Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUWBB - 2019 B1G Tournament

These ladies are going to be competing in the uppper echelon of the B10 soon. Minus an athletic big, this team is deep and talented every else. Yeaney could be an All American by the time she graduates. She's a mixture of Vic and OG. Fun(and frustrating) team to warch.

1 hour ago, jk34 said:

These ladies are going to be competing in the uppper echelon of the B10 soon. Minus an athletic big, this team is deep and talented every else. Yeaney could be an All American by the time she graduates. She's a mixture of Vic and OG. Fun(and frustrating) team to warch.

Really wish they'd cut down on the turnovers. That's been a recurring problem under Moren. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a female version of Crean's teams.

29 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Really wish they'd cut down on the turnovers. That's been a recurring problem under Moren. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a female version of Crean's teams.

That's definitely my frustration as well. I believe next year we'll be talking about what seed we're going to be, instead of trying to claw our way in.

Forgive my long-winded, poorly worded post, lol. The turnover posts got me curious about how IU compares nationally/B1G.  Per https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-women/d1/current/team/289 there are 349 teams listed, the best team averaging 10 TOPG (Oregon), and the worst averaging 24.6 TOPG.  IU comes in at #147, with 15.5 TOPG.  Not horrible, not great.  Narrowing it further within the B1G,  we're 10th.  Ouch.  The B1G order is (starting first): Illinois (33rd nationally) 13.2, NW, PSU, MSU, Purdue (119 nationally) 15.0, Nebraska 15.2, Maryland 15.2, Wisc 15.3, IU 15.5, Minn, Rutgers, Michigan, OSU.  So, by decreasing by just 2 TO per game, that would move us up ~ 100 spots in national ratings (just TOPG).  

Good win and we may have locked in a tourney spot but can guarantee it by beating Iowa tonight (I will be there).

What is interesting is this team only has one major senior this year in Kim Royster and will have 5 5* players on the team next year which will be the most ever and more than the men currently (Berger, Penn, Patberg and then add Holmes and Allen in recruiting) so future for now at least is very bright.

That made me wonder about correlation between TO and standings.  I'll list the B1G standings, with the TurnOvers Per Game in parentheses.  Maryland (8), Iowa (3) Rutgers (12), Michigan (13), OSU (14), Nebraska (7), Minnesota (11), MSU (5), Purdue (6), IU (10), PSU (4), Wisconsin (9), Illinois (1).  No real pattern that can be deduced (a top 5 team is worst in TOPG, the #14 team is best).  I'm not trying to make any point here, lol, numbers interest me.  Just a couple of better passes, a little more awareness, etc. could really help this team!