Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

100 CBB coaches were polled last year by CBS and asked who the cleanest coach in the sport was and Beilein received 26.4% of the vote, the most of any coach in the country. Just think of this year’s team: Charles Matthews-Transfer, Iggy Braz-mid 50’s recruit from Canada, Jordan Poole-93rd in country from WI, Jon Teske-142 in country, Zavier Simpson-67 in country. Two from Ohio, one from Wisconsin, one from Chicago, and one from Canada, I really don’t think he’s the guy to dish out cash to five star recruits. He’s able to sell them on outstanding player development, tremendous on court results, great school and great facilities; Beilein and Michigan are about as clean as they come in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I agree. Unfortunately, some are so cynical, they think if a program is successful, it automatically means they paying under the table. I'm not naive to say it doesn't happen or could be true, but many of them speak with such absolutism that it does happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping Archie is putting together here. As anything, more than one way to it. Go after the 5☆'s, but more importantly get guys that will get after it at both ends like Rob and Race(A☆'s). Class balance is vital with this approach. UVA,Nova,Wisky,PU,UM is proof that it can be successful 

Yep just like Duke does but not Coach K or UNC and Roy. The head coach never gets their hands dirty only their assistants and bag men. My recollection is one of Sampson’s assistants left for Michigan. One Tom Crean wasn’t  to fond of.

Coach K and Roy seem like absolutely POS scumbags who would fight their own mothers for a recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Coach K and Roy seem like absolutely POS scumbags who would fight their own mothers for a recruit.

I think it is the arrogance that they exude that bothers me the most. The “I can come in at any moment and get who I want” “this entire investigation into cab corruption is a joke and does not exist and it certainly doesn’t exist here at Duke” type comments are absurd and laughable.

They might be THE most guilty in this entire corruption issue

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think it is the arrogance that they exude that bothers me the most. The “I can come in at any moment and get who I want” “this entire investigation into cab corruption is a joke and does not exist and it certainly doesn’t exist here at Duke” type comments are absurd and laughable.

They might be THE most guilty in this entire corruption issue

Nailed it. Hypocrisy is the worst. Don't lecture me with your hand in the cookie jar, K. It's despicable. 

They are both old and rich, so even if they get punished (unlikely, I know) they 'got away with it'. All I can hope is their legacies are tarnished like they richly deserve. 

10 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Nailed it. Hypocrisy is the worst. Don't lecture me with your hand in the cookie jar, K. It's despicable. 

They are both old and rich, so even if they get punished (unlikely, I know) they 'got away with it'. All I can hope is their legacies are tarnished like they richly deserve. 

Yeah, like John Wooden's did.

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

See I almost feel bad for UofL. They are actually a pretty good, clean University. They just got sucked in by a ridiculously good coach like Pitino and wanted to badly believe him.

But Duke and UNC have probably been buying players for years and putting together fake classes and a bunch of other crap but because the NCAA needs their brand, they will never be touched.

It's an offense to anyone who is a logical thinker. All of these other programs are paying players to go to their school, but Duke reels in 3 of the top 5 players in the class just because they want to go to Duke and play for Coach K.

It's an offense to anyone who is a logical thinker. All of these other programs are paying players to go to their school, but Duke reels in 3 of the top 5 players in the class just because they want to go to Duke and play for Coach K.

With talk, IN COURT, that the families were being offered to be taken care of... but they chose to deny the money to play at Dook..

Well this thread dissolved quickly. Why? Because he UM is out? That’s why this went down this road?

I want him if he wants us. Lol.

It’s probably not realistic but I’m holding on a sliver of hope for Trendon and Les.

See I almost feel bad for UofL. They are actually a pretty good, clean University. They just got sucked in by a ridiculously good coach like Pitino and wanted to badly believe him.

But Duke and UNC have probably been buying players for years and putting together fake classes and a bunch of other crap but because the NCAA needs their brand, they will never be touched.

Duke is a very hard school yet nobody is ever ineligible or denied entrance on the bbal team.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So this was posted on a Memphis basketball forum, reads like it was first hand information:

Quinones loved his visit to Indiana and said they definitely moved up for him. loved the coaches, players, campus and how rabid they are about basketball there. players there made him know they want to play with him. will be an interesting decision. tells me there is definitely no Memphis lock even though if i was guessing now it's between us and Indiana. Lester said he's locked in to Indiana, LSU, Maryland, Memphis for his decision.

On Lester's twitter, 9 of the last 11 tweets have been IU related, with the other two not dealing with recruitment.  

Not getting my hopes up. We got in very late and we seem to finish 2nd an awful lot lately.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would be shocked if he went anywhere else besides Memphis

The fact that we're opening up offer issuance to many of our primary 2020 options makes me think we will have four, not three slots for 2020. 

Damezi better start getting up 500+ shots a day!