Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

I love Hoosier fans. go from complete frustration, to discussing possible ways to still make the tournament. Cracks me up!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Iu fans will never give up. Look at assembly hall last night with a 4-12 team arena still mostly full towards midnight going crazy. They would have stayed til 1am if need be.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.786ffe9834d44566721cde6ecd2c34b2.jpg
This is exactly why I think if we win out and win 1 game in the BTT we’ll be in no doubt. I remember Georgia got in at 16-14 and lost in first round of SEC tourney based on SOS alone in the early 2000s I believe. This net/quad system will do wonders for us...just have to take care of business.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember that team but I thought they won their conference tourney on a very flukey run and got a 14 seed.....could be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember that team but I thought they won their conference tourney on a very flukey run and got a 14 seed.....could be wrong.

They didn’t win their conference tournament. They have the worst record for an at-large team. 1-SOS and almost every game they played was a top 50 game. Perfect storm of events got them in. They lost to Missouri in the 8/9 game

This Quad thing is will become the biggest excuse to throw in large schools for their money making. The one and only thing they care about anymore. Mid majors and small school will be screwed by this trash along with the new NET rating.

This Quad thing will actually help mid majors make the tourney. If they slip up on the road in conference the they won’t get penalized as much as they would before. Quad system has allowed Buffalo to gain 4 Quad 2 wins by winning on the road in conference to teams with NET over 100. Buffalo is going to get a far better seed then they would of in the old system

They didn’t win their conference tournament. They have the worst record for an at-large team. 1-SOS and almost every game they played was a top 50 game. Perfect storm of events got them in. They lost to Missouri in the 8/9 game

It was the 2008 Georgia team that I was thinking of.

This Quad thing will actually help mid majors make the tourney. If they slip up on the road in conference the they won’t get penalized as much as they would before. Quad system has allowed Buffalo to gain 4 Quad 2 wins by winning on the road in conference to teams with NET over 100. Buffalo is going to get a far better seed then they would of in the old system

Quit using logic. Joe doesn’t like that

They have incredibly limited chances at getting Quad 1 and even Quad 2 wins. While a team like Indiana has plenty chances. A team like Oklahoma has plenty of chances. How much better are we than Murray State really? Yet they have to win their conference tourney. But somehow we have a chance at getting in? It completely screws them. The committee is making it clear that losing doesn’t matter much at all. It’s about what few good wins you have. Teams like Murray State and others don’t get those types of chances.

And the Quad system allowed Buffalo 4 Quad 2 games that wouldn’t of been considered good wins in the past and even a Quad 1 win at Toledo that wouldn’t of been considered a good win in the old system. High majors will always have the opportunity to get more quality wins at least with the Quad system it gave mid majors a way to earn better wins in their conference. No matter the system the deck will be stacked against mid majors. At least now a team like Monmouth a couple years ago will have a better chance to get in. If you can’t see that has a way for helping mid majors nothing will

If IU were to go on a run late and have 5 or so wins. Or advance in the BTT and you were the AD or coach what would you be doing to help your cause?

You would argue that the injuries to so many key players caused our Mid-Session slide. Too many key players out and other key players getting exhausted.

Even if this does not fully explain things, everyone wants teams to try concussions seriously and we had 2 or 3 guys out for so long because of this. Then you have Hunters issue that we discovered and you start painting the season with this as a backdrop.

You show that we were never at full strength (Mcroberts, Race and Hunter) but when close to that we beat Marquette, MSU, Lville, Wisconsin and played everyone close.

With the emphasis we have as a country now on respecting the injury you argue that you should not be penalized for doing that. You argue that since we are now getting some out key guys back that we should be evaluated on who we are now.

You would not just let people look at the record alone without some sort of lobbying to tell your story. The Quad 1 wins, combined with the injuries combined with a late season run present a compelling argument.

You may not win that argument but you have a strong case to make.

It still props up teams in higher conferences even more. We have “zero bad losses” but Nebraska is a bad loss. Northwestern is a bad loss. Arkansas is a bad loss. That’s where the advantage comes. To where losses don’t hurt when they should. And this fan base is somehow excited about this team just because they beat Wisconsin. We are still 5-12 in conference. We are still 12th in conference. You may not want to admit it, and no one here does, but it’s an absolute embarrassment for this program and especially for college basketball as a whole that the field has gotten so bad that a team like Indiana is on the bubble.

Interesting a loss at Arkansas who beat LSU on the road is a bad loss. Nah not an embarrassment just a bad year. College basketball is fine. Those losses are bad losses from your point of view. Nothing more nothing less. You want to call them embarrassing and bad losses and college basketball stinks that’s your right just like it’s my right to view them different. IU lost to Eastern Washington at home in the old system and because they were a top 100 team that loss wasn’t considered a bad loss that year by the committee(it was a bad loss to me)Nothing has changed with the quad system regarding good or bad losses. Just a different way of coming up with what they view a bad loss as. Old system any game you lost to a team over 100. New system quad 3 or 4. Your surprised a fan base is excited on a message board after a win against a Wisky team that has won 19-21 games against IU until the other night? Just a guess but a message board is always going to be more positive then negative. Nature of the beast

12 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

Rightfully so, does anyone out there think Buffalo would finish in the top half of the Big Ten this year?

I'd rather watch teams like Buffalo introduce madness in the dance than see a below average Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, ACC, etc make it in.  The tournament is more interesting when smaller schools get a shot.  

It still props up teams in higher conferences even more. We have “zero bad losses” but Nebraska is a bad loss. Northwestern is a bad loss. Arkansas is a bad loss. That’s where the advantage comes. To where losses don’t hurt when they should. And this fan base is somehow excited about this team just because they beat Wisconsin. We are still 5-12 in conference. We are still 12th in conference. You may not want to admit it, and no one here does, but it’s an absolute embarrassment for this program and especially for college basketball as a whole that the field has gotten so bad that a team like Indiana is on the bubble.

Time to burn assembly down, we suck and will always suck. Man it feels good to have that attitude.....

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

ThErE aRe LiTeRaLlY nO bAd LoSsEs On ThE rOaD iN tHe BiG tEn.

Yes there are. Maybe not to the committees low standards, but losing at Northwestern will always be bad because it is Northwestern. It is where the eye test becomes better. It why RPI should have never been so heavily leaned on and why NET shouldn’t either. The people on the committee know basketball. They know it very well. NET may say Northwestern isn’t a bad team(propped up by being in the B1G), but the eye test clearly shows they are terrible(the reason they are last in the league).

Oh wow must be nice to be so young and full of life.