Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Wisconsin at Indiana Game Thread - ESPN - 9:00pm

On 2/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, Hoosier Guy said:

Exactly. He’s real. He doesn’t sugarcoat his words. Some people don’t like that

I normally don't mind Dakich and it doesn't bother me when he calls out bad play or coaching. His repeated nonsense about the fouls was a little over the top and annoying. IU used to get home cooking at the Hall, but those times have long passed. I mean JM takes a elbow to the head and Dak called it a 'basketball play'. DD grabs the guy jersey and Dak wanted a Flagrant. By rule (I'm not sure) that might be a flagrant, but come on man.

I actually turned off the sound about mid way through the 2nd half. Both Dak and the other guy were simply getting on my nerves. I would prefer that Dakich coverage non-IU games and not talk about IU. I know that isn't going to happen.

That is all... 

49 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I normally don't mind Dakich and it doesn't bother me when he calls out bad play or coaching. His repeated nonsense about the fouls was a little over the top and annoying. IU used to get home cooking at the Hall, but those times have long passed. I mean JM takes a elbow to the head and Dak called it a 'basketball play'. DD grabs the guy jersey and Dak wanted a Flagrant. By rule (I'm not sure) that might be a flagrant, but come on man.

I actually turned off the sound about mid way through the 2nd half. Both Dak and the other guy were simply getting on my nerves. I would prefer that Dakich coverage non-IU games and not talk about IU. I know that isn't going to happen.

That is all... 

What gets me is when people say Dakich hates IU. He doesn’t hate IU. He’s tough on them because he wants them be good again

What gets me is when people say Dakich hates IU. He doesn’t hate IU. He’s tough on them because he wants them be good again

And it helps Dan A LOT. I think he wants IU to be good. However, even if IU were good I believe he’d carry on with his acts to get listeners. It’s who he is.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

And it helps Dan A LOT. I think he wants IU to be good. However, even if IU were good I believe he’d carry on with his acts to get listeners. It’s who he is.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s a parasite he’s going to do whatever he has to do to benefit off of IU. He will be a shock jock when we are doing bad criticizing everything usually out of proportion but if we are doing good he will be a suck up doing puff pieces. 

Place still looked pretty full on tv and it ended at what like 11:45?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It was not. Many many empty seats. The sections opposite the players benches were quite barren. I’d even say that it was not quite 80% capacity even from the start. As double ot began, it was maybe 75%. There were noticeable bald spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Great game to watch live. So glad I decided to go. Some thoughts....The collapse in the 2nd half was IMO (this may have been mentioned by some of you fine folks, I’m not willing to check) anyway, IMO a combination of poor shot selection by the wrong people, and Archie got caught with a really bad lineup. For an inexplicable stretch of about 4-5 minutes, he had Romeo, Rob, and Juwan on the bench at the same time. I don’t think most of the crowd really noticed what was happening there. I sure as f did, and was screaming for a time out like a crazy person. None came. That lineup, and the lack of a timeout to halt momentum frankly scares the crap out of me. The Green Foul.....ouch. That really just sucked all the life out of the building. Not shock though, it was more a feeling of “yeah, figured something like that would happen”. I’d say it seemed expected. That’s sad. Also, with exception of the beautiful game winning play by Romeo, we need to work on some plays for that late clock situation.. my goodness those looked super “wing it” from my vantage point.
Last Note: Could you hear the woman doing the bird whistle as our players shot free throws? Annoying AF right? That’s Demetric Trice’s mother. She was sitting next to her husband, Trice’s father, for his tv interview.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 2/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

A pro-IU quip at the end doesn't cancel out his commentary throughout a double overtime game. If he still thinks of IU as his team he has a funny way of showing support. 

He literally makes every IU game about his experience there.  Just like TV Teddy, sometimes you have to realize you aren't the show.  Nobody decides to watch a basketball game because of who is announcing it.  A good television guy keeps an extra few around who would have turned the game off when it isn't close.  A bad television guy is one that people are still talking about the next day.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, Joe DeLow said:

I think Dakich honestly just lets his personal emotions get in the way and gets so mad at how they are playing and just gets angry.

I think he lets his pocketbook get in the way.  Bring neutral doesn't get you listeners on the radio.  I do blame ESPN for constantly putting him on IU games.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

He literally makes every IU game about his experience there.  Just like TV Teddy, sometimes you have to realize you aren't the show.  Nobody decides to watch a basketball game because of who is announcing it.  A good television guy keeps an extra few around who would have turned the game off when it isn't close.  A bad television guy is one that people are still talking about the next day.

Truth. He needs to be a professional, and he’s not. Makes it about him and taunts IU to shock and drive ratings the next day on his radio show.  ESPN hates/punishes IU with him. He can have good insight, but his bitter history w IU makes him insufferable when he’s calling our games - as was loudly prounounced the other night.

2 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

Great game to watch live. So glad I decided to go. Some thoughts....The collapse in the 2nd half was IMO (this may have been mentioned by some of you fine folks, I’m not willing to check) anyway, IMO a combination of poor shot selection by the wrong people, and Archie got caught with a really bad lineup. For an inexplicable stretch of about 4-5 minutes, he had Romeo, Rob, and Juwan on the bench at the same time. I don’t think most of the crowd really noticed what was happening there. I sure as f did, and was screaming for a time out like a crazy person. None came. That lineup, and the lack of a timeout to halt momentum frankly scares the crap out of me. The Green Foul.....ouch. That really just sucked all the life out of the building. Not shock though, it was more a feeling of “yeah, figured something like that would happen”. I’d say it seemed expected. That’s sad. Also, with exception of the beautiful game winning play by Romeo, we need to work on some plays for that late clock situation.. my goodness those looked super “wing it” from my vantage point.
Last Note: Could you hear the woman doing the bird whistle as our players shot free throws? Annoying AF right? That’s Demetric Trice’s mother. She was sitting next to her husband, Trice’s father, for his tv interview.

He should never have Romeo and JM off of the floor at the same time and never Green with Romeo when JM is sitting. I've noticed all season long that Green tries to control the game more when Juwan is out and seems to freeze Romeo from the ball. I like RP running pg with Romeo and if not avoidable Green when JM is out there with Landford sitting.

It was not. Many many empty seats. The sections opposite the players benches were quite barren. I’d even say that it was not quite 80% capacity even from the start. As double ot began, it was maybe 75%. There were noticeable bald spots.

I was sitting on the side behind the benches so I only have the view from the side opposite of the benches but here is the view before and after the game:

12 seconds before National Anthem:

IMG_9413.thumb.jpg.f640f09653871fe6bb3b04d9422db9a7.jpg

Right after the game during team handshakes:

IMG_9414.thumb.jpg.3f4fd31e560e5f8751368d89fd7e2e35.jpg

Now the side I was sitting on had holes but don’t think they were anywhere as noticeable as the other side as pictured above.

14 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

I was surprised at the amount of empty seats from the start.We bought tickets early on expecting the season to look a little different than it has ,well actually a lot different.We probably could have got them for a fourth of what we paid at tip-off. Still no regrets, great game.

I was surprised at the amount of empty seats from the start.We bought tickets early on expecting the season to look a little different than it has ,well actually a lot different.We probably could have got them for a fourth of what we paid at tip-off. Still no regrets, great game.

Yeah, same with us. I purchased after the first Purdue loss. I believe they had dropped their 4th straight with that one. I got section D row 16 for just north of 80 a piece. I picked them up because the prices had been well into the hundreds for that area, and I thought I had gotten the deal of the century. Of course, I never expected what would happen over the next month. Like I said in another thread, with frustrations mounting, I tried to sell them back to StubHub, but really had no chance of recovering my money as the prices for seats all around me had dropped into the mid 40’s. So we went. I got my money’s worth and more. It was still awesome, still loud. But yeah, even from the start, the wife commented that the place was empty. The only games I have taken her to had been over Christmas break. I wanted to show her what it was really like when that place really got jacked up with the students and all. Oh well, whatever. We saw a great game for a reasonable price. I’m cool with it.