Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Illinois Game Thread- 3/7 - 8:00pm - FS1

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

It's been 12-plus hours, but I'm still trying to figure where the hell that came from last night (not that I'm complaining).

I knew it had been a while, but did't realize it had been THAT much of a while: That was our first double-digit win since Dec. 22 (Jacksonville.). Our biggest B1G win had been the first Illinois game (eight points -- Jan. 3). 

I think it was the same effort we have had 3 straight games. Just a much weaker opponent. 

58 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I loved that Archie kept DD in after the technical and instead used it as a teaching moment. I don't see any reason why DD doesn't come back next year. He seems to be on the mend from his injuries and his minutes and offensive usage continue to increase.

It's been almost 20 years since a B1G team has won a national title and watching how things are officiated in the conference I can see why. You don't see the things that were allowed last night in the NCAAT. The physical/grind it out style doesn't play well in the NCAAT. Give Archie a lot of credit for taking away all of Illinois strengths (turning other teams over and getting to the FT line). 

I don't understand why they don't clean it up. We can't be the only ones that notice.

3 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

I don't understand why they don't clean it up. We can't be the only ones that notice.

As I touched on earlier because of coaches like Painter, Izzo, Gard. They go to Delaney and complain,  their on committees of the conference on how the game should be officiated. They decide that stuff. Painter doesn't care about an NCAA Championship, he cares about winning a Big Ten title. Just what I have read and been told when I asked the same questions. When the game is called correctly like in the NCAA tourney, Big Ten teams are usually in foul trouble. We are one of the few conferences who play tackle basketball.

As I touched on earlier because of coaches like Painter, Izzo, Gard. They go to Delaney and complain,  their on committees of the conference on how the game should be officiated. They decide that stuff. Painter doesn't care about an NCAA Championship, he cares about winning a Big Ten title. Just what I have read and been told when I asked the same questions. When the game is called correctly like in the NCAA tourney, Big Ten teams are usually in foul trouble. We are one of the few conferences who play tackle basketball.

This is interesting. Who would be the beneficiaries of tackle basketball?

MSU, Wiscy, pu, Penn State, and Ill come to mind.

Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland typically would play a different style

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Where are you guys sitting? I will be down on the baseline by the IU bench. Fun day man. I always enjoy Senior Day. I am excited for Juwan. Few have went through this much crap in a four year career.

We will be in section M of the lower level. It’s not either of our first game, but is both our first senior nights. Should be a great time. Hopefully it’s rocking since it’s essentially a March madness play in game.

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

yea, it only hurts our teams when they get in the NCAA. just doesn't make sense, not the way basketball is supposed to be played.

And I'm sure the reason some kids don't want to play in the league.

5 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

yea, it only hurts our teams when they get in the NCAA. just doesn't make sense, not the way basketball is supposed to be played.

And I'm sure the reason some kids don't want to play in the league.

Agree 100%

Although we gave up more points than Achie would like, I love watching this team starting to understand this system. It's a thing of beauty. We tend to get beat on the hockey assist when teams are moving the ball. Points in the paint are becoming hard to come by for the opposition though. This is Rob's team, and I believe Archie told him so. Clear out for your freshman pg(100th ranked). 

Still thought Romeo had a good game. 

Anyone read The Athletic? Really cool article there giving some behind-the-scenes insight of Archie. Went through the whole game and focused on his reactions/coaching. I think you can read it for free with the app. Your first 7 days are free, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone read The Athletic? Really cool article there giving some behind-the-scenes insight of Archie. Went through the whole game and focused on his reactions/coaching. I think you can read it for free with the app. Your first 7 days are free, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
[/https://theathletic.com/856724/2019/03/08/on-archie-miller-a-courtside-view-of-a-coach-with-new-hope/