Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

Georgia just got a bucket that should have been a travel (or foul) on the other end. I have a feeling Georgia will stub their toe down the stretch. I though Florida would be easily in with a NET 29 right now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Florida has been pushing their luck for a while. Hard team to figure out. This would be a very bad loss

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

kenpom has our non conference sos as 196th (last column)

https://kenpom.com/

3 additional in-conference games does pretty much nothing, or nothing to non conference SOS.

Who cares?  Overall SOS is what matters and really with the quad system that doesn’t really matter either. 9 of our 14 losses are quad 1. More than half our games are quad 1 that’s silly

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Who cares?  Overall SOS is what matters and really with the quad system that doesn’t really matter either. 9 of our 14 losses are quad 1. More than half our games are quad 1 that’s silly

like I said, i hope 19 is enough. i pointed out what the talking heads were criticizing (our non-conf SoS, and our conf record). then people acted like our NC SoS was good, it's not. 

like I said, i hope 19 is enough. i pointed out what the talking heads were criticizing (our non-conf SoS, and our conf record). then people acted like our NC SoS was good, it's not. 

IU’s is fine compared to others around the bubble, NC State on the other hand is god awful.

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Something that’s been true for years.  Talking heads are idiots 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Something that’s been true for years.  Talking heads are idiots 

some definitely are. some take it seriously, and it's their profession. 

i'll typically side with some of the talking heads who have a proven track records over fan board guys who pretend to know it all. 

right now, by every rating/ranking system, we're outside of the 36 at large bids. we're unique though. is 3 wins over bottom of the conference teams + 1 win over a mid conference team enough? we'll see. I think we need some help with others losing.  if you feel that 19 is a lock, great. 

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

some definitely are. some take it seriously, and it's their profession. 

i'll typically side with some of the talking heads who have a proven track records over fan board guys who pretend to know it all. 

right now, by every rating/ranking system, we're outside of the 36 at large bids. we're unique though. is 3 wins over bottom of the conference teams + 1 win over a mid conference team enough? we'll see. I think we need some help with others losing.  if you feel that 19 is a lock, great. 

Of course we are out now. It’s not like the bubble is gonna be filled with 20 win teams 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Of course we are out now. It’s not like the bubble is gonna be filled with 20 win teams 

my initial point is, we are out now. is 3 wins over bad teams at the bottom of the conference (IL, Rut, likely NW in the BTT), + a win over a decent but mid conf team like Iowa (who will not be ranked, has lost their last two, and will lose at least one more) be enough to get us in? that's not a lock to me.

my initial point is, we are out now. is 3 wins over bad teams at the bottom of the conference (IL, Rut, likely NW in the BTT), + a win over a decent but mid conf team like Iowa (who will not be ranked, has lost their last two, and will lose at least one more) be enough to get us in? that's not a lock to me.

The quality of the, hypothetical, wins isn’t the question. It’s the number of wins. IU has the quality wins and no bad losses to get in they now need the quantity. While Iowa is middle of the pack that would still most likely be another quad 1 win. Heck, even Northwestern would be a quad 2 win on a neutral court (I believe).

7 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

That’s a quad 1 win. A quad 2 win and a quad 1 or 2 wins in the BTT

14 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Only number that matters is their NET number (irrelevant if Iowa is ranked or not. You see mid conference team while committee and other bracketologist like me see Iowa as a Quad 1 win Opportunity. Illinois would be a road win and a quad 2 win. As of today IU has all the quality wins they would need to earn an at-large bid but their problem is overall wins. To answer your question yes wins over Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa would be enough to go along with their 6 other Quad 1 wins to earn a bid. None of this matters if they don’t take care of business to finish the season

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s a quad 1 win. A quad 2 win and a quad 1 or 2 wins in the BTT

No, it's not. currently - 

@IL is NET 94 (Q2)

Rutgers at home is NET 104 (Q3)

NW (likely Round 1) Neutral is NET 93 (Q2), and it actually could be a worse team.

Iowa (likely Round 2) Neutral is NET 33 (currently Q1), but just lost (so will drop), and is likely to lose at least one, of their remaining games (both on the road). In short, Iowa would turn into a Q2.

---------- and

To add, NW plays at IL this week before us. The winner won't be helped that much, but the loser is going to drop, possibly to Q3. Rutgers plays PSU, another game that really only hurts a possible match up for us.

@IL is NET 94 (Q2)
NW (likely Round 1) Neutral is NET 93 (Q2), and it actually could be a worse team.
Iowa (likely Round 2) Neutral is NET 33 (currently Q1), but just lost (so will drop), and is likely to lose at least one, of their remaining games (both on the road). In short, Iowa would turn into a Q2.
---------- and
To add, NW plays at IL this week before us. The winner won't be helped that much, but the loser is going to drop, possibly to Q3. Rutgers plays PSU, another game that really only hurts a possible match up for us.

Iowa isn’t going to fall to a Quad 2 on a neutral court. They would have to fall below 50 for that to happen.

@IL is NET 94 (Q2)
---------- and

I’m not fluent in the NET rankings but I don’t see Iowa dropping 17+ spots to a non quad 1 opponent in the BTT. That’s even if we get to face them. As for the NW at Ill and Rutgers vs PSU, again, I don’t think it’ll change enough to drop them enough to change quads. The most important thing is for IU to keep winning. If they get all those wins (4) and they’re quad 2 and 3 then IU should still get in. It’s the quantity IU needs right now and not the quality.

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Iowa isn’t going to fall to a Quad 2 on a neutral court. They would have to fall below 50 for that to happen.

they lost earlier this week, and they just had a bad home Q3 loss to Rutgers today, so they will drop. they play @Wisconsin and @Nebraska. They'll lose one, maybe both. They could possibly have 4 straight losses. Is 33 to 51 that big of a drop considering? honestly i don't now the weights of losses with NET, but in any other poll, 3-4 straight losses could easily mean a 17 spot drop.

and, we could just as easily end up playing OSU or MN instead of Iowa in that spot.

Edited by Irish YJ