Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Michigan State at Indiana Game Thread - FOX - 12 Noon

19 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

That’s where I honestly figured we’d be. Fighting to to keep a 4 seed with a BTT win. There was that stretch just after the UM and Maryland games though where they got blown out basically in 4 straight. I believe it was Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern and then UM for a second time. The UM games were what they were and Maryland was a close game. The others were ugly, bad losses where the effort wasn’t there. That 4 game stretch really tanked this young teams confidence, I think. Then it kept compounding from slow starts, into the Minnesota effort. Had they not been beaten so soundly, or had they been able to pull out 2 of those 4, I think the resurgence might have happened much sooner. Confidence is funny with young teams like that. Sometimes it can work the opposite way as well. A young team on a winning streak can start to believe they can’t be beat, and fully play like that too. Hopefully this is the start of that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember thinking back in Dec, that the players were getting an awfully long holiday break since there was no game for a week before the break started. Kept thinking 'hope they don't lose this focus that they were playing with'. Hell, took them until the last 2 wks to find it.

18 hours ago, DLG3 said:

Yeah...and salty he won’t be guaranteed a win with this new coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Did you notice his remarks about Smith at half-time as well? They asked about Smith and he got his Izzo annoyed look and said they were following their game plan, and something to the effect of, Let's see if he can keep it up in the second half.

I thought it was a true statement, but you rarely hear college coaches put down opposing players.

Did you notice his remarks about Smith at half-time as well? They asked about Smith and he got his Izzo annoyed look and said they were following their game plan, and something to the effect of, Let's see if he can keep it up in the second half.
I thought it was a true statement, but you rarely hear college coaches put down opposing players.

Kind of fitting. MSU will take a step back when they move on from him but the conference will be a bit cleaner.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Boeheim used to by far be the biggest whiner in college ball. I think he’s mellowed or been humbled by cheating sanctions a bit. Izzo definitely has picked up the mantle, and isn’t aging well. My 10 year old asked why he was arguing with the refs so much over everything/nothing!