Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

I just heard today that there is no committee this year. Just a computer generated field essentially. I find that hard to believe but was told that by a good source.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s false. IU great Chris Reynolds is in his first year of being a committee member

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just win baby. I think this team is playing at its best now albeit 1 win. Players are finding roles and turnovers are quickly rewarded with pine. Crunch time Romeo gets the ball, shots have looked better, and Race has been a very pleasant surprise. He takes up space and holds ground, rebounds, looks to pass first and makes our team better. Our d has also been good or better. If we can continue to get better, we probably still won’t make the tournament. But we will be fun to watch and gives momentum going into crunch time recruiting.

6 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I can guarantee the committee looks at conference records if bad enough. 2 games under .500? They’ve put that in with an at large. 4 games under? Never. Why? Because when you are 4 games under, you aren’t a good enough team.

Except they don’t as USPS has told you at least 3 times. 

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.786ffe9834d44566721cde6ecd2c34b2.jpg

This is exactly why I think if we win out and win 1 game in the BTT we’ll be in no doubt. I remember Georgia got in at 16-14 and lost in first round of SEC tourney based on SOS alone in the early 2000s I believe. This net/quad system will do wonders for us...just have to take care of business.

While I am fully on board for this discussion and also believe there is a legitimate chance we make the field, beating MSU on Saturday will be a tall task that I feel like some of us are forgetting about. The Hall's gotta be rocking and these Hoosiers gotta come out hot; I have faith and certainly believe we can run the table. 

He may say that, but when was the last time a team that was 8-12 in conference was considered for an at-large bid?

1992-Iowa St (5-9) received an at-large and 1998-Florida St (6-10) received an at-large. You can hate all you want but conference record is not a factor

10 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

He may say that, but when was the last time a team that was 8-12 in conference was considered for an at-large bid?

When was the last time one had no bad losses and what would certainly be at least 9 quad 1 wins. 

8 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Well considering this is the first time any conference has ever played a 20 game schedule, your answer is that an 8-12 team has NEVER been considered! :-) 

But that also means that a team that is 4 games under .500 has NEVER had 8 conference wins. Combine that with the possibility of 6-7 quad 1 wins, which no other bubble team will be able to claim, and we certainly have a chance. I'm not overly optimistic we win out though, and even if we beat MSU again, and then possibly lose to Illinois, I think a 7-13 conference record makes it impossible. 

Since the B1G this year is the first conference to go to 20 games the answer to your question would be 0 since this is the first year a 8-12 conference record could happen

I love Hoosier fans. go from complete frustration, to discussing possible ways to still make the tournament. Cracks me up!

So many are quick to make that flying leap off the cliff and just as quick to pull the ripcord afterward.

22 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

I love Hoosier fans. go from complete frustration, to discussing possible ways to still make the tournament. Cracks me up!

I’m still incredibly frustrated we are in that situation but better than being eliminated already. 

Play with heart and the next 5 are all winnable. Illinois is our only road game. And two neutral site

This Quad thing is will become the biggest excuse to throw in large schools for their money making. The one and only thing they care about anymore. Mid majors and small school will be screwed by this trash along with the new NET rating.

Rightfully so, does anyone out there think Buffalo would finish in the top half of the Big Ten this year?