Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

2 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

It's clear now what is going on. IU must be an Android school and Memphis is a Mac school. Apple must have promised the parents $ if he chose Memphis and used FaceTime to do it. LQ will endorse the new 2023 AirPods after graduation...and all this time we have been worried about Adidas vs. Nike vs. UA...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember when Oladipo was wearing those Google glasses during the NBA Draft. It's all coming together now...

That's exactly it. Archie knows he has job security and so obviously doesn't care enough to work hard... That's how college coaches are wired.
Also, what does "recruiting with a sense of urgency" look like?
Kind of like Bob Knight's game face.Screenshot_20190508-190621_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I’m not ready to write Damezi off yet. Really can’t believe some of you are. Sad if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On one hand I want us to “get old”, and see players develop as they become juniors and seniors, but on the other hand I was disappointed in his freshman year shooting and defense. I realize that is a very contradictory position . 

I guess Yogisballin didn't read my post. In response to the suggestion that IU concentrate on players in the 150 range rather than the top 100 high school players, I wrote that players in that range don't always turn out as well as those ranked higher. I mentioned Victory Olidapo and Rob Phinesee as players who showed promise right away and Damezi Anderson as one who had not "at least yet." It is a fact that Damezi Anderson has not yet played up to the level of others. Nobody said anything about writing him off.  So there is no need for your overdramatized mischaracterization "sad if you ask me." It might help if you read before you comment.

I am thinking we need a basketball-only facetime facility.  and a separate one for football.  The ability to not share with other teams is vital to our recruiting efforts.

Make sure those facilities don’t have drop ceilings!

20 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I hope Archie never uses Facetime, if that's something a recruit uses to make a decision.  "A recruit" will never be important enough to convince me to believe anything on social media is the difference maker.    To me?  A recruit that needs this (and I already believe this about Quinones) is an attention seeker who's more interested in himself than anything.   Indication of being pampered and entitled.  I know social media is used and has its place.   But if Facetime communication is THE deciding factor and a player needs to be "shown love" that much?  Go to Memphis.

If you want to exclude all teenagers interested in technology and social media from attending Indiana University, then prepare to not have a full roster.  This comment seems ludicrous to me...or naive, at the very least.  It is also extremely critical of a person's personality, based solely on speculation that he is an attention seeker (never mind the fact nearly all other teenagers are as socially active or more so than this kid).

I know you hate the kid, or at least strongly despise him, but dang.

19 hours ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

It just makes no sense. We're probably only going to have 11 scholarship players next year. Possibly 10 depending on Hunter's health. Let's just say hunter can't go. That leaves us Rob, Green, Durham, Franklin and Anderson to cover the 1-3 spots. We still have no shooting threats at all. Unless these guys make tremendous strides we're probably going to be one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country again. I honestly think year 3 could be his worst year yet. Lets say we finish 17-15 next year with no postseason. Does Archie make it to year 4? Does he deserve a 4th year? Things are not moving in a positive direction right now IMO. It seems like recruiting has hit a huge wall. A lot of people are losing faith in Archie.

With the absence of certain players and the returning of Green and Durham, both of whom were fairly consistent shooters, I believe Indiana's percentage will increase rather dramatically.  I'm not sure what your definition of a shooting threat is, but my opinion is a shooting threat is exactly what Green is.  Phinisee shot well prior to his concussion and his body should be more prepared for the amount of minutes he was required to play last year.

Now, if Demezi cannot find his shot (which he happened to lose last year) and attempts a hundred more threes than anyone on the team like Romeo did last year, or if Trayce decides to shoot a third of his shots from 3 when we need him working inside and on the glass, then the numbers may not change much.

And this is all assuming no additions or subtractions take place.

10 hours ago, yogisballin said:

I’m not ready to write Damezi off yet. Really can’t believe some of you are. Sad if you ask me

I think every college player deserves two years. He could play a lot this upcoming year. Really wish Jake would have stuck around one more year. 

4 hours ago, Honkyman said:

I guess Yogisballin didn't read my post. In response to the suggestion that IU concentrate on players in the 150 range rather than the top 100 high school players, I wrote that players in that range don't always turn out as well as those ranked higher. I mentioned Victory Olidapo and Rob Phinesee as players who showed promise right away and Damezi Anderson as one who had not "at least yet." It is a fact that Damezi Anderson has not yet played up to the level of others. Nobody said anything about writing him off.  So there is no need for your overdramatized mischaracterization "sad if you ask me." It might help if you read before you comment.

I NEVER said that YOU are writing him off, did I? I agree, there is no need for overdramatized mischaracterization. Maybe, just maybe it would help you if read before you commented. 

3 hours ago, ray said:

If you want to exclude all teenagers interested in technology and social media from attending Indiana University, then prepare to not have a full roster.  This comment seems ludicrous to me...or naive, at the very least.  It is also extremely critical of a person's personality, based solely on speculation that he is an attention seeker (never mind the fact nearly all other teenagers are as socially active or more so than this kid).

I know you hate the kid, or at least strongly despise him, but dang.

Okay, ray.  Calm down.

Let's apply meaning and context to what I said.  I don't hate the kid or anyone else.  I think this one in particular is an attention seeking, "me first" kid for many reasons.   And what I meant (and basically what I said) was if the amount of Facetime he gets with a coach is a large or THE deciding factor in what school he chooses, this is one more example of why I believe what I do.   Go to Memphis.   I have no interest in kids who choose Indiana because of how much attention (see : "love") he feels from Archie Miller.    You either want to play basketball at Indiana University or you do not.  And I know you understand that.   Right?  Take a breath.

Yogiballsin--Funny guy. You quote me while lambasting fans for giving up on Damezi Anderson. When I call you on it, you deny it. OK. Whatever you say.

I’ll admit, probably shouldn’t have quoted you. That made it look like I was calling you out and that was not the case

Memphis just offered a 6’5” 185 lb. shooting guard in the class of 2020, Zach Harvey. I think Quinones is going to Memphis, and I know Harvey being in 2020 makes this pretty much irrelevant, but there are / were many signs that seem as if Quinones could choose IU. Yanno?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Memphis just offered a 6’5” 185 lb. shooting guard in the class of 2020, Zach Harvey. I think Quinones is going to Memphis, and I know Harvey being in 2020 makes this pretty much irrelevant, but there are / were many signs that seem as if Quinones could choose IU. Yanno?

If he had been on campus we would have heard

Doesn't matter. All kids think they're better than their ranking. A problem with this generation. Although I sucked pretty much around the board I knew that. Today kids are told they're great. Guess what? 10% of kids today are great at one thing. In my age 10 % of kids were great at one thing except they seemed to know what that meant. Today they all (185 per year) think they are lottery picks. End one and done to end the unrealistic nature of HS kids! Don't care who we get or don't but the one's we do get I want them to expect to be here for 3 years at minimum. We won't have the NBA superstar to root for after but I don't care if we have banner 6 to brag about despite that!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app