Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Question. I saw the tweet that was a “ We want—- Dawson” chant. Sent to Dawson.

Kind of cool but also kind of odd and maybe over the top.

Anyway, what would make this a recruiting violation? Could it be ever?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the twitter account was from the university it probably could be a secondary violation if I had to guess but from a fan account no violation.
While I would say it’s over the top, the hysterics guys have been doing it for awhile with him. During his official the family got a kick out of the social media stuff. Not my cup of tea though

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

I’m not looking to spread any rumors, just wondering if anyone closer to Bloomington has heard this...please know this is at least second-hand information, but has anyone heard Knight might make a return at the OSU game?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can't confirm nor deny, but that would be the game he'd be back for. 

My wife just brought up buying me tickets to Ohio st game but I am not sure I want to spend the money. If I go knight wont show and iu maybe will lose. If I stay home knight will show and iu will win buy 20. What u guys think I should do?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

My wife just brought up buying me tickets to Ohio st game but I am not sure I want to spend the money. If I go knight wont show and iu maybe will lose. If I stay home knight will show and iu will win buy 20. What u guys think I should do?

Let me know if you don’t go, I’ll buy some tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Take one for the team, stay home.

4 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

I met Gene at a charity golf event.  He was so kind to everyone, just a really good person.  He was very humble and laid back.  I remember thinking how he could show such fire on the bench and actually be this sweetheart of a man.  Gene and Bob look great in that picture too.

Have never heard anything but great stuff about him. And, yeah, when he would scowl at something a ref said, wave him off and cut loose with his trademark “Oh Bulls**t!”,  it did kind of fly in the face of everything you always heard about him. And, it was fantastic, 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:06 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Posted today by Coach Keady with the caption:  What do you do on a beautiful day in Indiana? Take a drive to Bloomington to see my dear friend, Bob (Knight). We had a great afternoon reminiscing and laughing!

May be an image of 2 people, people sitting and indoor

Bob looks good in this photo.  Like it.

I rode back next to Gene and his wife with their little dog from Indy to CLT about 18 months ago.  They were really pleasant I didn't talk basketball at all.  The dog was acting up on his wife's lap and he turns to me and rolls his eyes.  Funny.

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That’s my childhood right there.  Loved one guy and hated the other growing up.  Now nothing but respect for both.  Sure do miss those times of them together on the court though, damn they were fun!!

Good to see coach looking well.