Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

Recommended Posts

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

Me too. I could be wrong, but I took #greatfanbase as sarcasm.

Oh absolutely. Which makes me a little mad because IU fans were showing him all kinds of love, and then he says that because one moron (who might not even be an IU fan) tweeted something stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol I’m so over this vilification of our fan base. It’s comical at this point. So he takes 1 negative reply from a guy that probably isn’t even an IU fan and says great fan base? Lol there were tons of positive replies to his tweet. Ignorance at its finest 

This. It’s ridiculous.


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After re-reading Quinones’s post, it is entirely possible to me that he was expressing two separate thoughts; ie “this guy is a clown” and “he’s a clown because everyone knows this is a great fan base.”

It is a given to me that words can be read with multiple meanings; that’s why professional emails are often misinterpreted but phone calls rarely are. The meaning of written words can be especially inexact when they are issued by an 18 year old.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

After re-reading Quinones’s post, it is entirely possible to me that he was expressing two separate thoughts; ie “this guy is a clown” and “he’s a clown because everyone knows this is a great fan base.”

It is a given to me that words can be read with multiple meanings; that’s why professional emails are often misinterpreted but phone calls rarely are. The meaning of written words can be especially inexact when they are issued by an 18 year old.

 

That'a a nice spin but he also took down the photo of him in an Indiana jersey that was posted yesterday. I don't think there is any positive connotation in what he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That'a a nice spin but he also took down the photo of him in an Indiana jersey that was posted yesterday. I don't think there is any positive connotation in what he said.

 

The other interpretation is that he’s about to commit to somewhere else! Lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

 

The other interpretation is that he’s about to commit to somewhere else! Lol

 

True! But it would be weird to lie about a family emergency if he was just committing somewhere else. "I canceled the visit because I made my decision" is easy enough to say.

I think he's probably under some stress/worry from whatever the family emergency is and the comment from this random asshat on twitter set him off. I can't say I blame him. I might not react too differently in his shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

True! But it would be weird to lie about a family emergency if he was just committing somewhere else. "I canceled the visit because I made my decision" is easy enough to say.

I think he's probably under some stress/worry from whatever the family emergency is and the comment from this random asshat on twitter set him off. I can't say I blame him. I might not react too differently in his shoes.

Good point but these are 17-18 year old kids and they don't always use the best judgement or think through what they are posting on social media. I think there are a number of scenarios that could be playing out and although this might be factual I am always a little skeptical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Good riddance.  Indiana doesn't need (as Dakich said today and worded it well) an attention seeking "me" guy.

Give me winners.  Give me people who can play the game and are tough as hell.  Thicker skin than some dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter.   Good Lord.  

We should dump the entire recruiting class with this logic then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Laughable.   No.  Show me the comparisons.   

 

Neither TJD nor Franklin won state championships nor Peach Jam for their respective high school/EYBL teams. Both of them have posted multiple edits or pictures on Twitter and Instagram in an effort to attract likes from the IU fanbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Neither TJD nor Franklin won state championships nor Peach Jam for their respective high school/EYBL teams. Both of them have posted multiple edits or pictures on Twitter and Instagram in an effort to attract likes from the IU fanbase.

Yet, TJD announced quietly via twitter without any tv or media frenzy.  This hype so many players look for in their announcement makes me appreciate TJD's approach and maturity even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ray said:

Yet, TJD announced quietly via twitter without any tv or media frenzy.  This hype so many players look for in their announcement makes me appreciate TJD's approach and maturity even more.

Are we not all up in arms about a recruit's tweet? So how exactly was TJD's twitter announcement "quiet"? It got thousands of likes and replies as I recall.

Edit: Response to "Confused" emoji: LQ is some "dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter". TJD "announced quietly via twitter". Can you see how that doesn't add up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×