Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Having watched my father-in-law and my mother battle dementia, I suspect some of the bad memories are simply fading away and as they fade, the animosity he's exhibited is also fading.  It is a painful process to watch someone slowly withdraw into their own private little world.

Totally agree. The one pic i saw of coach knight sitting at the press box showed real emotion on his face and you never see that from him. Coach knight will not want a big show put on if he decides to attend a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, scoot said:

Totally agree. The one pic i saw of coach knight sitting at the press box showed real emotion on his face and you never see that from him. Coach knight will not want a big show put on if he decides to attend a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

I just looked up that picture.  I see what you see.

18 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Dan Patrick said this morning he was told Knight may be moving to Bloomington. I think during the 19-20 season Bob Knight will attend a game in Assembly Hall. 

I heard that as well. I usually listen to the show as I'm walking my dog in the morning. Right before a commercial break, Patrick said a source told him Knight was planning to move back to Bloomington. I got the impression that Patrick was planning to come back to that topic, but he never did. 

Both the university and athletic department have tried to bury the hatchet for years... but Knight has always rebuffed the attempts at reconciliation by being an @$$. I hate what dementia and Alzheimer's disease do to a person, but all of the hate has been on Knight's side. He has been invited back multiple times for a chance for the university and athletic department to honor him and bestow love/praise/honor on him, but he's carried too large of a grudge to allow that to happen.
Glad to see that, for whatever reason, he is showing signs of being willing... but don't attempt to spin this any way except that it's been on him.
Great post. The past ten or so years is all on Knight

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Both the university and athletic department have tried to bury the hatchet for years... but Knight has always rebuffed the attempts at reconciliation by being an @$$. I hate what dementia and Alzheimer's disease do to a person, but all of the hate has been on Knight's side. He has been invited back multiple times for a chance for the university and athletic department to honor him and bestow love/praise/honor on him, but he's carried too large of a grudge to allow that to happen.

Glad to see that, for whatever reason, he is showing signs of being willing... but don't attempt to spin this any way except that it's been on him.

Sorry but I don’t see any spin on my post. If you don’t think there’s any vitriol on both sides, just pull up any topic related to him on BTown. I just want this curse exorcised.

Sorry but I don’t see any spin on my post. If you don’t think there’s any vitriol on both sides, just pull up any topic related to him on BTown. I just want this curse exorcised.
Most fans, the University and the Athletic Department were willing to bury the hatchet and wanted him back numerous times. Knight continued to refuse and hold a grudge. Because of that, you are correct that a lot of fans either have the vitriol you speak of or are like me and don't really care if he comes back anymore. It wasn't the fans' fault he was fired. Knight is one of the main reasons I became an IU fan as a 9 yr old in 74, but I really don't care if he comes back or not.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Dan Patrick said this morning he was told Knight may be moving to Bloomington. I think during the 19-20 season Bob Knight will attend a game in Assembly Hall. 

That would be incredible! I hope they build him a nice big statue in front of Assembly Hall. I wasn't old enough to watch him coach at IU, but he's responsible for the program I love being what it is today. The best college coach ever, imo. 

12 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Most fans, the University and the Athletic Department were willing to bury the hatchet and wanted him back numerous times. Knight continued to refuse and hold a grudge. Because of that, you are correct that a lot of fans either have the vitriol you speak of or are like me and don't really care if he comes back anymore. It wasn't the fans' fault he was fired. Knight is one of the main reasons I became an IU fan as a 9 yr old in 74, but I really don't care if he comes back or not.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you or any other posters don’t care; why are you posting on this topic? I post about wanting him back and another poster says I’m trying to spin it lol. I’m convinced the curse is real, so maybe him coming back to IU even for baseball; will lift it. I just hope we get to honor him the way it should be.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm just curious-where do you all rank Knight (no IU bias) as far as college basketball coaches of all time?

I remember seeing something years ago that said all things equal -- as far as one guy taking five players and beating another guy's five players -- there were none better than Bob Knight and Al McGuire. 

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you or any other posters don’t care; why are you posting on this topic? I post about wanting him back and another poster says I’m trying to spin it lol. I’m convinced the curse is real, so maybe him coming back to IU even for baseball; will lift it. I just hope we get to honor him the way it should be.

I think it’s because you said we needed to bury the hatchet. They care but they aren’t mad at Knight. Nobody is. They just recognized it was time for a change. Then Knight went full on FU to IU for the last 20 years. It isn’t really the fans that have to bury a hatchet. If he comes back to an IU game cool. If he doesn’t cool. I don’t necessarily care if he does or doesn’t. Really doesn’t change anything that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm just curious-where do you all rank Knight (no IU bias) as far as college basketball coaches of all time?

3-0 in National Championship games and his players were students first and never bought and paid for. Wooden had Sam Gilbert and Coach K had Nike and jewelry loans. UNC had paper classes so that takes Coca Cola Roy and Dean out of the equation. If you had one game to win, Knight is #1 with a bullet. 2nd on my list is Everett Case. Not for his wins and championships even though he had many, but he’s responsible for Tobacco Road b-ball, the ACC tourney and March Madness, as well as cutting down the nets. This Hoosier stole that tradition from IN high school b-ball, but his innovation can be directly linked to why college b-ball has become so popular and great. Without him the Tar Heel State would still consider football #1.

I think it’s because you said we needed to bury the hatchet. They care but they aren’t mad at Knight. Nobody is. They just recognized it was time for a change. Then Knight went full on FU to IU for the last 20 years. It isn’t really the fans that have to bury a hatchet. If he comes back to an IU game cool. If he doesn’t cool. I don’t necessarily care if he does or doesn’t. Really doesn’t change anything that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This . It doesn't mean I have "vitriol" against Knight. If he comes, fine. If not, that's ok also. 10 yrs ago, heck, even 5 yrs ago, I would be one of those hoping he comes back. He was invited numerous times and refused. Now I know longer care.