Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

Perfect thread to divert from the topic at hand. Natural segues into 2018-19 team and individual shooting percentages and how RoJo’s percentage from 3 regressed between his 4th grade year and his senior year at IU. Plus, don’t forget that we haven’t had a shooter on campus since Alford....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4th grade, college, same thing

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Is it LSU and Memphis with IU being a distant 3rd? With UM out completely and Mary nearly out. Or am I wrong?

Seems to be the case with both Watford and Quinones. Appears to be a long shot for both, but you never know. I’m hoping that this leads to an offer for Leal this weekend or during his in-home Monday. We’ll have 4 rides for the 2020 class with no other freshmen additions. We would be really stupid not to take Leal if it shakes out that way. 

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Seems to be the case with both Watford and Quinones. Appears to be a long shot for both, but you never know. I’m hoping that this leads to an offer for Leal this weekend or during his in-home Monday. We’ll have 4 rides for the 2020 class with no other freshmen additions. We would be really stupid not to take Leal if it shakes out that way. 

Memphis seems to be leading for Precious Achiuwa right now. Would they be able to take all 3? I would guess they only take 2, which would potentially give IU an opening. I know Will Wade has been reinstated, but it seems like IU would be a much safer choice than LSU at the moment as I'd assume Wade is on relatively thin ice

3 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Memphis seems to be leading for Precious Achiuwa right now. Would they be able to take all 3? I would guess they only take 2, which would potentially give IU an opening. I know Will Wade has been reinstated, but it seems like IU would be a much safer choice than LSU at the moment as I'd assume Wade is on relatively thin ice

I would say with the way things have gone, Will Wade will be just fine. Had Louisville not fired Pitino, my guess is he would still be there and it would be business as usual. Only schools that take matters into their own hands get punished. The NCAA knows where its bread is buttered and isn't going to do anything to stop that.

5 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I would say with the way things have gone, Will Wade will be just fine. Had Louisville not fired Pitino, my guess is he would still be there and it would be business as usual. Only schools that take matters into their own hands get punished. The NCAA knows where its bread is buttered and isn't going to do anything to stop that.

Unfortunate but true. I'm ready for a sign that IU has jumped into the game. It can't really be considered cheating when the people in charge know it's happening and let it go on. I hope that we can get Lester because he looks like he could really help us at a position of need. I'm not worried about his IMG connections or whatever. Just do what you gotta do. 

10 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Seems unlikely that he'll be punished, but I would probably prefer more certainty if I was a prospect. It's one thing if a guy is a OAD, and so long term coaching security isn't that important. A guy like Quinones is probably a 3-4 year guy though, and so coaching stability may (hopefully) be a tie breaker in our advantage.

Seems unlikely that he'll be punished, but I would probably prefer more certainty if I was a prospect. It's one thing if a guy is a OAD, and so long term coaching security isn't that important. A guy like Quinones is probably a 3-4 year guy though, and so coaching stability may (hopefully) be a tie breaker in our advantage.

Didn’t LSU just fire their AD though. Could be the new AD comes in and cleans house?

35 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I know a lot of people want this kid for whatever reason.   I have little interest in self promoters and attention seekers.   We've been down this road and I know where it leads.

Point well made and well heeded. However, some immature young people have the ability to mature.That's where staff assessment comes into play and where this staff's talent evaluation will sink or swim. 

When they get a low-maintenance/high performance/hard working kid like Phinisee, it's an easy call. When they get a current "look at me" kid, they better be darn sure that they can readily convert that kid to high performance/low maintenance hard working one. There's a lengthy history of kids with problem personalities that turned out great for IU, and a long history of kids with problem personalities that turned out to be, well...problems. Quinn Buckner may not be walking through that door very often, but Landon Turner might be.

If they are wrong? They end up losing that multi-million dollar a year salaried program, and they mainline a stress and sadness IV. 

Point well made and well heeded. However, some immature young people have the ability to mature.That's where staff assessment comes into play and where this staff's talent evaluation will sink or swim. 

When they get a low-maintenance/high performance hard working kid like Phinisee, it's an easy call. When they get a current "look at me" kid, they better be darn sure that they can readily convert that kid to high performance/low maintenance hard working one.

If they are wrong? They end up losing that multi-million dollar a year salaried program, and they mainline a stress and sadness IV. 

Well said Stu. This is where the staff has to earn their stripes.

Or they could ask Adidas to pay for them stripes........ Too Soon?

Correct and Sean Miller will be at Arizona for a long time to come as well.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk