Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Michigan State at Indiana Game Thread - FOX - 12 Noon

I missed the game due to my son’s track meet but was keeping tabs on the the score on my phone. Saw us down with 5 minutes to play and just assumed we’d lose since we’re not really built to come back on teams. Imagine my surprise to look again with 3 seconds left and we’re up 1 with the ball!!

That alone spoke volumes to me. Now I need to find the last 5 minutes of the game so I can watch how it unfolded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Such a sore loser!
How many opposing teams beat us with crazy shots from 3 point land or a guy that never plays lights it up back there. Never see our coach cry like that. We have had more injuries than them. Suck it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

We've had a guy -- Hunter -- who probably would be a sixth or seventh man (or maybe even a starter) and he hasn't played ONE MINUTE this season! Maybe Izzo will get sympathy from his fan base or from others when whining about injuries, but he won't get it here. 

33 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Sooo.... we DIDNT shoot 25% from three,(37.5% today) gave pretty good effort (outrebounded MSU) and two guys we needed to contribute this year (Green and Smith) did in a big way.  This season has never been about the coach!

In bold tells me a lot.  At one time, they had out-rebounded us 18-8.

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Anyone know of a way to rewatch this game now? Thought I had it recorded but instead it's going to record replay at 2:30 a.m. Don't want to wait

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been able to watch immediate reruns for games on the B1G Network and the ESPN family of networks, but have not had success on Fox. I'm not sure there is a way to do so. 

3 hours ago, 323SGrant said:

I have no problems with students rushing the court. IU hasn’t been past the sweet sixteen in many years and often miss the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep.  When you say 'act like you've been there before' you have to remember that the kids rushing the court HAVEN'T been there before.

Purdue's Painter to fans: Give up IU sucks chant

Following No. 14 Purdue's dominating win over Ohio State 86-51 Saturday, Boilermakers coach Matt Painter told the packed Mackey Arena crowd that they need to stop the "IU sucks" chants that have become a big talking point in West Lafayette, Indiana.

After Purdue's Matt Haarms was on the receiving end of boos and profane chants from the Indiana crowd Tuesday night, Hoosiers AD Fred Glass apologized to his Purdue counterpart and issued a warning to student season-ticket holders about their behavior.

"What happened to Matt Haarms in Bloomington wasn't right," Painter said, referring to the profanity-laced chants directed at the Purdue sophomore during a game between the two rival schools Feb. 19. "But we've got to clean up our own backyard and give up the 'IU sucks' chant. Because today, IU didn't suck and they beat Michigan State."

That incident led to an apology from Hoosiers athletic director Fred Glass to Purdue counterpart Mike Bobinski as well as an email to student season-ticket holders warning them about their behavior.

The 'IU sucks' chants at Purdue basketball and football home games have been around for years, and the chant breaks out against all opponents, not just Indiana. According to the Indianapolis Star, Purdue's athletic department tried to officially end the chant in 2012, but fans have kept it alive.

"We have a really classy place at Purdue," Painter said during his postgame news conference. "We have great people. (Students) think that's cute. There's nothing cute about it."

Following No. 14 Purdue's dominating win over Ohio State 86-51 Saturday, Boilermakers coach Matt Painter told the packed Mackey Arena crowd that they need to stop the "IU sucks" chants that have become a big talking point in West Lafayette, Indiana. After Purdue's Matt Haarms was on the receiving end of boos and profane chants from the Indiana crowd Tuesday night, Hoosiers AD Fred Glass apologized to his Purdue counterpart and issued a warning to student season-ticket holders about their behavior.

"What happened to Matt Haarms in Bloomington wasn't right," Painter said, referring to the profanity-laced chants directed at the Purdue sophomore during a game between the two rival schools Feb. 19. "But we've got to clean up our own backyard and give up the 'IU sucks' chant. Because today, IU didn't suck and they beat Michigan State."

That incident led to an apology from Hoosiers athletic director Fred Glass to Purdue counterpart Mike Bobinski as well as an email to student season-ticket holders warning them about their behavior.

The 'IU sucks' chants at Purdue basketball and football home games have been around for years, and the chant breaks out against all opponents, not just Indiana. According to the Indianapolis Star, Purdue's athletic department tried to officially end the chant in 2012, but fans have kept it alive.

"We have a really classy place at Purdue," Painter said during his postgame news conference. "We have great people. (Students) think that's cute. There's nothing cute about it."

Let them chant it cause we did suck but hopefully archie gets us rolling and it will be comical at that point. Purdue and class is a joke. They were cheering Kirk Haston? I believe when he got injured. Screw Purdue. I did hate the harms chants and thought it was very purdue like 

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Following No. 14 Purdue's dominating win over Ohio State 86-51 Saturday, Boilermakers coach Matt Painter told the packed Mackey Arena crowd that they need to stop the "IU sucks" chants that have become a big talking point in West Lafayette, Indiana.

After Purdue's Matt Haarms was on the receiving end of boos and profane chants from the Indiana crowd Tuesday night, Hoosiers AD Fred Glass apologized to his Purdue counterpart and issued a warning to student season-ticket holders about their behavior.

Our students would do well to listen to this advice and clean up our own backyard.  There is no need for a f*** ____ chant at any time against any opponent.   There is a right way to do things, and I commend Painter for this.  In fact, when PU fans were whining about the F*** Harmes chants, I mentioned specifically the "IU Sucks" chants vs. everyone they played and suggested they clean up their own act, first.   Good for him.

I just got home and immediately watched the game. I didn't know who won, but someone let it slip the first al score was 63-62. So when Morgan made the play, I was ecstatic. I've been waiting for 2 yrs for Smith to break out. So glad to see it. I hope it continues. Go Hoosiers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk