Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

10 hours ago, Aeggie said:

This is just ignorant. Penny was one of the biggest stars of his era just like Grant Hill and injuries shortened his career just like Grant Hill. Before that, he had a great NBA career which included a trip to the Finals. It just sounds stupid to say he never exceeded expectations like he was expected to be drafted 3rd overall out of high school. He wasn't. 

And Archie hasn't won a championship at the collegiate or NBA level either btw.

Never mind all that anyway because it could just as easily be Penny's personality that draws kids or something else. Who cares? I hope Lester chooses us, if he goes to Memphis or elsewhere I hope he does well but I don't care why and none of us will ever really know why anyway 

Best of luck to Lester wherever be goes. Wish him all the best. 

Trip to the finals=Shaq. 

52 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Is  Watford announcing this weekend? I took the Instagram post as just to film the announcement video and it would be released at a different time. I could’ve missed something.

I’m not entirely sure. I just know it’s soon

17 hours ago, bigrod said:

Does he have to give the money back? :)

Crazy irony in this question ... 

Boogie appears to have a very good chance to end up at Memphis. The Tigers are coached by Penny Hardaway -- aka, Butch McRae, who was homesick and hoped to leave Western U., but wanted to know should he do so, would his mother be able to keep the house the alumni bought her. Pete Bell simply said, "Son, you'd better get to practice."

Someone who appears to be a source on the Memphis board said that Watford is between LSU and Bama but considered a Bama lean. Also, said Memphis is in great shape with Hampton and Quinones is a lock to Memphis from everything they have heard.  As usual, take it for what it is worth but the appear to think Watford is out. I believe it is coming from one of the GoTigers247 guys. This is before the Boogie Ellis decommitment as well. 

33 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Someone who appears to be a source on the Memphis board said that Watford is between LSU and Bama but considered a Bama lean. Also, said Memphis is in great shape with Hampton and Quinones is a lock to Memphis from everything they have heard.  As usual, take it for what it is worth but the appear to think Watford is out. I believe it is coming from one of the GoTigers247 guys. This is before the Boogie Ellis decommitment as well. 

I have 0 expectation that Watford or Quinones sign with IU. Of course, I also have 0 sources other than what I read online. 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

I have 0 expectation that Watford or Quinones sign with IU. Of course, I also have 0 sources other than what I read online. 

Yep, sadly I think the same. It feels like Quinones wants to create some buzz for his decision so really propped up IU on social media. There's still a chance but it would help greatly if Ellis/Hampton jump at Memphis soon. Otherwise, we will be back at square 1 looking for shooting in the 2019 class. 

42 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Honestly, I lost interest in Watford some time back and I just don't see Quinones as being a make or break player.  Would he help?  Probably, but IMO he's simply not that big of a difference maker.

I completely agree.  The Watford saga has dragged on far too long and I never got the sense they were truly interested in considering us.  Frankly, it seems both players are most interested in self-promotion and their futures beyond college. 

I don’t mind kids having dreams or aspirations but it’s how it is presented that matters.

Most of us are not planning on being in the role or maybe even company we are at for the rest of our careers, so we are using the role and company we are currently at to leap frog us to bigger and better things.

That said though, we would be pretty dumb to continuously talk about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Disagree.

While both are good basketball players, we need to get the right players and those who truly want to be at IU. If that's either of them? Great. If it's not either of them? That's fine too.

Now ... if IU misses on both Leal and Galloway, then I'd be concerned; but I doubt we will.

You said it best...right players who want to be at IU. Just like the right players who wanted to be at Virginia and Texas Tech. 

You said it best...right players who want to be at IU. Just like the right players who wanted to be at Virginia and Texas Tech. 

Yes, this is where I am as well. “Springboard” players don’t work unless you have the most elite ones. Duke and UK.

Even Kansas has always seemed to have strong older players on there good teams.

I love the blue chippers but the ones that are only going to be selfish will hurt more than they will help. Up to staff to read that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Boogie Ellis and RJ Hampton are talking about teaming up at Memphis and it appears to be a strong possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
It seems like memphis has about 10 grants to give. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk