Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

2 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I don't think anyone has ACCEPTED mediocrity.  Let me ask you, as a fanbase, what can we do to reject it?  We have no control over the program....Should we stop going to games?  Stop buying merchandise?  That'll show them!  What should we do to reject mediocrity??  Are we protesting outside of Cook Hall?  

No, we support the program through the ups and downs .... if you don't want to, then head out of here and find a new team....

So we protest when an abusive coach is fired for being abusive and that equals loyalty to the team but protesting when the guys who are in charge are being idiots oh well that would be disloyal and those people should just find a new team. 

Be happy or get lost definitely seems like a strategy for success

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

So we protest when an abusive coach is fired for being abusive and that equals loyalty to the team but protesting when the guys who are in charge are being idiots oh well that would be disloyal and those people should just find a new team. 

Be happy or get lost definitely seems like a strategy for success

Not sure where you got "be happy or get lost" .... i said support the program through the ups and downs .... some fans just want to celebrate the good times.....and be constantly negative in the down times ... never hopeful .... 

2 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Not sure where you got "be happy or get lost" .... i said support the program through the ups and downs .... some fans just want to celebrate the good times.....and be constantly negative in the down times ... never hopeful .... 

Support and being overly positive are very different things. Your saying support but you are criticizing me for not being overly positive. 

I do support the program. I just don’t have much faith in it. 

WayneFleek over here trying to keep to myself. Wait and watch approach to this whole quandary.

Maybe what’s actually good for IUBB isn’t winning at recruiting. Although, I have my doubts because Coach K and Calipari have resorted to getting the best each year at all costs, and they win quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I want this kid. Not quite as much as Harris. But he would be a really good addition for the future. The thing I worry about is everyone kind of thinking kids like this or Harris are day one contributors and impact players. Imo, he may get 10 or so mpg here, but I am not sure he beats out Green and Al for many minutes at the 2 early on. I am not saying they are world beaters either in the least either.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I’d be shocked if we landed another player. At some point we are going to start recruiting Rutgers caliber players.

My concern. We get a real player here and there.  

I would love to say that it is down to Mich and IU here with IU making the most since but who knows. That's looking at it without my crimson colored glasses on. LSU, MARY and MEM all have several already committed with 2019 and 2018 at his position. But strange things happen in recruiting. Archie, pay this young man. Get it done

Is this the thread that we will be derailing for the next few weeks now?
Do we honestly have a good shot with him or should not get our hopes up once again?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Do we honestly have a good shot with him or should not get our hopes up once again?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but think we had more of a shot with Harris. That being said, he’s not really looking at close to home schools so that shouldn’t be an issue on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Give hopes a rest.    This kid will not make or break anything.  He's a player.  There are other players.   Lester Quinones is JAG (just a guy).  Kids saying yes should not fire anyone up.  Trayce Jackson Davis is a very good player.  Arman Franklin is a good player who will get better and will help immediately.  Jerome Hunter is a very good player who will surprise a lot of people.  Lester Quinones is....just a player.  A kid who will be in the rotation, but not any kind of difference maker.   Good if he comes, just fine if he doesn't.

Hate to say it, but this is exactly right. Not commentary on Romeo, but we saw what difference even an elite player makes. It's all hit or miss, and college basketball is way more dependent on the team structure and culture than any one player.

I really like our incoming class from a class balance and structure perspective despite the low ranking which everyone has chosen to pick at. Quinones would be gravy - however I still don't want to touch IMG regardless of the player.

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I want this kid. Not quite as much as Harris. But he would be a really good addition for the future. The thing I worry about is everyone kind of thinking kids like this or Harris are day one contributors and impact players. Imo, he may get 10 or so mpg here, but I am not sure he beats out Green and Al for many minutes at the 2 early on. I am not saying they are world beaters either in the least either.

if he can shoot, like he's supposed to be able to do, "learn the offense" and learn to play a little defense, he will get minutes.