Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

Maybe I’m missing something because I'm awake later than I should be, but why would he have been on campus recently?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He was on a plane with Billy Donovan. Knowing that Archie is going to get canned after this next season because he can’t recruit or teach offense, Donovan is planning on taking over the program. LQ is going to redshirt next season as a Hoosier under Archie then have four solid seasons playing for Donovan. Book it!

11 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Doesn't matter. All kids think they're better than their ranking. A problem with this generation. Although I sucked pretty much around the board I knew that. Today kids are told they're great. Guess what? 10% of kids today are great at one thing. In my age 10 % of kids were great at one thing except they seemed to know what that meant. Today they all (185 per year) think they are lottery picks. End one and done to end the unrealistic nature of HS kids! Don't care who we get or don't but the one's we do get I want them to expect to be here for 3 years at minimum. We won't have the NBA superstar to root for after but I don't care if we have banner 6 to brag about despite that!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree.  Quinones is ranked 60th in this class.  60 guys per class are not NBA level talent unless you count the cup of tea guys.  It's fine to have NBA aspirations based on working to get there. It's not fine to assume that getting there is based on a coach leaving you in to take more shots regardless of whether you are hitting.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I cant believe people are still interested in this announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

35 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yet here you are posting, in the LQ thread, on the day of his commitment.

As one Michael Scott once stated:

Boom Roasted.

Does everyone remember when LQ canceled his first visit to IU then a fan trolled him saying he never had intentions to come here anyway then LQ responded with basically calling our fan base a bunch of clowns? Does anyone else think it’s possible he strung IU/fans along just to troll us??? Call me crazy but I follow him on twitter and given some posts, I don’t think its that far fetched to think he never had any intentions to even consider coming here. He may be a good player but I don’t see him as a player that fits with the culture that Archie is trying to build so I’m not sad to see us “miss out” on him. Also, as many have already alluded to, IMG is $hady and its probably a good thing we don’t land him.

All I know is Michigan cancelled his visit bc this recruitment isn’t clean. So I’d expect Memphis. If it’s IU, then we are playing the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are playing the game at a Crean level right now. I’d rather be playing it one step below Sean Miller level. Lol

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

Does everyone remember when LQ canceled his first visit to IU then a fan trolled him saying he never had intentions to come here anyway then LQ responded with basically calling our fan base a bunch of clowns. Does anyone else think it’s possible he strung IU/fans along just to troll us??? Call me crazy but I follow him on twitter and given some posts, I don’t think its that far fetched to think he never had any intentions to even consider coming here. He may be a good player but I don’t see him as a player that fits with the culture that Archie is trying to build so I’m not sad to see us “miss out” on him. Also, as many have already alludes to, IMG is $hady and its probably a good thing we don’t land him.

No.

After that exchange, the young man traveled up and took a three day visit to campus, hung out with players and coaches, and was gracious and interested throughout. 

Compare Ethan Morton’s quote to Quinones. And we wonder why Purdue wins college games and we don’t.

Top-50 prospect picks #Purdue. Why? "Playing with guys that… make others better & just care about winning, & putting the team before themselves, because you want to win championships.”

1 minute ago, IU-DL said:

Some of you need to take a break from this board of go find another school to complain about. Purdue actually sucks and because one kid was convinced by porkchop that he's going to play basketball in the dump of a city, Lafayette, they're not the voice of the state? Give me a break and go hang another sweet 16 banner next to your "IU SUCKS" banner.

You don't like IU or Archie Miller, fine, but go complain about it somewhere else. This site was not built to field complaints about recruits and problems with coaches or programs. It's for a group of people who love something...like IU basketball...to get together and talk about it. Good lord, this has turned into a gaggle of pessimists. 

You don’t dictate what gets discussed. So get over yourself