Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana at Iowa Game Thread: 2/22 - 9:00pm - FS1

Looks like he was fouled on his crossover well before the shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Green is such a conundrum. Incredibly quick hands and sometimes has the ball on a string, and then other times seems to have no control. If we could just combine Green's ball handling and playmaking with Rob's IQ, we would have a great player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but I was was referring to Fitzgerald going o for the world from 3 if they might have got him going from closer he may have snapped out of it. Seemed like all he did was come in and shoot a few threes and that was it

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I think his 3’s should have been shot from 3’ closer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I had been screaming at my TV to get someone in the middle of that zone who can score from there.   Nobody's going to beat a zone on the perimeter.  Why did that take 8 minutes to figure out??  Well done, Fitzner.   Now....you cannot front the post with nobody behind.  Wonder if they'll figure THAT out?

Just now, monskisprodigy said:

Romeo has taken what...2 shots? His involvement is to catch the ball up top, hand it off, and then going to stand in the corner. Don’t really understand it. 

And he does so 22 feet from the rim.  It's baffling.

I’m really tired of getting bent over by the refs. For the Love of God, we have enough issues without flat out bad officiating. I **** you not .. I still think we’re still paying for all the abuse Coach Knight gave officials when he was at IU. News flash...,he’s been gone for a good bit. ...Refs take your poker out of our 4th point of contact..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

He's just not quite talented enough to be entertaining to me. Troy on the other hand... Literally one of my favorite basketball players ever. That dude regularly does things in his g league games that blow me away. 

It’s not necessarily his talent for me, it’s the onions:lack of talent ratio I think. He’s either going to do something mind-numbingly stupid, or mind-blowingly (not a word) awesome, but he’s always going to do *something*. And in a 13-13 season, you have to find something to be entertained by. 

Totally agree about Troy. Drove me nuts but he was friggin awesome to watch. 

I had been screaming at my TV to get someone in the middle of that zone who can score from there.   Nobody's going to beat a zone on the perimeter.  Why did that take 8 minutes to figure out??  Well done, Fitzner.   Now....you cannot front the post with nobody behind.  Wonder if they'll figure THAT out?

Agree on the fronting, especially with a smaller player like Race. It was just too easy to loft a pass to Garza with no behind help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They don’t just do Big Ten games and they don’t call the game the same way in other conferences. It’s a Big Ten “where bodying, slapping, shoving, grabbing, holding, etc. lives.”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You can shove, body, grab and hold without any calls and then get called for a ticky/tacky foul or a moving screen 30 feet from the basket.  They are just really bad.

I’m really tired of getting bent over by the refs. For the Love of God, we have enough issues without flat out bad officiating. I **** you not .. I still think we’re still paying for all the abuse Coach Knight gave officials when he was at IU. News flash...,he’s been gone for a good bit. ...Refs take your poker out of our 4th point of contact..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haha some good ol military humor! I get so many weird looks when I say 4th point of contact!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app