Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Illinois Game Thread- 3/7 - 8:00pm - FS1

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We went up five spots and Ken Pom.  Hopeful to see a similar jump in net

Kenpom also shows Penn State, 13-17 record,  at 41 one higher than Indiana (42). IDK, that just doesn't look right.  

Worried about tonight because it was on the road. Just looked and Vegas had Illinois as 2 point favorites.  Agree that Rutgers is far from a pushover as they have several guys playing well.

Good point. I still though, believe Rutgers to be pretty huge step up in talent from Illinois. So glad this is a home game. I might be over thinking it, but watched their game vs. Iowa and Rut looked like they could give Indiana some trouble with their size and play making ability. Then again, I see Iowa has layed down since then.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good point. I still though, believe Rutgers to be pretty huge step up in talent from Illinois. So glad this is a home game. I might be over thinking it, but watched their game vs. Iowa and Rut looked like they could give Indiana some trouble with their size and play making ability. Then again, I see Iowa has layed down since then.

It’s the Iowa late season slide. I’d love to see them in the BTT but we won’t be on that side of the bracket. Rutgers could definitely give us trouble with their size. Having a healthy Davis playing well should help negate that size somewhat. We need to limits turnovers and keep Harper Jr. and Baker in check.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s the Iowa late season slide. I’d love to see them in the BTT but we won’t be on that side of the bracket. Rutgers could definitely give us trouble with their size. Having a healthy Davis playing well should help negate that size somewhat. We need to limits turnovers and keep Harper Jr. and Baker in check.

Hoping Rob and Devonte can take one or both out of the conversation. As I remember it, that was one of the losses where someone unexpected did serious damage. Also, I don’t know the answer to this so I’ll ask. Wasn’t IU without both Green and Davis in that game? I could be wrong but I think that was part of Green’s suspension. I also remember Anderson playing big, big minutes. Ok, ok, I’m feeling better. Have at em!

Edit: By “big minutes” I don’t mean from a scoring standpoint. I mean, Hewwway too many.

Hoping Rob and Devonte can take one or both out of the conversation. As I remember it, that was one of the losses where someone unexpected did serious damage. Also, I don’t know the answer to this so I’ll ask. Wasn’t IU without both Green and Davis in that game? I could be wrong but I think that was part of Green’s suspension. I also remember Anderson playing big, big minutes. Ok, ok, I’m feeling better. Have at em!

Yes, neither Green nor Davis played in that game. Phin struggled in that game with 3 assists and 3 TOs. Anderson played 22 minutes and I believe Morgan was in early foul trouble too.

12 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Wasn’t IU without both Green and Davis in that game? I could be wrong but I think that was part of Green’s suspension. I also remember Anderson playing big, big minutes. Ok, ok, I’m feeling better.

At Rutgers we shot 35%.

allowed them to go on a shocking 22-0 run

IU had a total of 7 assists

Rob 1-5 was still in a fog

Green and Davis did not play while Damezi played 22 minutes.

I don’t see any of the above happening Sunday.

Ha! If we could have events I'd call in sick. I've made bank the last 4 weekends there on tips. I donate some back for the kids because it's what we do as Shriners, but still....

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app

Hello brother traveler

Wow that was a fun game to watch. I was saying earlier this team could beat anyone in the country but also lose to anyone. A big win against the Rut would help the confidence a bit on Sunday although I do still think if this team gets to the tourney... watch out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

It’s about efficiency. I think they have a ton of close losses.

I think it’s about improving Wisconsin’s rating...Wiscy beat Penn st twice, the higher they are the more it boosts their rating. KenPom is a Wiscy homer - and their ratings in his system are always suspiciously high!