Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Thanks Str8. What was confusing me was the midseason transfer or dropout. I assumed that applied to end of season transfers as well. Silly me expecting the NCAA to make something clear and sensical.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nope, that is why we have to keep Green & Smith and keep them happy until then... at least happy enough to not quit the team or their classes.

There has to be a point when players can leave without repercussion simply because of graduating players. Schools shouldn't be (and aren't) dinged for a player not coming back once they have graduated and/or used up their eligibility, that is why they do the mid-season and not end of season transfers etc.

15 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

If the cancers from this team are gone next year and they were ones who treated Romeo like crap...any chance he stays next year to play with TJD, Armaan, and Keion (if he comes) and have a more enjoyable, successful experience? 

No, because we aren't allowed to have nice things anymore.

30 minutes ago, ray said:

UNC basketball won a national championship shortly after multiple athletes from multiple sports were caught red-handed with transcripts (in their red hands) listing nonexistent courses.

Maybe I just don’t understand the whole APR thing either, bigrod? 

Those are two separate issues.

APR has to do with kids taking and getting decent grades in their classes. 

The NCAA, however, decided that the University of No Classes athletes must have the required minimum grade point averages but are exempt from actually taking real classes. I will puke if they win another championship this year.

If the cancers from this team are gone next year and they were ones who treated Romeo like crap...any chance he stays next year to play with TJD, Armaan, and Keion (if he comes) and have a more enjoyable, successful experience? 

Wait. I missed something but what is the story with people treating Romeo badly?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I’d put this at 0.1% chance he comes back.  Going to be a top 10 pick, potentially top 5.  While he could develop, he’d be an idiot to risk injury for another year.   He’ll enjoy his experience next year being a millionaire :)

I’d put this at 0.1% chance he comes back.  Going to be a top 10 pick, potentially top 5.  While he could develop, he’d be an idiot to risk injury for another year.   He’ll enjoy his experience next year being a millionaire :)

No doubt romeo is gone, any chance of him coming back probably ended with zions injury.

so what I am hearing is this can be put squarely on the shoulders of Fred Glass. How did he allow Crean to do this to the program for 3 straight years? Crean and Glass buried us then and still are if this is indeed a driving factor in our woes

Obviously people think Crean had it way worse when he took the IU job when Archie did based off talent level...Archie had more talent than Crean had, yada yada, which is true. Well at least Crean had players that wanted to be there and played hard for their coach. Even though Crean had less talent, what Archie seems to be going through with his hands being tied with who he could and couldn’t have on the team and dealing with their attitudes and lack of effort can be just as bad. To think if Archie was able to have things how he wanted it when he got here by getting rid of a handful of guys he didn’t see fit right off the bat, things would obviously be way different than they are now and we most likely wouldn’t be dealing with any of the lack of effort levels and attitudes we are now. Heck I feel just as bad for Archie than I did for Crean when he first took over the program.....and then to realize Crean and Glass may have f’ed up the APR so bad that Archie had to deal with having his hands tied and keep players around that probably didn’t want to be there and since they had to stay, affecting their attitudes towards the new coach, makes me feel MORE sorry for Archie. This roster management really is probably a nightmare scenario for Archie knowing he’s got a bunch of kids he calls quiet and lack leadership, etc. These first couple years have been a do what you can with what you’ve got type of thing, and this year really endes up being bad because the negative attitudes really came out into the open. Props to Archie for keeping calm and dealing with it like a professional until the end of the season. 

13 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

No doubt romeo is gone, any chance of him coming back probably ended with zions injury.

100% agree with this. These elite dudes... really makes so sense for them to play college ball and risk it all for nothing. I think we just saw the end of one and done with that injury. 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, arobbins23 said:

13:04 mark for those who want to watch it. It's very obvious. 100 percent being an a**hole.

I deleted my copy (0n Xfinity).

Is there somewhere I can find a copy?

14 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

so what I am hearing is this can be put squarely on the shoulders of Fred Glass. How did he allow Crean to do this to the program for 3 straight years? Crean and Glass buried us then and still are if this is indeed a driving factor in our woes

I thought it was all Archie's fault??

I do not but IMO I just don't see him being this level of a player. I know it's too soon and others don't like me saying it but I think he was a bad evaluation on the coaches part. 
I totally agree.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Smith’s dad after the game after seeing his son benched the whole second half  

3B5808F4-BFF5-412C-9AAF-8F9021EAFB2C.thumb.jpeg.796e9527b0cff73ac5edd89224e4928a.jpeg
CB9DFD1A-200A-4566-B8ED-2B2A73B6E14B.thumb.jpeg.42b185893d50fb2c03883a9b75a5cffe.jpeg

Now sir.. the reason we almost win this game is because your son was on the bench. Now let’s put Green there next game along side of him and I bet we win.

Free Jake!!