Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Rutgers at Indiana Game Thread | Sunday 3/10 @ Noon ET on BTN

5 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

That’s awesome. Where did you buy them from?

Going to work out really well for me to go Thursday.

Vividseats.  Just got the evening game tickets.  Got upper level since IU plays in the morning session.  Two tickets for a total of $38.

So $115 bucks for two tickets to all four games with two games being on the floor.  And $50 of the $115 was for overnight delivery (they didn't have an online ticket print option).

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Its still weird to me that grad transfer's get to have a senior speech while 3 year players(i.e. Oladipo) never get to give a speech. Oladipo did get an undergrad degree that May.

Some schools do it.  Kansas did it for a freshman who was being a one and done.  Be kind of weird, though, if a player did it and then after getting draft advice came back to school.

Its still weird to me that grad transfer's get to have a senior speech while 3 year players(i.e. Oladipo) never get to give a speech. Oladipo did get an undergrad degree that May.

I believe it’s basically when you’re out of eligibility, at IU. Zeisloft did it after 2 years, Max B gave his after a single season too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Kind of an oddly honest speech from Juwan, talking quite a bit about almost transferring early on. 

I remember Damon's Senior Day speech. He said something to the effect of, "There were times when I came home from practice, and I was flat-out pissed off." ... It's impossible to fathom what that kid went through, with all the expectations and everything. And of course, playing four years for Knight is about as tough as it can get. And I would imagine that for a good part of it, he was BK's whipping boy. Seems like Damon probably was a prime candidate to take that role -- like it or not. 

Just now, Napleshoosier said:

He got kinda overshadowed by OG back then if you remember.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He did. And that was at a time when it was “how many” transfers we’ll have rather than “will we have any”. 

I was just surprised he was so candid about it in his speech. 

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Kind of an oddly honest speech from Juwan, talking quite a bit about almost transferring early on. 

Can't be easy playing for Hoosier Nation.  We can be a tough crowd even though we love them.  Sometimes after losses I'm not even brave enough to come to the message boards.

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Either something changed or everyone was wrong. I noticed Romeo loving Justin up during the game too. 

I’m saying something changed. Ever since that Wisconsin game, this team has been together. They had a player meeting before that game as well. My guess is everyone aired their grievances and finally got back to basketball

I’m saying something changed. Ever since that Wisconsin game, this team has been together. They had a player meeting before that game as well. My guess is everyone aired their grievances and finally got back to basketball
Where did you hear about player meeting? I must have missed it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app