Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

After re-reading Quinones’s post, it is entirely possible to me that he was expressing two separate thoughts; ie “this guy is a clown” and “he’s a clown because everyone knows this is a great fan base.”

It is a given to me that words can be read with multiple meanings; that’s why professional emails are often misinterpreted but phone calls rarely are. The meaning of written words can be especially inexact when they are issued by an 18 year old.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

After re-reading Quinones’s post, it is entirely possible to me that he was expressing two separate thoughts; ie “this guy is a clown” and “he’s a clown because everyone knows this is a great fan base.”

It is a given to me that words can be read with multiple meanings; that’s why professional emails are often misinterpreted but phone calls rarely are. The meaning of written words can be especially inexact when they are issued by an 18 year old.

That'a a nice spin but he also took down the photo of him in an Indiana jersey that was posted yesterday. I don't think there is any positive connotation in what he said.

15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That'a a nice spin but he also took down the photo of him in an Indiana jersey that was posted yesterday. I don't think there is any positive connotation in what he said.

The other interpretation is that he’s about to commit to somewhere else! Lol

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The other interpretation is that he’s about to commit to somewhere else! Lol

True! But it would be weird to lie about a family emergency if he was just committing somewhere else. "I canceled the visit because I made my decision" is easy enough to say.

I think he's probably under some stress/worry from whatever the family emergency is and the comment from this random asshat on twitter set him off. I can't say I blame him. I might not react too differently in his shoes.

31 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

True! But it would be weird to lie about a family emergency if he was just committing somewhere else. "I canceled the visit because I made my decision" is easy enough to say.

I think he's probably under some stress/worry from whatever the family emergency is and the comment from this random asshat on twitter set him off. I can't say I blame him. I might not react too differently in his shoes.

Good point but these are 17-18 year old kids and they don't always use the best judgement or think through what they are posting on social media. I think there are a number of scenarios that could be playing out and although this might be factual I am always a little skeptical. 

24 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Good riddance.  Indiana doesn't need (as Dakich said today and worded it well) an attention seeking "me" guy.

Give me winners.  Give me people who can play the game and are tough as hell.  Thicker skin than some dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter.   Good Lord.  

We should dump the entire recruiting class with this logic then.

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Laughable.   No.  Show me the comparisons.   

Neither TJD nor Franklin won state championships nor Peach Jam for their respective high school/EYBL teams. Both of them have posted multiple edits or pictures on Twitter and Instagram in an effort to attract likes from the IU fanbase.

15 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Neither TJD nor Franklin won state championships nor Peach Jam for their respective high school/EYBL teams. Both of them have posted multiple edits or pictures on Twitter and Instagram in an effort to attract likes from the IU fanbase.

Yet, TJD announced quietly via twitter without any tv or media frenzy.  This hype so many players look for in their announcement makes me appreciate TJD's approach and maturity even more.

20 minutes ago, ray said:

Yet, TJD announced quietly via twitter without any tv or media frenzy.  This hype so many players look for in their announcement makes me appreciate TJD's approach and maturity even more.

Are we not all up in arms about a recruit's tweet? So how exactly was TJD's twitter announcement "quiet"? It got thousands of likes and replies as I recall.

Edit: Response to "Confused" emoji: LQ is some "dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter". TJD "announced quietly via twitter". Can you see how that doesn't add up? 

Are we not all up in arms about a recruit's tweet? So how exactly was TJD's twitter announcement "quiet"? It got thousands of likes and replies as I recall.
Edit: Response to "Confused" emoji: LQ is some "dude addicted to the attention he gets on Twitter". TJD "announced quietly via twitter". Can you see how that doesn't add up? 
Did you not see the initial tweet? Initial response to a response I suppose?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

What is the problem with some IU fans and twitter? Some knucklehead gets in a twitter fight with Keion Brooks' mother? Another idiot goes after Lester Quinones because he needs to reschedule his official visit? Outside of Indiana (and probably inside of the state), Indiana fans have a reputation of being uncivil and out-of-control. I regret to say that lately it seems deserved. If it hasn't hurt recruiting yet, it will. Let's get it together guys!

Edited by Honkyman

Gotta feeling we’re gonna be seeing this kid in Assembly Hall next year....in a Michigan uniform. I think the announcement of Iggy, Poole, and Matthews declaring for the draft (and hiring an agent) and Quinones cancelling his IU visit isn’t just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Gotta feeling we’re gonna be seeing this kid in Assembly Hall next year....in a Michigan uniform. I think the announcement of Iggy, Poole, and Matthews declaring for the draft (and hiring an agent) and Quinones cancelling his IU visit isn’t just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What a co-inky-dink huh