Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

IMO it would take more than 2 BTT wins. Right now NW would be our 1st round, Iowa 2nd round. Then you're looking at scUM likely, and then either MSU or PU. 3 wins starts the conversation. 

At Ill and neutral vs Northwestern would be quad 2 wins, home vs Rutgers would be quad 3, and neutral over Iowa would be a quad 1. At 19-15 with 7 quad 1 wins and 0 bad losses IU would be in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You’re out of your mind if you think 19-15 won’t get us in. We’d basically be a lock at that point. 5 wins over top 25 opponents and 0 quadrant 3/4 losses. I don’t see IU missing the tournament if we finish 18-15.

Edited by Hoosierfan222

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You are wrong.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

You’re out of your mind if you think 19-15 won’t get us in. We’d basically be a lock at that point. 5 wins over top 25 opponents and 0 quadrant 3/4 losses. I don’t see IU missing the tournament if we finish 18-15.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

You don’t need 20 wins to be considered 19-15 will get us in. Our resume is too good. We have to win the next 4 straight still though

hope all of you are right. i think our weak OoC schedule will be used against us., and 8-12 conf record is hard to dismiss. i think we will need some help from bubble teams losing with a 19 win record.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

hope all of you are right. i think our weak OoC schedule will be used against us., and 8-12 conf record is hard to dismiss. i think we will need some help from bubble teams losing with a 19 win record.

Our out of conference schedule was quite strong.

Duke, Marquette, Butler, Louisville 

9 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

We have had the 3rd toughest schedule in the country to this point. Strength of schedule only boosts IU’s argument.

Our out of conference schedule got us up to about an 18 NET ranking at one point. If we win out and win two in the conference tournament we will be in. The bubble is super weak this year. I think we do better than win two in the B1G tournament though. I feel like we have a chance to make it to Sunday this year. Wouldn’t that be a great way to end the regular season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Weak OOC schedule? What?

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our out of conference schedule was quite strong.

Duke, Marquette, Butler, Louisville 

non-conference SoS rank is 134th... 

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/sos?&_3:col_1=1&_3:col_2=1

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

We have had the 3rd toughest schedule in the country to this point. Strength of schedule only boosts IU’s argument.

we're 35th now. that will drop a bit with IL and Rutgers.

Win these next 2 and we’re in...people overthinking this. 6 quad 1 wins, no quad 3 or 4 losses, 5 top 25 wins, 3 top 10 wins which is most in the country (1 on the road). You’re gonna tell me that resume doesn’t make it in but a bubble team like Clemson with a 1-8 quad 1 record with gets in with a SOS of 48 does??? Stop looking back at history for reference. In the past the NET system and quad system never existed which is what the committee is using for their selection which will be to our benefit this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

USPS, question. Florida is solidly in the field as of today. If they lose tonight and then drop their final two to LSU and puke to finish the season 17-14, how do they project? It’s interesting to see how teams are perceived compared to their record.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

USPS, question. Florida is solidly in the field as of today. If they lose tonight and then drop their final two to LSU and puke to finish the season 17-14, how do they project? It’s interesting to see how teams are perceived compared to their record.

If they lose a home game to Georgia that would be very bad (turning it to the game now).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Florida is on the bubble as well so we need Tommy to help his old team with a W.

If they lose a home game to Georgia that would be very bad (turning it to the game now).

That would give them another Quad 3 loss at home. If IU and Florida had the same record at the end of the season, IU would of the better resume

Georgia just got a bucket that should have been a travel (or foul) on the other end. I have a feeling Georgia will stub their toe down the stretch. I though Florida would be easily in with a NET 29 right now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Using what metric? KENPOM has us 3rd.

kenpom has our non conference sos as 196th (last column)

https://kenpom.com/

52 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Says our record is 13-13 so it’s a fair bit behind. 

3 additional in-conference games does pretty much nothing, or nothing to non conference SOS.