Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

So Michigan canceled his official visit, that leaves IU, Memphis, Maryland and LSU. 

He's from Long Island, he goes to school in Florida, and those four colleges are in different areas, none of them close to home. That suggests that proximity to home isn't a factor here. 

2 Big 10 schools, an SEC school, and an AAC school. That suggests conference affiliation isn't as important as it was for some of the recruits we've been after. Playing in the Big 10 doesn't sound like it's an issue for him.

He canceled his original visit but rescheduled and made it to campus. Often times a canceled visit never gets rescheduled. That was the first hurdle. Will he come? Good question. But all hope is not lost here, imo. 

Lester Quinones is on campus y'all. He's a top 100 guard whose current best skill is outside shooting, which we very much need. 
Pls. discuss.

i swung by Assembly Hall after lunch today... figured the cart was for him... ugly day outside but can't deny the beauty inside!!b6623493a2b5bb8e710d691504b34237.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anyone know how long he’ll be in Bloomington for? Hopefully the weather can clear up and make things a bit nicer. Im not sure who the presumed leader is of his recruitment or why many seem to be counting us out/treating this as a hopeless recruitment. He’d see a good amount of playing time as a freshman and possibly even start his sophomore year depending on his trajectory. We desperately need outside shooting and it looks like he could provide just that. We will see on May 10th!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So Michigan canceled his official visit, that leaves IU, Memphis, Maryland and LSU. 
He's from Long Island, he goes to school in Florida, and those four colleges are in different areas, none of them close to home. That suggests that proximity to home isn't a factor here. 
2 Big 10 schools, an SEC school, and an AAC school. That suggests conference affiliation isn't as important as it was for some of the recruits we've been after. Playing in the Big 10 doesn't sound like it's an issue for him.
He canceled his original visit but rescheduled and made it to campus. Often times a canceled visit never gets rescheduled. That was the first hurdle. Will he come? Good question. But all hope is not lost here, imo. 

A school with a coach caught on tape talking about paying recruits that needs players. An Under Armor school that has paid in the past and recruiting a kid from IMG (UA). A school with a flashy new coach that seems to be willing to roll in the mud.

If we land Quinones I’m not sure how to feel. I’ll be happy we landed a top 100 guard this late but will always wonder what it took. FWIW, I highly doubt we land him but wouldn’t be shocked he ends up playing in Btown with that UA school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Someone else said Michigan cancelled. Or did he?

I believe they cancelled his visit. I follow Michigan football recruiting and hear basketball recruiting on the same podcasts. He was like 4th on their wish list. Not sure why they cancelled but speculating they got good need on a higher priority. 

A school with a coach caught on tape talking about paying recruits that needs players. An Under Armor school that has paid in the past and recruiting a kid from IMG (UA). A school with a flashy new coach that seems to be willing to roll in the mud.

If we land Quinones I’m not sure how to feel. I’ll be happy we landed a top 100 guard this late but will always wonder what it took. FWIW, I highly doubt we land him but wouldn’t be shocked he ends up playing in Btown with that UA school.

Truth. Not sure I even care if he is committed to playing and winning at Indiana.