Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

11 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

gradman will now write a 12 page memo about how Archie not using FaceTime lost a recruit and how terrible he sucks! I can see it now, why Archie sucks and how he never gets MCDonalds AA’s.........

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am thinking we need a basketball-only facetime facility.  and a separate one for football.  The ability to not share with other teams is vital to our recruiting efforts.

49 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Archie isn’t recruiting with a sense of urgency. Probably because Fred told him he will get 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's exactly it. Archie knows he has job security and so obviously doesn't care enough to work hard... That's how college coaches are wired.

Also, what does "recruiting with a sense of urgency" look like?

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

IU is looking at grad transfers but the problem is the schools policy on admittance of athletes that are grad transfers. They get no special waiver like most schools they have to get accepted like everyone else. Brunk has a 3.9 gpa so no problem but it has been reported that IU has looked at grad transfers but have backed off once they know they would not get accepted

How it should be tbh. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

You speak for the IU masses now? Recruiting ain't over till the fat lady sings. Since you and everyone else on here likes to overreact with your silly hypotheticals, I'll redo yours for you... 

Lets say we finish 23-9 next year with a good seed in the big dance. Does Archie get an extension? Does he deserve a bonus?

Feel better now? 

When did I say I speak for the IU masses? I was just giving my opinion based off what I see with our current situation. The only person overreacting is you overreacting to my post. I thought this was an IU Message Board where we could discuss our opinions about IU basketball? 

Maaaaaan this place is chippy today.  

Edit:  Even the usually even-keeled posters are pushing back.  Nothing even going on right now.

It’s been a tough week. Recruiting was slow and uneventful lately and then it appears we lost key targets to UNC, LSU, Memphis and Purdue and finally offered two kids that might have committed had the offer come earlier but are now not jumping at them immediately.

We can say, it’s not who we don’t get but who we do get that matters, it would be nice to see us get one of our targets soon to break out of this slump

8 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

When did I say I speak for the IU masses? I was just giving my opinion based off what I see with our current situation. The only person overreacting is you overreacting to my post. I thought this was an IU Message Board where we could discuss our opinions about IU basketball? 

"lot of people are losing faith in Archie." 

This is clearly stated as a fact, not an opinion. Who are "a lot of people" and how many of them are there? You're speaking for "a lot of people" when there's no way you could actually know that's how they feel. Understand what I'm saying?

Opinions are great. I love the opinions on here... it's largely why I keep coming back. Reading these hot take opinions posted as factual statements is just really starting to get old. But hey, you do you.

57 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

"lot of people are losing faith in Archie." 

This is clearly stated as a fact, not an opinion. Who are "a lot of people" and how many of them are there? You're speaking for "a lot of people" when there's no way you could actually know that's how they feel. Understand what I'm saying?

Opinions are great. I love the opinions on here... it's largely why I keep coming back. Reading these hot take opinions posted as factual statements is just really starting to get old. But hey, you do you.

I wasn't trying to state it as a fact. I guess you have to put "in my opinion" in front of everything you say now so I'll try it again. In my opinion, based off what I hear from people I interact with in person and on social media a lot of them are starting to lose faith in Archie.

6 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

I wasn't trying to stated it as a fact. I guess you have to put "in my opinion" in front of everything you say now so I'll try it again. In my opinion, based off what I hear from people I interact with in person and on social media a lot of them are starting to lose faith in Archie.

I love this... and I love you too. Thank you! This is insightful... I truly mean that.

44 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

It just says "old!"   It doesn't say "Old enough not to know the difference between Facebook and Facetime!"  I have 3 teen aged boys....believe me....I know the difference!!!   Plus, Middle Aged Friend sounded stupid....and out of context for purposes of this site. =)

Otherwise, your screen name would be

Old.

Friend.

39 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

If Jerome Hunter and Race Thompson are 100% healthy, then we won’t miss any of these guys we missed on. Get either 1 or both of Leal and Galloway and I’m very happy with how the roster is taking shape. 

Is it really good for a team to depend on Hunter Thompson? He was quite the partier.