Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE vs Cincinnati

I don't know who to blame for this but something is missing. Certainly Mercer made every move I would of today going with your starter for 5 innings than Kruger in 6th who is often our best reliever and he screwed us over.

I saw one fundamental mistake today and it didn't cost us (I only started watching in 6th). On the tag out to end the 7th when Cincy tried to steal a run with a double steal with runners on 1st and 3rd IU threw over to 2nd and forgot about the runner coming home but fortunately we got the tag down in the pickle between 1st and 2nd before runner at 3rd crossed plate. This happened regularly in lower D1 baseball I worked and you are taught in this situation after the throw to 2nd to immediately come home and start the pickle there which IU didn't but it was no harm no foul.

Other than that we just got beat by the one Cincy guy who had the bases clearing double and HR. I don't know if we lack confidence but we better get this figured out fast. This is a bad loss but its on the road so its less costly. Can't lose any of the 4 to Canius this weekend at home as they are just as lowly ranked and that will kill our RPI which was strong coming into today due to a very strong schedule even if we are not always winning against elite teams. Before today we were at least taking care of bad teams hence the high RPI.