Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUBASE vs Cincinnati

I'd like to bash this ump for a wide strike zone but I actually know the guy and like him (not getting into how I do and its been a while since I've seen him) so I'll just say he's applying it equally and calls strike 3 on IU to end the 2nd on a borderline pitch (part of it may be its not the greatest camera).

IU tacks on 2 in 8th and wins 7-1! 

Really nice pitching from Beauchamp and Kruger out of the bullpen was the biggest key. Our hitting still struggled but was very timely with the Fineman double and the Barr homer to break the tie early and hold on from there. Overall this is a Cincy team we have struggled with recently so nice to get this win and bounce back after the debacle in Knoxville this weekend. 

Back at it tomorrow at 3pm vs. Butler.

In honor of the win since they play it every time IU wins at the Bart here is a link to "Back to Indiana" by the Elms:

Part deux today @ 4 pm. No starter yet.

RPI/SOS: IU - 17/12, Cincy - 238/195

• Indiana baseball returns to the Midwest this week begining with a midweek contest at the Cincinnati Bearcats.

• Tuesday will be the 31st ever meeting between IU and Cincinnati, as the two squads last met on February 26 this season, a 7-1 victory for the Hoosiers.

• Indiana leads the all-time series between the two schools, 19-11.

Stream

Live Stats

Radio

These are the games we need to win now. We split the toughest part of our schedule which puts us in decent shape but if we want to continue to keep that high RPI and get at large bid for a regional again we have to beat the teams we are supposed to starting today as schedule lightens up.