Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Wisconsin at Indiana Game Thread - ESPN - 9:00pm

29 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Thank you! It's freaking unbelievable that so many on here that are supposed to be so knowledgeable about the game want to continuously bash Dakich. He is absolutely correct in most that he says but some think that because he doesn't play a bias for IU, he has got this huge axe to grind towards the program. He loves Indiana and has his opinions about the program. He has earned his right and understands much more than most. Especially on this forum. "My School!" 

He doesn't just "not have a bias for IU", he's incredibly biased against IU when he calls our games. He can say whatever he wants on his radio show. He's supposed to be a professional when he calls games and he was anything but that last night. All the other people who do our games manage to not be biased in IU's favor while also not trashing us any chance they get. 

I'm from the same neck of the woods as Dakich and watched him and former Toiletmaker Jim Bullock play for Andrean High, so I used to be somewhat of a fan. ... Typically, he doesn't annoy me that much while calling IU games because for the most part, I think he provides good insight -- even when he's criticizing our players and Archie. ... But I did think his commenting last night on the officiating last night was -- kinda weird. It seemed every time we got a foul called on us, it was a great call. And every time Wisconsin was whistled for a foul, it was because the game was in "The Hall of Calls." ... I've watched just about every IU game he has called this season, and I think they way he called last night's game was, as I said, ... a bit bizarre, especially with regard to the refs.  ... The free throws were 27 for us 25 for them (relatively even), but we had 24 fouls to their 17, so I'm not sure there was reason for anybody to cry about a disparity.

I'm from the same neck of the woods as Dakich and watched him and former Toiletmaker Jim Bullock play for Andrean High, so I used to be somewhat of a fan. ... Typically, he doesn't annoy me that much while calling IU games because for the most part, I think he provides good insight -- even when he's criticizing our players and Archie. ... But I did think his commenting last night on the officiating last night was -- kinda weird. It seemed every time we got a foul called on us, it was a great call. And every time Wisconsin was whistled for a foul, it was because the game was in "The Hall of Calls." ... I've watched just about every IU game he has called this season, and I think they way he called last night's game was, as I said, ... a bit bizarre, especially with regard to the refs.  ... The free throws were 27 for us 25 for them (relatively even), but we had 24 fouls to their 17, so I'm not sure there was reason for anybody to cry about a disparity.

And it felt like Dan rubbed off on the other announcer. At the beginning, it wasn’t bad but by halftime it felt like they were both complaining anytime Wiscy fouled IU. It was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Copied and pasted a quote from Race in the article loved what he said here and hope all Hoosier come in with this attitude.

“I’ll really do anything I can to win the game,” Thompson said. “I don’t care about points. I don’t care about rebounds. I’ll put my body on the line for my guys, dive on the floor, take a charge; I don’t really care.”

That's awesome. Exactly the kind of player we want at IU.

Yeah I am not really a fan, but his commentating usually doesn’t bother me. The elbow from Happ and when he swore Davis tugged on Happ’s jersey annoyed me. Well those and when RP wasn’t near the ball and they went to the monitor. But the elbow play and the jersey tugging were just both so obvious in our favor. He goes so over the top in the other direction. There were plays Wisconsin was clearly fouled and he went nuts on. Those didn’t bother me. Because those were right. If Morgan elbowed Happ in the side of the head would be have acted the same as when Morgan was elbowed? I personally don’t think so.

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I was there and the calls were bad both ways.Hall of calls,what a joke.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It's one thing to say it.

It's another thing to do it.

Until last night Race Thompson had played 22 minutes of college basketball - and he was merely 'saying it'.

Last night he played 21 minutes. And, in his very first game with extended time on the court ...he did it.

This man has a way with words.  

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It's one thing to say it.

It's another thing to do it.

Until last night Race Thompson had played 22 minutes of college basketball - and he was merely 'saying it'.

Last night he played 21 minutes. And, in his very first game with extended time on the court ...he did it.

I’ve given Archie a lot of heat but very happy with Rob, Jake and Race as 4 year players. Damezi not sure what to make so far. And obviously Jerome is a WC

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He doesn't just "not have a bias for IU", he's incredibly biased against IU when he calls our games. He can say whatever he wants on his radio show. He's supposed to be a professional when he calls games and he was anything but that last night. All the other people who do our games manage to not be biased in IU's favor while also not trashing us any chance they get. 

He was so biased that at the end of the game he commented somewheres along the line 'good win for the Indiana Hoosiers... MY TEAM!'

9 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

He was so biased that at the end of the game he commented somewheres along the line 'good win for the Indiana Hoosiers... MY TEAM!'

A pro-IU quip at the end doesn't cancel out his commentary throughout a double overtime game. If he still thinks of IU as his team he has a funny way of showing support. 

Very well said. I’m not a huge Dakich fan, but I don’t mind his commentary most of the time. However, let night was a little frustrating with the Hall of Calls crap. He never said a word in the first half about the calls, but complained the rest of the game about fouls because it barely favored IU. He was over the top last night, and got really annoying, but I don’t let it bother my enjoyment or anger towards the game lol.