Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Give hopes a rest.    This kid will not make or break anything.  He's a player.  There are other players.   Lester Quinones is JAG (just a guy).  Kids saying yes should not fire anyone up.  Trayce Jackson Davis is a very good player.  Arman Franklin is a good player who will get better and will help immediately.  Jerome Hunter is a very good player who will surprise a lot of people.  Lester Quinones is....just a player.  A kid who will be in the rotation, but not any kind of difference maker.   Good if he comes, just fine if he doesn't.

if he's "just a player", then he's a JAP also, correct? so, he's a JAP JAG or JAG JAP...

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol unlike Gradman I do celebrate things when they go well. Those are just few and far between so I don't blame you guys on missing them. 

The concept of shut up and let it play out is flawed on a number of levels. And also how we endured 9 years of Crean. 

So....if we talk about it that actually changes anything?

I'm pretty sure no recruit has ever come to Indiana based on what brumdog44 or Brass Cannon had to say.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

WayneFleek over here trying to keep to myself. Wait and watch approach to this whole quandary.

Maybe what’s actually good for IUBB isn’t winning at recruiting. Although, I have my doubts because Coach K and Calipari have resorted to getting the best each year at all costs, and they win quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure we have any fake classes to offer, though.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So....if we talk about it that actually changes anything?

I'm pretty sure no recruit has ever come to Indiana based on what brumdog44 or Brass Cannon had to say.

I’m pretty sure fan disatisfaction is the only thing that does change anything. 

Crean couldn’t coach 9 years when did he get let go. When the fans demanded it. When did Wilson get fired. When he was abusing players or when the fans got upset he was abusing players. 

When did Wilson get fired. When he was abusing players or when the fans got upset he was abusing players. 

Not true with Knight. Even with the evidence of player abuse, the vast majority of the fan base were upset he was fired. Fans will turn a blind eye if a program is winning.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Crean couldn’t coach 9 years when did he get let go. When the fans demanded it. When did Wilson get fired. When he was abusing players or when the fans got upset he was abusing players. 

Wilson didn't get fired when 'the fans got upset he was abusing players'.  Most of us had no idea it was going on.  That's incredibly revisionist.  And I guarantee you that fans are more dissatisfied with Tom Allen's results than they ever were with Wilson's.

And fans were demanding Crean be let go long before he was.  Same with Mike Davis.

Anyone hearing any updates on the Quinones visit today? I thought i heard that CAM was out and about looking at other recruits. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

At the Hypr and SRSC. Hear we have some diamonds in the rough around them parts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Give hopes a rest.    This kid will not make or break anything.  He's a player.  There are other players.   Lester Quinones is JAG (just a guy).  Kids saying yes should not fire anyone up.  Trayce Jackson Davis is a very good player.  Arman Franklin is a good player who will get better and will help immediately.  Jerome Hunter is a very good player who will surprise a lot of people.  Lester Quinones is....just a player.  A kid who will be in the rotation, but not any kind of difference maker.   Good if he comes, just fine if he doesn't.

Quinones is "just a player", but Franklin "will help immediately" and Hunter "will surprise a lot of people." One of those is a less accomplished recruit and the other isn't even cleared to play. 

13 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Quinones is "just a player", but Franklin "will help immediately" and Hunter "will surprise a lot of people." One of those is a less accomplished recruit and the other isn't even cleared to play. 

Absolutely.   What's your point?

Let me guess....you've never seen any of them play (I have); and you're doing nothing other than what you always do, which is to be critical.   Real easy to be critical when nothing will be seen or known for sure for 8 months, and by then people will forget about the idiotic trolling.   What's your point?

Franklin less accomplished?   How, exactly?   Because of his ranking?   Surely you're smart enough to know how meaningless those are outside the top 5 or so?   Or maybe not.   I saw him score an easy 30 against Lawrence North in LN's building in the sectional 8 weeks ago, and LN has at least two D1 players, and maybe 3.   You can have your self important IMG kid.   But....let's see if you have the sack to come back here next season when I'm right.   Why am I doubtful?

**Edit  : Your last post quoting me was a very pompous correcting of spelling of a kid's name, so forgive me if I don't take you very seriously.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Move this fans have or don’t have the power to fire a coach talk elsewhere please. It has 0 to do with Lester

Have you seen the Anthony Harris thread? ... That's devolved into a Archie vs. Holtmann thread. ... And here's the ironic thing about that: I truly feel had we not hired Archie, OSU would have. ... But I guess that thread's gotta be about something: Harris didn't pick us. 

2 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Anyone hearing any updates on the Quinones visit today? I thought i heard that CAM was out and about looking at other recruits. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

Is Bruiser Flint the primary recruiter with Quinones?  I suppose with Flint's connection to IMG's coach he might be showing Lester around, but one of the things Quinones was quoted as saying is that he was really looking forward to sitting down face-to-face with Coach Miller.  I thought his visit started today.

I like what I hear about this kid's work ethic.  Based on the two interviews I heard with him (one was the video Stuhoo posted here which was enlightening) he seems like a smart and humble kid driven to get better by putting in the work....no days off.

1 hour ago, ray said:

Is Bruiser Flint the primary recruiter with Quinones?  I suppose with Flint's connection to IMG's coach he might be showing Lester around, but one of the things Quinones was quoted as saying is that he was really looking forward to sitting down face-to-face with Coach Miller.  I thought his visit started today.

I like what I hear about this kid's work ethic.  Based on the two interviews I heard with him (one was the video Stuhoo posted here which was enlightening) he seems like a smart and humble kid driven to get better by putting in the work....no days off.

Yes, he does.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Absolutely.   What's your point?

Let me guess....you've never seen any of them play (I have); and you're doing nothing other than what you always do, which is to be critical.   Real easy to be critical when nothing will be seen or known for sure for 8 months, and by then people will forget about the idiotic trolling.   What's your point?

Franklin less accomplished?   How, exactly?   Because of his ranking?   Surely you're smart enough to know how meaningless those are outside the top 5 or so?   Or maybe not.   I saw him score an easy 30 against Lawrence North in LN's building in the sectional 8 weeks ago, and LN has at least two D1 players, and maybe 3.   You can have your self important IMG kid.   But....let's see if you have the sack to come back here next season when I'm right.   Why am I doubtful?

**Edit  : Your last post quoting me was a very pompous correcting of spelling of a kid's name, so forgive me if I don't take you very seriously.

Incredible self awareness. Ripping me for being uninformed (you don't know me), and yet you're so easy to dismiss Quinones simply based on where he goes to school (a program that churns out great players in many different sports, by the way). And by the way, that "pompous response" was in response to you ripping a current IU player when you didn't have all the facts of that player's situation. That was you being...critical, which apparently is also a fault of mine.

I am a big TJD and Franklin fan; I think they will both have varying degrees of impact next season. However, it seems ignorant in my mind to dismiss our last remaining 2019 target, whose best skill is a huge area of need for our team next year.

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

TJD trying to recruit him as well.

Gotta give TJD credit, he’s working hard on the recruiting trail.

Yes indeed, unfortunately though without much success so far.