Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

Currently 14-14 with 5 good wins. Indiana will have to go on a 7 game winning streak (laughed typing that), but it’s feasible. 

Michigan State at home (gives us 6 good wins)

beat Illinois and Rutgers to get to 17-14.  

Hopefully play on day 1 of Big Ten Tourney.

Beat Penn State, Beat Wisconsin/ Iowa again, then beat Maryland type team.  

That would put us at 20-14 with 8 good wins.  

Its scary, but we aren’t ruled out of the tournament yet.  Not probable, but not out of it.

If they play in the first day IU should want Nebraska to be the team to play. They have a top 50 NET and will be down Copeland. 19-15 and they would have a great chance depending on how others do around them. Keep in mind they have 0 bad losses at this point as well. Got to keep winning. Losing 5 straight at home cost IU big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like I said a few weeks back, the team will mess around and just barely miss the tourney. It’s like so many games this season where we only played for 20 or 30 minutes. If we were playing with the effort we have been lately we have another 3 or so wins and are on the right side of the bubble.

You’re talking a play in each of the last 3 games and we have 3 more wins (2 quad 1s and a quad 2). This season would look completely different with a healthy Davis, Phin, Thompson, and Hunter. We’d easily be in the tourney and probably upper half of the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Like I said a few weeks back, the team will mess around and just barely miss the tourney. It’s like so many games this season where we only played for 20 or 30 minutes. If we were playing with the effort we have been lately we have another 3 or so wins and are on the right side of the bubble.

You’re talking a play in each of the last 3 games and we have 3 more wins (2 quad 1s and a quad 2). This season would look completely different with a healthy Davis, Phin, Thompson, and Hunter. We’d easily be in the tourney and probably upper half of the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yup, how insane is this for last three games:

Beat #14 Purdue

Beat #22 Iowa

Beat #19 Wisconsin 

literally some heroic shots falling against us away from that wry real possibility.  The strong big ten is both a blessing and a curse.   Some of these big wins down the stretch can count more.  I think 19-15 can get it done on this week bubble. 

Yea... I don’t see it happening. The committee isn’t going to let a team who performed so poorly in conference into the tourney. This team screwed themselves by losing 11 of 12. The fact there is even talk of making the dance while we are 5-12 in conference is an absolute joke.

The bracketologists really seem to love the big ten. I see minnesota still penciled in at 7-10. Now i dont think we get in but really we should be 8-9 and in. Oh well what do you do.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yea... I don’t see it happening. The committee isn’t going to let a team who performed so poorly in conference into the tourney. This team screwed themselves by losing 11 of 12. The fact there is even talk of making the dance while we are 5-12 in conference is an absolute joke.

The only reason there is talk is because the bubble is horrific. That and we are one of 13 teams with 6 quad 1 wins and no quad 3/4 losses. If we turn it on now, they’ll even view our last two losses as not too bad. Have a team playing their best basketball over the final 2 weeks.

Probably won’t be enough, but I guarantee if we win those games nobody in the tournament would want to play us. No clue what you get with IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think our resident expert and other bracketologists will continue to disagree with you on this point.

And regardless of what the considerations are supposed to be, if we go on a run to end the season with previously injured personnel playing bigger minutes, you know every committee member will look at the current roster as a different team.

I think our resident expert and other bracketologists will continue to disagree with you on this point.

And regardless of what the considerations are supposed to be, if we go on a run to end the season with previously injured personnel playing bigger minutes, you know every committee member will look at the current roster as a different team.

There’s no need to disagree. It’s been stated over and over the committee doesn’t look at conference records. There are facts and then brick walls.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yup, how insane is this for last three games:
Beat #14 Purdue
Beat #22 Iowa
Beat #19 Wisconsin 
literally some heroic shots falling against us away from that wry real possibility.  The strong big ten is both a blessing and a curse.   Some of these big wins down the stretch can count more.  I think 19-15 can get it done on this week bubble. 

And that O$U game too. We’re talking about 1 play in three games.

The over the back is called and Morgan gets free throws with a few seconds left in a tie game. He’d have to make them but I like our chances.

Green sticks on Bohanon and doesn’t allow a shot. (You could add any number of other plays like Coon traveling, them getting the out of bounds call correctly, etc.)

Those 3 wins along with a few more in the last 3 and IU is comfortably in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I just heard today that there is no committee this year. Just a computer generated field essentially. I find that hard to believe but was told that by a good source.

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I just heard today that there is no committee this year. Just a computer generated field essentially. I find that hard to believe but was told that by a good source.

Even if that's true, somebody is writing and tinkering with the algorithm.  Haven't they refused to share the algorithm so far?  Passing it off like some robot names the field is disingenuous.  

Hard to say if I'm fully behind the NET rankings until I see who gets in this year.  By which I mean, I'll fully support the NET rankings if Indiana gets in.