Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Wisconsin at Indiana Game Thread - ESPN - 9:00pm

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Just going to enjoy it the win.  We haven't had many against Wisky in the past decade.  Certainly enjoy any game where Brad Davison plays that bad.

As much as I don't like the love Happ gets from refs, he's been a hell of  a player.  

Respect what Happ has done with a limited skill set.  Not sure it translates well to the next level.  

6 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

It would take winning out, and getting to championship game of the BTT to even get a look.  Race Thompson in the mix, Deron getting more minutes, Heck, Smith didn't play too badly tonight, who knows.  Play hungry.  Green, meh.  Hoosiers may have their full complement of players for the first time to wind down the season, sans Hunter. 

Nah 2 wins gets us a look. 19-15 with tons of good wins and no bad losses

21 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Imagine a world where kids stayed 4 years......

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app

You mean Zion, Barrett, Reddish and Jones together for three more years? LOL.

They could win a NBA conference title their senior year and Coach K would be granted sainthood.

I really like Race. For a guy thrust into action, he’s in the right place and making the right play A LOT, even if he isn’t stuffing the stat sheet. We need more guys like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

When the clock was stopped at 0.7 I started having flashbacks to the Charlotte game in '04 when DJ White scored and then our clock operator fell asleep on the final play.
Wiscy called a timeout correct...?? If so, how was the inbound player allowed to run the baseline throwing it in bounds?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

When the clock was stopped at 0.7 I started having flashbacks to the Charlotte game in '04 when DJ White scored and then our clock operator fell asleep on the final play.
Wiscy called a timeout correct...?? If so, how was the inbound player allowed to run the baseline throwing it in bounds?

13 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

I really like Race. For a guy thrust into action, he’s in the right place and making the right play A LOT, even if he isn’t stuffing the stat sheet. We need more guys like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I also have liked what I have seen from him.  Jakes and Moore’s limiited minutes just got even more limited. From a physical and “knowing where to be” standpoint I think he is way ahead of both.

Great small moment. 1st OT. Brad Davison catches a pass on the right wing in a scramble situation. Race has to close out about 10 ft to get to the shooter. If it’s Davis, he doesn’t get there and Davison’s got an open 3. It it’s Smith or Juwan they probably close out of control, Davison puts a little shot fake on them and gets to the rim for an easy finish. Race closes hard and urgently, but perfectly under control. Hand up, feet under him. Takes away the shot and gives him no angle to attack. Perfect defensive play. Race was so good tonight.

My college coach would have said, “That boy’s been taking notes.”  

Wondering...  A couple of weeks ago, a few guys were killing me for saying we didn't "need" DeVonte Green.  Are those thoughts still there?   Guy played just 11 minutes; and STILL managed to give away 4 possessions and almost single handedly cost Indiana the game with those, and a completely boneheaded defensive play.

4 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

That's legal as long as it's following a made basket or free throw.

What I didn't understand was why the game was stopped when they didn't call a timeout. They took a timeout AFTER play had been stopped. Langford scores, and the officials immediately start blowing their whistles and waving their arms like they're reffing a football game. It was weird.

Just now, Old Friend said:

Wondering...  A couple of weeks ago, a few guys were killing me for saying we didn't "need" DeVonte Green.  Are those thoughts still there?   Guy played just 11 minutes; and STILL managed to give away 4 possessions and almost single handedly cost Indiana the game with those, and a completely boneheaded defensive play.

His step-back airball three that landed him on the bench for an extended time was his best play of the night LOL. That was a minor win. 

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

His step-back airball three that landed him on the bench for an extended time was his best play of the night LOL. That was a minor win. 

I would think by now Archie has seen enough.   It took a while; but I truly hope people can see what that guy is.  Hell, we were up 13 when he came into the game, quickly up just 7 when he left, and we lost momentum almost immediately.   He just needs to go away.

1 minute ago, Old Friend said:

I would think by now Archie has seen enough.   It took a while; but I truly hope people can see what that guy is.  Hell, we were up 13 when he came into the game, quickly up just 7 when he left, and we lost momentum almost immediately.   He just needs to go away.

True. Would feel a lot better if our guards could be more careful and not foul out