Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Illinois Game Thread- 3/7 - 8:00pm - FS1

I posted it during the game but Davis’ tech changed the whistle in the second half. It got a little chippy and the refs could no longer ignore IU getting bodied on every drive. It drives me bananas how the officiating is in the Big Ten. It almost as if the Big Ten officials know how teams play, sometimes they allow it and sometimes they call it. It’s just weird and, in my opinion, really takes away from the brand the Big Ten could be.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Box score on ESPN app listed two techs for IU and none for Illinois. That’s a mistake, right? If not, who got the second one for IU because I must’ve missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Box score on ESPN app listed two techs for IU and none for Illinois. That’s a mistake, right? If not, who got the second one for IU because I must’ve missed it.

I don’t remember Ill shooting a second tech. Their big had a flagrant for the hook and hold after Davis picked up the tech.

Rutgers game would be an awesome one to see from the Hall. Never thought I’d be desperate to see Indiana play Rutgers. Hope it’s a sellout and it’s jacked. Rutgers can play man. Gio is really good. I somewhat understand people being worried about this game tonight with the kind of half-@$$ rivalry, and the fact that it was something of a trap game. But, Sunday’s game is the one that should really give you fits. They match up so evenly. It’s going to be a good one. Crowd energy needs to pull out everything.

Yep, wasn’t gonna go but with the win tonight I’m deciding to drive down. Should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He needs to be selective.  If you just tell him to let it fly he'll put up crap that makes you want to strangle him.

If we have a heat check guy on the team, it's probably Green. Not saying I want him to become a volume shooter, but he's shown the ability to hit 3s off the bounce and on step backs. When he's in rhythm, he's a good shooter, and I don't really have an issue with 3s early in the shot clock. I'd much rather have him shooting 3s early than Romeo, but Romeo takes a lot more questionable outside shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgers game would be an awesome one to see from the Hall. Never thought I’d be desperate to see Indiana play Rutgers. Hope it’s a sellout and it’s jacked. Rutgers can play man. Gio is really good. I somewhat understand people being worried about this game tonight with the kind of half-@$$ rivalry, and the fact that it was something of a trap game. But, Sunday’s game is the one that should really give you fits. They match up so evenly. It’s going to be a good one. Crowd energy needs to pull out everything.

KBhoosiers and I will be there doing our part haha.

Side note : I’ve never seen an Indiana loss in person soooo here’s to hoping that doesn’t change.

Side note : if it happens, I will fully put the blame on KBhoosiers and never allow him to attend another IU game with me hahaha

IU looked incredible on offense last night. Really impressive. Poised, smart. Defense was pretty good too, although I thought there were a few phantom And1s that the refs gave UI.

Liked Deron’s fire last night telling the UI player “Don’t elbow me” or whatever he said.

Glad we didn’t force it with Romeo. Not sure he’s the best guy with the ball against a high pressure defense. Rob clearly is.

We made some cuts to the hoop w/o the ball which was cool to see.

Basically, the team looked like it had been coached and they had listened.

Impressive win.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I posted it during the game but Davis’ tech changed the whistle in the second half. It got a little chippy and the refs could no longer ignore IU getting bodied on every drive. It drives me bananas how the officiating is in the Big Ten. It almost as if the Big Ten officials know how teams play, sometimes they allow it and sometimes they call it. It’s just weird and, in my opinion, really takes away from the brand the Big Ten could be.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If it is MSU or Purdue it's not going to be called. The officials don't want to deal with Izzo or Painter. Totally agree the T changed how it was called. They had to get it under control and all of the grabs, holds, and hand checks started to get called. 

Phinisee is a freshman but not playing like one.  It's going to be great having him another 3 years.

Illinois tried to press and Rob had no issues whatsoever breaking it.  Always under control and head up.  He's that floor general we've been missing.  I also like when he looks to score.  He's not out to "get his" but his IQ is there to take an opening when it's there. 

Just all around impressed with his play and leadership on the floor.

KBhoosiers and I will be there doing our part haha.

Side note : I’ve never seen an Indiana loss in person soooo here’s to hoping that doesn’t change.

Side note : if it happens, I will fully put the blame on KBhoosiers and never allow him to attend another IU game with me hahaha

Where are you guys sitting? I will be down on the baseline by the IU bench. Fun day man. I always enjoy Senior Day. I am excited for Juwan. Few have went through this much crap in a four year career.

If it is MSU or Purdue it's not going to be called. The officials don't want to deal with Izzo or Painter. Totally agree the T changed how it was called. They had to get it under control and all of the grabs, holds, and hand checks started to get called. 

Ditto for Wiscy and Bo Ryan to Gard

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IU looked incredible on offense last night. Really impressive. Poised, smart. Defense was pretty good too, although I thought there were a few phantom And1s that the refs gave UI.

Liked Deron’s fire last night telling the UI player “Don’t elbow me” or whatever he said.

Glad we didn’t force it with Romeo. Not sure he’s the best guy with the ball against a high pressure defense. Rob clearly is.

We made some cuts to the hoop w/o the ball which was cool to see.

Basically, the team looked like it had been coached and they had listened.

Impressive win.

They took advantage of the pressure defense and Phin made some great decisions in the pick and roll. I wish Davis would have gone up strong on some of those but we won.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It's been 12-plus hours, but I'm still trying to figure where the hell that came from last night (not that I'm complaining).

I knew it had been a while, but did't realize it had been THAT much of a while: That was our first double-digit win since Dec. 22 (Jacksonville.). Our biggest B1G win had been the first Illinois game (eight points -- Jan. 3).