Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Story originated with comments Fisch made on Wednesday on "The Drive with Jack & Tom," a radio show based out of Lansing, Mich., 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2019/03/01/bobby-knight-iu-basketball-coach-bob-knight-health-don-fischer/3030941002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Story originated with comments Fisch made on Wednesday on "The Drive with Jack & Tom," a radio show based out of Lansing, Mich., 
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2019/03/01/bobby-knight-iu-basketball-coach-bob-knight-health-don-fischer/3030941002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Very sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just read the story. Fisch said Knight's health is in decline, but added he didn't mean to imply that he's on his death bed. ... To me, that almost certainly means Alzheimer's or some type of dementia. That's what usually seems to be the case when discussing an older person with health issues. 

I really, really, really hope that's not the case, because that f---ing disease robbed my dad of most of his faculties before he passed in the spring of 2017 and I can tell you first-hand, that is very, very difficult to deal with. And it's very painful to watch someone decline in that way. 

If that is his issue, I wish him peace. If it's something else, I hope he can get well. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just read the story. Fisch said Knight's health is in decline, but added he didn't mean to imply that he's on his death bed. ... To me, that almost certainly means Alzheimer's or some type of dementia. That's what usually seems to be the case when discussing an older person with health issues. 

I really, really, really hope that's not the case, because that f---ing disease robbed my dad of most of his faculties before he passed in the spring of 2017 and I can tell you first-hand, that is very, very difficult to deal with. And it's very painful to watch someone decline in that way. 

If that is his issue, I wish him peace. If it's something else, I hope he can get well. 

I totally agree and these words from Fisch seem to reinforce that belief.  "...at the age that we get to at this point in our lives, you want to keep thinking that that brain is never going to go away, and it appears that's a real problem for him right now and what he's dealing with."   My father-in-law just passed away in January from Alzheimer's and my mother is battling dementia.  It is a horrible disease and very painful to watch a loved one simply disappear into their own private world.

I totally agree and these words from Fisch seem to reinforce that belief.  "...at the age that we get to at this point in our lives, you want to keep thinking that that brain is never going to go away, and it appears that's a real problem for him right now and what he's dealing with."   My father-in-law just passed away in January from Alzheimer's and my mother is battling dementia.  It is a horrible disease and very painful to watch a loved one simply disappear into their own private world.

Sorry to hear that man. It runs in our family as well and i long for the day they find a cure

2 hours ago, ray said:

So, the Indy Star admits IN THE STORY Fischer asked them not to report the story. Jesus. 

Fisch was on JMV’s radio show this afternoon and wasn’t happy.  Said he wasn’t going to talk about it and JMV wasn’t exactly sure what he was upset about.  Fisch admitted it was about the Knight story and wasn’t going to go into any other detail about Knight but did say whatever relationship he (Fisch) has with the Indy Star is now over.

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Indy Star is complete trash. They will cheer when Knight passes.
Hopefully he gets the treatment he deserves from IU and hopefully Ole Freddy tries everything possible to bring him back before it is too late.

What the hell has happened to that paper?

Thoughts and prayers go to RMK.

11 hours ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Fisch was on JMV’s radio show this afternoon and wasn’t happy.  Said he wasn’t going to talk about it and JMV wasn’t exactly sure what he was upset about.  Fisch admitted it was about the Knight story and wasn’t going to go into any other detail about Knight but did say whatever relationship he (Fisch) has with the Indy Star is now over.

Oh no, Fisch can't hang out with the likes of Purdoyle anymore; I'd consider that a net positive.

Though Coach Knight has been petty towards IU and the fan base by proxy regardless of administration, it still sucks for anyone to go through brain problems(Alzheimers, dementia, stroke, etc.) if that's the case.

Bought by Gannet and gone downhill ever since.  I joined a growing list of unsubscribers last year.

I worked in the newspaper business for several years just as the internet was ramping up. We were losing subscribers back then as the younger generation was not subscribing like their parents and grandparents did. Couple that with free news on the internet and it is amazing that papers even exist.

Media has changed too. Not enough time to verify sources so most media just run with a story now.

I used to love walking out and getting the paper and reading it slowly to start the day.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:47 AM, Joe DeLow said:

Indy Star is complete trash. They will cheer when Knight passes.
Hopefully he gets the treatment he deserves from IU and hopefully Ole Freddy tries everything possible to bring him back before it is too late.

My grandmother had dementia and, as a human being, I’m sorry he’s going through it.

As far as the university goes, however, I hope they handle it the same way he has handled it since the day he was terminated.