Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Michigan State at Indiana Game Thread - FOX - 12 Noon

Won the rebounding battle, good.  Only 8 turnovers, good.  37.5% from 3, much better.  FT still sucked.

I think Phinisee has already established himself as a big part of this team; only 5 points but had 5 assists to just 1 turnover and played good defense on Winston especially on that last play.  If you told me we'd be 3-0 against MSU and Wiscy and (currently) wouldn't be in the tourney, I would've told you to put down the bottle; sleepwalking through the much of Jan/Feb hurt.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Won the rebounding battle, good.  Only 8 turnovers, good.  37.5% from 3, much better.  FT still sucked.

I think Phinisee has already established himself as a big part of this team; only 5 points but had 5 assists to just 1 turnover and played good defense on Winston especially on that last play.  If you told me we'd be 3-0 against MSU and Wiscy and (currently) wouldn't be in the tourney, I would've told you to put down the bottle; sleepwalking through the much of Jan/Feb hurt.

So one TO in the last what 75+ minutes 

Oh my Hoosiers! I’m really surprised they came away with the W, just because I felt MSU would have played out of their minds for a revenge game.

We’ve been hrs on Smith and Green most of this season, but they deserve all the credit in this game for their performances. Of course we don’t expect that offensive scoring by Smith, but that’s the type of overall game we were expecting from him with the promise he showed as a Freshman. Couldn’t be happier for him! Green made some big buckets, but those shots he took are still the quick trigger ones he misses and we all get mad. Luckily they went in, but for me he played under control and with the flow of the game. When he does that, he’s an important piece to this team.

Also, very pleased with the overall effort from our starters after the first 4 minutes of the game. Morgan and Durham seem to be giving their all, but look very tired. Phinisee was great all game, his defense overall was great. Winston was going to get his, and played like a 1st Team All-American.

This is the team that we loved that was 12-2 (except those last couple games we started seeing regression). I’m not sure how I feel about Illinois, but they love the 3 and once they get tired, really struggle. I watched them at Purdue, once they got tired they were jacking up crazy shots. Hope the team continues to show up, we could really use these next two wins!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Oh my Hoosiers! I’m really surprised they came away with the W, just because I felt MSU would have played out of their minds for a revenge game.

We’ve been hrs on Smith and Green most of this season, but they deserve all the credit in this game for their performances. Of course we don’t expect that offensive scoring by Smith, but that’s the type of overall game we were expecting from him with the promise he showed as a Freshman. Couldn’t be happier for him! Green made some big buckets, but those shots he took are still the quick trigger ones he misses and we all get mad. Luckily they went in, but for me he played under control and with the flow of the game. When he does that, he’s an important piece to this team.

Also, very pleased with the overall effort from our starters after the first 4 minutes of the game. Morgan and Durham seem to be giving their all, but look very tired. Phinisee was great all game, his defense overall was great. Winston was going to get his, and played like a 1st Team All-American.

This is the team that we loved that was 12-2 (except those last couple games we started seeing regression). I’m not sure how I feel about Illinois, but they love the 3 and once they get tired, really struggle. I watched them at Purdue, once they got tired they were jacking up crazy shots. Hope the team continues to show up, we could really use these next two wins!

Feel the same about Ill. If we take care of the ball and guard the 3 I think we can win. If we give up turnovers for touchdowns we’ll struggle big time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

As someone who has been very pro-Archie of recent, I think this game is an excellent time to remain level-headed. Yes, we won and could be dancing. But while Archie made some excellent adjustments, I'd say there were many questionable rotations and substitutions the first half. He's not perfect, but he's improving. He's our coach of the future imo
So cheers to watching our young coach grow into an excellent coach and our young core finding their roles and consistently hustling. Let's hope we have a few more weeks on this crazy, emotional, passionate board!

I do agree about some of the questionable things, but I also go back to some of the players just failing to show up that hurts him more than anything. Things have gotten better on all sides, coaches to players! :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone know of a way to rewatch this game now? Thought I had it recorded but instead it's going to record replay at 2:30 a.m. Don't want to wait

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t know if you already found a replay brother but, I was able to re-watch immediately using the Fox Sports app on our smart tv. The app is available for just about every platform I can think of. Roku, Amazon, PS4, Xbox one. Any smart tv. Computers and tablets obviously. Good luck.

Don’t know if you already found a replay brother but, I was able to re-watch immediately using the Fox Sports app on our smart tv. The app is available for just about every platform I can think of. Roku, Amazon, PS4, Xbox one. Any smart tv. Computers and tablets obviously. Good luck.

Holy crap. Thanks man. Better late than never! Appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

The next two scare me. Illinois plays so hard. That ball pressure and constant token full court attack and recover stuff is no joke. The one I’m afraid of right now though is Rutgers. Seems weird saying it, I know. They put a whoopin on Iowa today, in Iowa. Gio was outstanding. They also have the length to cause trouble on the boards for us. That’s gonna be just as tough a stretch as UW/MSU in my opinion. Need everybody on board and healthy. Need to go for the throat immediately in both. Stand on them.

The next two scare me. Illinois plays so hard. That ball pressure and constant token full court attack and recover stuff is no joke. The one I’m afraid of right now though is Rutgers. Seems weird saying it, I know. They put a whoopin on Iowa today, in Iowa. Gio was outstanding. They also have the length to cause trouble on the boards for us. That’s gonna be just as tough a stretch as UW/MSU in my opinion. Need everybody on board and healthy. Need to go for the throat immediately in both. Stand on them.

Good Smith and Green will help a lot at Ill. We’ll need Morgan and Davis to play big to punish them inside. I really think it’ll come down to how well we take care of the ball and how well we defend the 3.

Good Smith and Green will help a lot at Ill. We’ll need Morgan and Davis to play big to punish them inside. I really think it’ll come down to how well we take care of the ball and how well we defend the 3.

Agreed. If our guards take care of the ball, IU will have a big advantage inside at Illinois. Really need Rob, Al, and Devonte to play smart and under control. Really hope this upward trend continues. Just think if IU plays with this sort of effort all season?! Easily 4-5 more wins.

Agreed. If our guards take care of the ball, IU will have a big advantage inside at Illinois. Really need Rob, Al, and Devonte to play smart and under control. Really hope this upward trend continues. Just think if IU plays with this sort of effort all season?! Easily 4-5 more wins.

Our defense has been good. But we cant go down 12 on the road and win imo

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That’s the sad part of the recent play. This team had more wins in them but they just kind of didn’t care. We would be worrying about seeding rather than bubble if we had played this hard all season.

That’s the sad part of the recent play. This team had more wins in them but they just kind of didn’t care. We would be worrying about seeding rather than bubble if we had played this hard all season.

That’s where I honestly figured we’d be. Fighting to to keep a 4 seed with a BTT win. There was that stretch just after the UM and Maryland games though where they got blown out basically in 4 straight. I believe it was Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern and then UM for a second time. The UM games were what they were and Maryland was a close game. The others were ugly, bad losses where the effort wasn’t there. That 4 game stretch really tanked this young teams confidence, I think. Then it kept compounding from slow starts, into the Minnesota effort. Had they not been beaten so soundly, or had they been able to pull out 2 of those 4, I think the resurgence might have happened much sooner. Confidence is funny with young teams like that. Sometimes it can work the opposite way as well. A young team on a winning streak can start to believe they can’t be beat, and fully play like that too. Hopefully this is the start of that.

6 hours ago, CandyStripers said:

Just watched Izzos post game press conference. What a complete D bag!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

He and Crean are friends and Crean assisted him at MSU, so he must be bitter that Crean was fired. That's the only thing I can guess.

Izzo typically is pretty gracious after a loss, but after both times we beat them this season, he seemed very petty and filled with excuses. Really didn't give IU one ounce of credit. 

I wanted to rewatch the final MSU possession so I googled IU vs. Michigan State. One of the offerings took me back to 2001, when Haston beat then-No. 1 Sparty with the 3 at the buzzer. In the aftermath, you can see Mike Davis shaking hands with then-MSU assistant Stan Heath. 

A year later, Davis beat Heath to go to the Final Four. Ironic! 

He and Crean are friends and Crean assisted him at MSU, so he must be bitter that Crean was fired. That's the only thing I can guess.
Izzo typically is pretty gracious after a loss, but after both times we beat them this season, he seemed very petty and filled with excuses. Really didn't give IU one ounce of credit. 

Yeah...and salty he won’t be guaranteed a win with this new coach.