Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Update with Knight and Murphy.

48/9 - 247

48/11 - Rivals

LB Ty Wise - Carmel, IN (3/7/19)
OT Luke Wiginton - FW Bishop Dwenger, IN (4/6/19)
WR Rashawn Williams - Martin Luther King, MI (4/29/19)
OL Cameron Knight - Noblesville, IN (5/18/19)
DE Caleb Murphy - West Washington, IN (6/4/19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update with Keys, Neely-Watley and Williams.

61/11 - 247

62/11 - Rivals

ESPN

LB Ty Wise - Carmel, IN (3/7/19)
OT Luke Wiginton - FW Bishop Dwenger, IN (4/6/19)
WR Rashawn Williams - Martin Luther King, MI (4/29/19)
OL Cameron Knight - Noblesville, IN (5/18/19)
DE Caleb Murphy - West Washington, IN (6/4/19)
CB Christopher Keys - Collins, MS (6/6/19)
ATH Lemuel Neely-Watley - Harper Woods, MI (6/23/19)
QB Dexter Williams - Mount De Sales Academy, GA (6/23/19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty discouraged by this ranking. I think there are about 65 power five conference members and it looks like IU is nearly last place. Are we making any headway at all towards respectability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I am pretty discouraged by this ranking. I think there are about 65 power five conference members and it looks like IU is nearly last place. Are we making any headway at all towards respectability?

Did you look at our ranking the last two years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been to 2 bowl games the past 10 years. Can’t expect to just land boatloads of 4 stars. We need to develop a good program and win games. The same way NW, Wisconsin, and Iowa have done. They didn’t do that with a bunch of high end talent. Coaching.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We have been to 2 bowl games the past 10 years. Can’t expect to just land boatloads of 4 stars. We need to develop a good program and win games. The same way NW, Wisconsin, and Iowa have done. They didn’t do that with a bunch of high end talent. Coaching.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

 

This will be Coach Allen's third year. It will also be his freshmen and sophomores. It is time for some real progress. No more excuses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

3-5 more commits soon?  all 4 stars and above? :)  jj.

Class is filling up quickly.

Lol from what I’ve been told by my cousin the visits this weekend went really well.....and we are trending well with some others who haven’t made officials yet. One to keep an eye on is Jonathan Denis high 3 low 4* OL prospect. Won’t be in the next few weeks, but maybe in next month to two months. We impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope you're right Lucel, in terms of this class. I am pleased with the last two classes but this would be the year to add depth to the last two classes with another strong group of commitments. I hope we land some more high level players. Yeah, rankings only mean so much... but on average they play out accordingly on this level.

And yes, I am a CTA fan. 

Edited by VPC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We have been to 2 bowl games the past 10 years. Can’t expect to just land boatloads of 4 stars. We need to develop a good program and win games. The same way NW, Wisconsin, and Iowa have done. They didn’t do that with a bunch of high end talent. Coaching.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

 

Been some pretty good coaches at those programs you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I am pretty discouraged by this ranking. I think there are about 65 power five conference members and it looks like IU is nearly last place. Are we making any headway at all towards respectability?

I expect this class to be a disappointment compared to the last two. We need a winning season to show HS prospects that this coaching staff and program are legit. Do that and the 2021 class should be top 25 and coming into a squad with a ton of veteran talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I expect this class to be a disappointment compared to the last two. We need a winning season to show HS prospects that this coaching staff and program are legit. Do that and the 2021 class should be top 25 and coming into a squad with a ton of veteran talent. 

In what way? The rankings or in player talent? Because despite the ratings not being high 80s, this is a talented class that has multiple kids already who can play multiple positions especially on defense. They don’t need to be contributors right away in the way that We have needed in the past.....so is it a disappointment in overall ratings or players? Just a little confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I guess to please the ratings people so it’s not a huge disappointment........here’s people I know we are in the running for and who we have a great chance at landing per what my cousins told me. These rankings and ratings are all from 247 and can be found there....I find them to be more accurate than Rivals over the past few years  

 

Joe Moore DE out of MO- 89, 4* 247 comp

jonathan Denis OG or C from FL- 89, 4* “”””

Josh Fryar OL from IN- 88 high 3*

Westley Neal DL from Miami, FL, kid is high on us, even with home school knocking

Deontae Craig from IN.....

 

actually i I don’t know why I’m doing this because the people who have negative outlooks for football recruiting given.....the facts and what this staff has done to land, flip, or keep a verbal until signing day is amazing. I’m just speaking facts I’m not drinking lemonade. Or the kool aid. I’m fine with top 40. I don’t need top 25 to consider it an amazing year in recruiting. I’m looking at the actual talent pool and athletes this staff is going after and actually getting to come on campus......we had 3, 4-5* kids on campus this past weekend for unofficial or official visits. That is a regular occurrence in our current program.....it’s not fighting off MAC schools or non power 5 schools for commits. We are going after kids with impressive offers.....yeah dexter Williams doesn’t have any offers from huge places, but he also didnt go to his first camp until this Saturday and Sunday.....just like Dekkers who will probably continue to see offers even tho he committed to Iowa state. The fact is this staff went and got Sampson James to flip, they held on to a kid who was being courted by South Carolina and Mississippi State, and they are still dumbfounded on how they didn’t flip him, btw I believe Matthew Bedford started the year as like an 81......and he was bumped to a mid 3*. Tiwan Mullen who has footballs floating in his blood stream, his cousin is Lamar Jackson, brother just went to the raiders........who else oh keys from this current verbal list....was unranked......scouts looked and were like oh crap we looked him over.....high 3* don’t be surprised if he’s a 4* by the end of the year for those wanting stars.....this staff knows how to find and evaluate talent plain and simple......I’m just worrying about signing time and we only have a class of about 18 Kids maybe 20 and everyone worrying about ratings is crying because we don’t have a full class.....well I believe we have 15 seniors on the team this year.....I forget the exact count but it’s a small senior class.....anyways I’ve had two long posts today....this is fun :) anymore questions I can address 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lucel15 said:

In what way? The rankings or in player talent? Because despite the ratings not being high 80s, this is a talented class that has multiple kids already who can play multiple positions especially on defense. They don’t need to be contributors right away in the way that We have needed in the past.....so is it a disappointment in overall ratings or players? Just a little confused. 

In terms of landing top talent kids who are being offered by top 25 programs. I don’t really care much about the rankings. If a kid has offers from Nebraska, ND, Iowa and Michigan, those are the recruitments I want our program to win over (whether they are rated 100 or 1500).

When a kid’s next best offer is Georgia State and Miami of Ohio there’s usually a reason. Sure some pan out but that’s the exception, not the rule. I think a winning season this year will greatly improve the depth of our next couple classes, where we are turning kids down, not taking on unknown projects and sitting around with empty scholarships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

In terms of landing top talent kids who are being offered by top 25 programs. I don’t really care much about the rankings. If a kid has offers from Nebraska, ND, Iowa and Michigan, those are the recruitments I want our program to win over (whether they are rated 100 or 1500).

When a kid’s next best offer is Georgia State and Miami of Ohio there’s usually a reason. Sure some pan out but that’s the exception, not the rule. I think a winning season this year will greatly improve the depth of our next couple classes, where we are turning kids down, not taking on unknown projects and sitting around with empty scholarships.

And I respect your opinion, but nowadays given how aggressive this staff has been with going after kids we are seeing more and more kids coming to us with power 5 offers.  There are always going to be kids that we offer that might not have the best offer list, and so far with some of those cases this staff has been a great judge of talent and what they are capable of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always nice to get kids that have other high major offers and I agree that is often a better indicator of a class than rankings.  However, sometimes those other high major offers come after a kid has been offered by IU or even after they commit to IU.  

There's no good reason to limit our staff to only recruiting players that have already been recruited by our peers.  To be offered this early in the process, one can assume they are our plan A/B recruits rather than last ditch efforts to fill a roster spot. 

There are roughly 250,000 HS seniors that play football.  There will likely be a few players (especially at smaller schools) that don't get the recognition or publicity to draw attention for offers.  Oftentimes, once a school like IU offers or gets a verbal, bigger schools look to see if they want to poach.  Or it is possible that no one else wants to offer or the kid has made clear he isn't interested in more offers.  Regardless, IU wants these kids and think they can help.   I don't think Allen is lowering any standards just to fill his class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×