Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana at Iowa Game Thread: 2/22 - 9:00pm - FS1

When everybody sucks that’s an empty threat. You have to make them. His teams are consistently garbage he needs to do something different. 

I’m not exactly sure where you “when everybody sucks” is coming from cause the stat sheet says JMO 2/3, Romeo 4/5, Rob 3/4, Davis 2/4 from the line, and DG 1/4, Al 0/2. So 2 out of the 6 players shot horribly from the line; but everybody sucks?
If you are so negative about IU basketball, why don’t you try something else for a little while. You are catching flack from 2 different sites on your comments about the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I think Romeo should stay one more year. I think he should definitely test the waters and get feedback but no way will he play significant minutes next year in the NBA. I mean if his ultimate goal is to just be on a NBA team then go. But if he wants to play in the NBA he needs to stay. His list of things he needs to improve on grows each game. 

The chances of that happening earlier in the week were slim to none. The chance of it happening after Williamson spraining his knee is “no f****** way.”

I think Romeo should stay one more year. I think he should definitely test the waters and get feedback but no way will he play significant minutes next year in the NBA. I mean if his ultimate goal is to just be on a NBA team then go. But if he wants to play in the NBA he needs to stay. His list of things he needs to improve on grows each game. 
True but they still have in in the top ten so very unlikly. The NBA just loves him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I’m not exactly sure where you “when everybody sucks” is coming from cause the stat sheet says JMO 2/3, Romeo 4/5, Rob 3/4, Davis 2/4 from the line, and DG 1/4, Al 0/2. So 2 out of the 6 players shot horribly from the line; but everybody sucks?
If you are so negative about IU basketball, why don’t you try something else for a little while. You are catching flack from 2 different sites on your comments about the game.

The team is 300th+ at FTs In the nation. Pretty sure I saw nobody is hitting higher than 75%. That’s bad. That’s really bad. 

1 minute ago, Bigred3588 said:

The chances of that happening earlier in the week were slim to none. The chance of it happening after Williamson spraining his knee is “no f****** way.”

I’m not saying he shouldn’t go because like I said I’m not a pro scout. I just think he truly doesn’t do one thing exceptionally well outside of driving with his right hand. I think he’s destined next year to be on the bench of a NBA team unfortunately. 

We lost this game at the line and around the bucket along with some boneheaded decisions late.

The officials continue to amaze me..

Cook jumps from a set position with both feet off the ground. Okay, they miss the obvious travel. Green smacks down and the ball comes out the opposite way. Physics tells me that’s off Cook. Why wasn’t there another angle? Odd

Romeo throws up a prayer that Morgan rebounds and gets clobbered. No foul. The color commentator starts on that play but they don’t show the replay. After commercials, they come back to show the shot but notice they show nothing after that. Odd

50,087 IU players and coaches are signaling timeout and screaming for 5 seconds before a ref gives them the timeout. Odd

Play after play Garza, Kleinruwidie, and Cook look like their linebackers making a tackle on our guards chasing their shooters. Was there a single moving screened called on one of these plays? Odd

The Big Ten officials, coming from the Big Ten offices, are ****. They know exactly what they’re doing in this league. It’s open ******* season on a lottery shooting guard. Anyone that wants to take their hit on him feel free because the Big Ten is a “mans league.”

Rob, Al, Juwan, Devonte, Romeo make your freaking free throws and you have a great win!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Add in Morgan getting fouled on a 3 that resulted in a side out. Makes perfect sense. Not saying he would have hit any of the free throws.

I’m seriously considering creating a website to breakdown how bad Big Ten officials are at their job. However, they’d probably come after me for using their videos.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Paul George just had the same end of game scenario as Langford had tonight. Instead of settling,  George crosses over Joe Ingles and makes a 12 ft floater for the win. The staff needs to show him that play over and over. When you’re the superior athlete, never freaking settle.

Dude. I quoted you and I'm not going to "ignore" you because whether or not you bludgeon a dead horse you often speak truth. This instance I didn't agree with your agenda. That's all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

I have no agenda. I was at my kids game. I want iu to succeed period

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The team is 300th+ at FTs In the nation. Pretty sure I saw nobody is hitting higher than 75%. That’s bad. That’s really bad. 

Yeah their percent for the season sucks cause of the beginning of the season, there has been an increase in percentage since. Example Romeo is shooting much better from the line now than at the beginning. The overall may not be to your liking but it is improving.

15 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I looked at the most recent ESPN, CBS and NBADRAFT.NET mocks and they have Romeo going 6,6,13th.  He’s a goner. 

3 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Yeah their percent for the season sucks cause of the beginning of the season, there has been an increase in percentage since. Example Romeo is shooting much better from the line now than at the beginning. The overall may not be to your liking but it is improving.

If that were remotely true their ranking would have gone up somewhat. They have actually gone down from 314 to 318 and that is without this dismal game

Romeo has improved to a 78% in conference. Hardly something to write home about. 

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

I looked at the most recent ESPN, CBS and NBADRAFT.NET mocks and they have Romeo going 6,6,13th.  He’s a goner. 

Ya I’m afraid he’s one of those players drafted high with sky high potential who constantly is traded “as the center piece” for the first few years of his career and never gets to develop.

Big ten officiating is consistently inconsistent and bad.   IMO, it's routinely awful and has been for a long time.

I know some like to blame them for losses and others ignore the impact a bad call can have.  But I will say that tonight's game is about as vocal as I've ever heard Don Fischer commenting on the refereeing.

7 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I’m not saying he shouldn’t go because like I said I’m not a pro scout. I just think he truly doesn’t do one thing exceptionally well outside of driving with his right hand. I think he’s destined next year to be on the bench of a NBA team unfortunately. 

Oh I completely agree and I was holding out a sliver of hope that he might consider another season but after what happened with Williamson I can’t even see him considering it.

After further thought yes. The absolutely awful play ran for a Romeo 30+ ft. jumpshot. However in OT the same absoulte stupidity didn't happen. Ok with that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes it did. Winston hit an absolute prayer with 30 seconds left in OT, when we were up 4. Made us send De’Ron Davis to the line to seal it. Two biggest free throws of his life. I feel it’s also necessary to point out we had 3 turnovers in overtime. One of those came on a terrible, terrible timed fumble by Al, immediately following Winston’s 3. It was complete disaster at the time. Winston came a fingertip away man.

6 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Oh I completely agree and I was holding out a sliver of hope that he might consider another season but after what happened with Williamson I can’t even see him considering it.

It would just be nice to catch a break and get lucky with Romeo another year