Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Illinois Game Thread- 3/7 - 8:00pm - FS1

I think it’s really going to come down to taking care of the ball and making them shoot a low percentage from 3. Well also need to rebound. These are all effort things though so if the effort is there we have a chance.

A few weeks ago I thought we’d struggle with this game as Ill had been playing really well and we were floundering. We have a chance and I’d like to see the team close out the regular season on a high note.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

37 minutes ago, schoosier said:

We know they’re bringing pressure, so let’s see how we play. Getting some decent calls early against it would be nice. Hope we shoot well and let’s kick some @$$.

Hopefully Delaney is scheming to get as many teams in as possible and we get some friendly whistles

23 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I’m hopeful, but still not confident. Life is always tough on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure it's possible to be confident in this team given the offensive struggles. This has all the ingredients for a very ugly game.

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

And have a comfortable lead in the closing minutes please. I don’t want to see some dude drain a fading away off balance 3 on us again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Coming off a screen with a hand in his face.  Great, now I'm ticked again.

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

We are playing for a spot in the tourney, I couldn't care less how Illinois views it.  We better show up ready to play.

Yes, we better show up ready to play every game. However, that wasn't my point. I am confident Illinois will be ready to play. So regardless, I expect it to be a tough game.

8 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yes, we better show up ready to play every game. However, that wasn't my point. I am confident Illinois will be ready to play. So regardless, I expect it to be a tough game.

No I perfectly well understood your point, Illinois is going to come ready to play because they view this game as their super bowl (or insert favorite cliche). 

But we are playing for a spot in the tourney and they are not, so we better come more ready to play than they are.  I guess I don't understand the necessity of pointing out the Illini's readiness if you expect IU to be equally or more ready to play.

I have a feeling this discussion isn't going to go anywhere as we both have a defensible point of view, so I will leave it at that.

No I perfectly well understood your point, Illinois is going to come ready to play because they view this game as their super bowl (or insert favorite cliche). 
But we are playing for a spot in the tourney and they are not, so we better come more ready to play than they are.  I guess I don't understand the necessity of pointing out the Illini's readiness if you expect IU to be equally or more ready to play.
I have a feeling this discussion isn't going to go anywhere as we both have a defensible point of view, so I will leave it at that.

One would hope IU is ready to play but I’ve seen too much sleep walking this season to automatically believe they will. Ill hasn’t always executed but they play hard. I’m not sure I’ve seen them just going through the motions this season.

I like our chances if we stay connected, both as a team and the score. However, I think we’ll need a solid lead down the stretch to endure any crazy shots or the Big Ten affect.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app