Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Player Insurance Policies

With the news coming out about Zion’s injury and subsequent $8,000,000 insurance policy, I had a couple questions.   I wasn’t surprised to hear he had this policy, but I was shocked to find out that Duke was paying for it for him.   Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but how is this monitored? 

I would think this would be a recruiting advantage for schools willing to pay for larger policies.   Is there any way to see who has a policy?   Romeo was projected lottery prior to this season, does that mean INDIANA is probably shelling out for an insurance policy for him?  This was completely foreign to me that schools could pay for this.  Can anyone help me understand this a little better?

With the news coming out about Zion’s injury and subsequent $8,000,000 insurance policy, I had a couple questions.   I wasn’t surprised to hear he had this policy, but I was shocked to find out that Duke was paying for it for him.   Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but how is this monitored? 
I would think this would be a recruiting advantage for schools willing to pay for larger policies.   Is there any way to see who has a policy?   Romeo was projected lottery prior to this season, does that mean INDIANA is probably shelling out for an insurance policy for him?  This was completely foreign to me that schools could pay for this.  Can anyone help me understand this a little better?
[/url]  

I heard talk of this a few years ago but didn’t know it was approved. I believe this is the NCAA trying to negate having to pay players. I’d be shocked if Romeo didn’t have an insurance policy.

Mr. Williamson made a lot of money off Zion going to Dook.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app