Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Keion Brooks Jr - Decision Date (3/15)

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

kids choose out of state schools all the time from their HS's.

hope that's not the case.

I agree, but an Indiana kid choosing Kentucky, a hated rival from a boarding state...a little different than Johnny from Iowa choosing standford. IMO, whether it is open to the public may be telling. 

12 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I agree, but an Indiana kid choosing Kentucky, a hated rival from a boarding state...a little different than Johnny from Iowa choosing standford. IMO, whether it is open to the public may be telling. 

La Porte is a border town on the edge of the state. The folks up there can identify as much with IL or MI as they do with IN. Or, they can identify with more than one. So just because he's from IN, he may not be all that concerned with what IN folks think.

Just now, Irish YJ said:

La Porte is a border town on the edge of the state. The folks up there can identify as much with IL or MI as they do with IN. Or, they can identify with more than one. So just because he's from IN, he may not be all that concerned with what IN folks think.

He’s announcing in Ft. Wayne

He is from Fort Wayne and announcing in Fort Wayne. He has lived in LaPorte just for this school year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

He’s announcing in Ft. Wayne

I know. But he goes to a prep in La Porte, where kids from all over go. La Porte is a border town, and La Lumiere is full of kids from N Indiana, Michigan, and IL (and all over). Brian Bowen went there, who attended Louisville. Jaren Jackson went there, who attended Michigan St. Stewart (same class) is going to Washington. Just saying it's similar to IMG where kids don't always have loyalty to in state schools. It's a BBall factory prep.

2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I know. But he goes to a prep in La Porte, where kids from all over go. La Porte is a border town, and La Lumiere is full of kids from N Indiana, Michigan, and IL (and all over). Brian Bowen went there, who attended Louisville. Jaren Jackson went there, who attended Michigan St. Stewart (same class) is going to Washington. Just saying it's similar to IMG where kids don't always have loyalty to in state schools. It's a BBall factory prep.

Ummm, Brian Bowen never played a college game in his life.

UK has what, 3-4 forwards coming in, all highly talented..? Didn’t Brooks say he wants to go somewhere that not only wants him but needs him?

Seems to me that there isn’t any reason IU fans should think we still aren’t the favorite here..🤷🏻‍♂️IU in a good spot here imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

UK has what, 3-4 forwards coming in, all highly talented..? Didn’t Brooks say he wants to go somewhere that not only wants him but needs him?

Seems to me that there isn’t any reason IU fans should think we still aren’t the favorite here..🤷🏻‍♂️IU in a good spot here imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I feel IU is in a good spot but I never feel comfortable when puke is involved.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app