Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier Guy

Rutgers at Indiana Game Thread | Sunday 3/10 @ Noon ET on BTN

3 hours ago, sweetpain said:

Wow, terrorist threats??? 

That sort of makes the thought of a drunken player running over a teammate seem less serious.

Wow, terrorist threats??? 
That sort of makes the thought of a drunken player running over a teammate seem less serious.

Not to make light of terrorist threats but they changed the wording of this many years ago in order to be able to expose stricter sentencing. He could have been drunk off his @$$ and said something stupid. They did the same with explosives around the same time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not to make light of terrorist threats but they changed the wording of this many years ago in order to be able to expose stricter sentencing. He could have been drunk off his @$$ and said something stupid. They did the same with explosives around the same time.

Came to say the same thing. "Terroristic threats" makes it sound like he was out plotting a bombing or something. For all I know he was, but what you said seems more likely. I'm not sure if this is the most recent version, but I found this:

NJ Terroristic Threats N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3

a. A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. 

While the first element of this statute seems to imply a threat of public safety, most terroristic threats charges stem from issues of domestic violence.  There are far fewer bomb threats than there are instances of verbal threats like “I’m going to kill you.”  While these issues most commonly occur between people that know each other, instances of road rage or even alcohol fueled fights can result in a terrorstic threats charge between perfect strangers.

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I guess I shouldn't make wise cracks about threats of terrorism either.  I just thought the title seemed a bit much if it was nothing more than a stupid comment.  A verbal threat is still a threat, but it's a far cry from a months-long email correspondence with a terrorist organization.  It's probably a simple case of a reporter doing his or her job of creating the best headline to grab attention.  

Anyway...

YouTube TV has the start time of the game tomorrow scheduled for 11, but every place else says noon.  I'm guessing that's due to the spring forward business which happens tonight.  There's no mention of which time zone YouTube is using.  I hope my recording doesn't shut off an hour earlier because of this.

1 hour ago, ray said:

I guess I shouldn't make wise cracks about threats of terrorism either.  I just thought the title seemed a bit much if it was nothing more than a stupid comment.  A verbal threat is still a threat, but it's a far cry from a months-long email correspondence with a terrorist organization.  It's probably a simple case of a reporter doing his or her job of creating the best headline to grab attention.  

Anyway...

YouTube TV has the start time of the game tomorrow scheduled for 11, but every place else says noon.  I'm guessing that's due to the spring forward business which happens tonight.  There's no mention of which time zone YouTube is using.  I hope my recording doesn't shut off an hour earlier because of this.

When the clocks change tomorrow morning, I'm sure the guide will update as well.

So question to anyone who has an answer for me. When it comes to senior speeches tomorrow, they are after the game correct? I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything tomorrown

Yes, unless Archie has changed it. When I went to several in the FCHTC era, they were after the game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyway...
11 CST?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Video for tomorrow's senior speeches will be available on BTN2go and on Facebook Live via the IU men's basketball page. The audio will be available on the IU athletics stream on TuneIn Radio.

I remember when the senior speeches were carried live on local tv. Of course we also had a local IU broadcast team and a weekly coaches show. The more things have shifted to conference, regional, and national coverage the less connected to IU basketball I have felt. Of course, it could just be 'grumpy old man' syndrome.