Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

Probably not the best thread for this, but I think it does have some correlation to IU and how this season has played out and what has to happen if we have a chance for the Big Dance.  Keep in mind, the conversation was specific to Butler bball.

My boss at my parttime gig knows Ralph Reiff quite well.  Ralph is the former analyst on the Butler tv games.  He told my boss that Brad Stevens had 3 things he always looked at when he was recruiting players:

1.       How hard did they play when they were way ahead.

2.      How hard did they play when they were way behind.

3.      Did they pay attention during time outs.       

The other thing he said was that when he was sitting courtside when Hayward, Mack, and Howard were playing you could hear their shoes squeak when they made their cuts even when the Fieldhouse was full and noisy – today he doesn’t ever hear a shoe squeak. 

IMO, we don't have enough players that meet Stevens' criteria.

The super frusturating thung is an 8- 10 Minnesota team is likely in the tourney and they dont have nearly the good wins we have. All we really needed to do was finish like 9-11 to get in.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IU needs to finally make some noise in the B1G Tourney, which has been their kryptonite since its inception in 1998. In fact, IU has only made 1 finals appearance, as a 4 seed, against Luke Recker, Reggie Evans, and Iowa in 2001. We all remember how that went... 

Since then, in the last 16 years, there are only 5 teams in the current B1G who haven't been to a conference tournament final. Indiana and Northwestern, then MD, Rutgers, and Nebraska who don't really count.. That is just inconceivable to me. If you're IU, you either figure out how to play hard and make a run or just stay the hell home.

45 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

IU needs to finally make some noise in the B1G Tourney, which has been their kryptonite since its inception in 1998. In fact, IU has only made 1 finals appearance, as a 4 seed, against Luke Recker, Reggie Evans, and Iowa in 2001. We all remember how that went... 

Since then, in the last 16 years, there are only 5 teams in the current B1G who haven't been to a conference tournament final. Indiana and Northwestern, then MD, Rutgers, and Nebraska who don't really count.. That is just inconceivable to me. If you're IU, you either figure out how to play hard and make a run or just stay the hell home.

I want to win the BTT just to get rid of the goose egg.

I agree but i just dont see it happening. It is like we are cursed with the btt hex.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Awesome post! I believe we will truly be back when we regularly compete and win this tournament. Let’s start with 2019!

Probably a question for [mention=4127]Uspshoosier[/mention], but does Dayton losing last night and Alabama losing today help our chances?

Dayton losing probably took them out of consideration. IU just needs to keep winning to give them a chance. They have to win remaining 2 games and 1 or 2 in the BTT. 19-15 will probably get them in depending on what other teams around them do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dayton losing probably took them out of consideration. IU just needs to keep winning to give them a chance. They have to win remaining 2 games and 1 or 2 in the BTT. 19-15 will probably get them in depending on what other teams around them do.

19-15 would absolutely get them in. No room for error

Probably a question for [mention=4127]Uspshoosier[/mention], but does Dayton losing last night and Alabama losing today help our chances?

I’m not The USPS but true. They’re both bubble teams. If Butler could pull off the upset at Villanova that would also help. The biggest thing though is getting to 19 wins and only 15 losses. I believe that is the minimum for us to go dancing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m not The USPS but true. They’re both bubble teams. If Butler could pull off the upset at Villanova that would also help. The biggest thing though is getting to 19 wins and only 15 losses. I believe that is the minimum for us to go dancing.

I’d rather have Butler lose to Nova. Nova is in comfortable. Butler is fighting for spot. So be it if butler stays a quad 2 instead of quad 1.

18-15 might get us in too. For real.

I think 18 wins safely gets us in. I think we’d be on the fringe at 17-15 but still get in. But how many bubble teams would have 5 top 25 wins, 6 quad 1 wins (top 10 in the country) and ZERO quad 3 or 4 losses??? That’s a heck of a resume. Too many people are putting stock in the conference record or overall record.

I’d rather have Butler lose to Nova. Nova is in comfortable. Butler is fighting for spot. So be it if butler stays a quad 2 instead of quad 1.

Didn’t think of it in that perspective. That’s why you’re THE USPS and I’m not.