Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

5 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Gotta feeling we’re gonna be seeing this kid in Assembly Hall next year....in a Michigan uniform. I think the announcement of Iggy, Poole, and Matthews declaring for the draft (and hiring an agent) and Quinones cancelling his IU visit isn’t just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hiring an agent no longer disqualifies you from coming back to school.

Edited by IUaic

23 hours ago, goonaha said:

Are we not all up in arms about a recruit's tweet? So how exactly was TJD's twitter announcement "quiet"? It got thousands of likes and replies as I recall.

Edit: Response to "Confused" emoji: LQ is some "dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter". TJD "announced quietly via twitter". Can you see how that doesn't add up? 

Just to be clear, I'm not all up in arms over a kid's tweets.  I could care less what a 17-year old tweets, to be honest.  If you look for a single comment from me about his tweet, then you'll find none.  I responded to your comment in defense of TJD and Armaan.

I used the confused emoji for a couple reasons.  

1) You compared TJD and Armaan to players someone else described as (attention seeking "me" guys) when asked to compare.  I'm not sure how they compare when neither TJD or AF made a huge ordeal over their announcement.  TJD just randomly tweeted where he was committing on a random (yet not so random, considering it was just before the AF/TJD matchup) Friday without a tv and radio frenzy like so many others.  In fairness, LQ may not require and demand that type of media hype either.  Again, my point wasn't about LQ's tweet.  I was merely stating that someone tweeting his commitment is a far cry from scheduling with news and television stations to make an announcement.  More and more players, especially those with the national reputation of someone like TJD, are looking for the brightest spotlight.  That's there prerogative, but I find it refreshing TJD did not choose this route.  So, I mentioned in response to your initial post that he quietly announced on twitter...because I don't see the comparison of TJD to the (attention seeking "me" guys) you were suggesting existed.

2) The biggest reason for the confused emoji was in reference to your comment...(paraphrased) because TJD's tweet to announce his commitment to Indiana received thousands of likes it therefore wasn't quiet.  Of course it received thousands of likes.  Indiana fans are thrilled to have him coming to Bloomington, so why would they not like his commitment?  Receiving likes for announcing your commitment should be expected, especially from a 5-star like TJD.  That, however, doesn't mean he didn't quietly announce.  And, in my opinion, it certainly doesn't suggest he's an (attention seeking "me" guy).

It's all good.  I didn't mean too much behind it, outside of defending two committed Hoosiers I'm happy to have on Indiana's roster next year because I believe neither is an attention seeking "me" guy.

21 minutes ago, ray said:

Just to be clear, I'm not all up in arms over a kid's tweets.  I could care less what a 17-year old tweets, to be honest.  If you look for a single comment from me about his tweet, then you'll find none.  I responded to your comment in defense of TJD and Armaan.

I used the confused emoji for a couple reasons.  

1) You compared TJD and Armaan to players someone else described as (attention seeking "me" guys) when asked to compare.  I'm not sure how they compare when neither TJD or AF made a huge ordeal over their announcement.  TJD just randomly tweeted where he was committing on a random (yet not so random, considering it was just before the AF/TJD matchup) Friday without a tv and radio frenzy like so many others.  In fairness, LQ may not require and demand that type of media hype either.  Again, my point wasn't about LQ's tweet.  I was merely stating that someone tweeting his commitment is a far cry from scheduling with news and television stations to make an announcement.  More and more players, especially those with the national reputation of someone like TJD, are looking for the brightest spotlight.  That's there prerogative, but I find it refreshing TJD did not choose this route.  So, I mentioned in response to your initial post that he quietly announced on twitter...because I don't see the comparison of TJD to the (attention seeking "me" guys) you were suggesting existed.

2) The biggest reason for the confused emoji was in reference to your comment...(paraphrased) because TJD's tweet to announce his commitment to Indiana received thousands of likes it therefore wasn't quiet.  Of course it received thousands of likes.  Indiana fans are thrilled to have him coming to Bloomington, so why would they not like his commitment?  Receiving likes for announcing your commitment should be expected, especially from a 5-star like TJD.  That, however, doesn't mean he didn't quietly announce.  And, in my opinion, it certainly doesn't suggest he's an (attention seeking "me" guy).

It's all good.  I didn't mean too much behind it, outside of defending two committed Hoosiers I'm happy to have on Indiana's roster next year because I believe neither is an attention seeking "me" guy.

And to be clear, I was being sarcastic regarding the TJD and AF being attention seeking. My whole point was that people (and I don't think it was even you that irked me) were lambasting LQ for being "attention seeking" by having a tweet about his visit or reacting to some small time media guy. And at the same time people were complimenting TJD and AF for only tweeting their announcements and thus not seeking attention. So bottom line was, kids spending time on twitter is not a big deal and not necessarily "attention seeking" in both the LQ and TJD/AF scenarios.  I think we're all good, but thanks for taking the time to respond.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Honkyman said:

What is the problem with some IU fans and twitter? Some knucklehead gets in a twitter fight with Keion Brooks' mother? Another idiot goes after Lester Quinones because he needs to reschedule his official visit? Outside of Indiana (and probably inside of the state), Indiana fans have a reputation of being uncivil and out-of-control. I regret to say that lately it seems deserved. If it hasn't hurt recruiting yet, it will. Let's get it together guys!

On a positive note at least our boisterous  fans have all their teeth. Just look a little further south with similarities other than what I mentioned.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, LIHoosier said:

Now everyone apologize... ;)

You're joking but people really should think more about what they're putting out there about these kids. Not only because it impacts how Indiana basketball is perceived in the world by players, fans, and other relevant parties but also because it's just a crappy thing to do to question these kids' character because they make a decision that you don't like. We don't know why he canceled this visit, it could've been a real emergency and the way some of our fans reacted was disappointing.

You're joking but people really should think more about what they're putting out there about these kids. Not only because it impacts how Indiana basketball is perceived in the world by players, fans, and other relevant parties but also because it's just a crappy thing to do to question these kids' character because they make a decision that you don't like. We don't know why he canceled this visit, it could've been a real emergency and the way some of our fans reacted was disappointing.
Par for the course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Aeggie said:

Kentucky fans repeatedly said they didn’t want Brooks and couldn’t even spell his name correctly. The belief that fan behavior online was a factor was BS. Unless the family was specifically looking at negative things online looking for reasons not to go to IU