Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

12 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You mean eyewitness accounts or a clip without context and our interpretations of the clip?

Both are absolutely with bias. I watched live and my personal opinion is that the timing and actions were weird as hell.

It was definitely strange behavior.  We're agreed there.  Anything else that was gleaned from it is up to personal interpretation.  Imo, seeing everybody laughing and playing well as a team makes me believe it's been severely over dramatized by this board.  Bashing these kids is a very bad look.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The problem with that is if he gets mad and quits it hurts our APR. Then you could lose practices or even maybe a postseason ban. So I think you have to ride it out and dismiss this at the end of the season. 

What came first....the postseason ban, or banning yourself from it by all the losses?  

Lol...seriously though...I hear that Archie's hand was forced due to APR issues.  Can you expand a little bit?  If a coach releases a signed recruit before he ever enrolls, does that hurt your APR?  I ask because Archie kept all 3 of Crean's recruits.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

It was definitely strange behavior.  We're agreed there.  Anything else that was gleaned from it is up to personal interpretation.  Imo, seeing everybody laughing and playing well as a team makes me believe it's been severely over dramatized by this board.  Bashing these kids is a very bad look.

Playing well as a team? We've lost 11 of 12. We win like we shoot free throws, not very well. I've seen what I have described with my own eyes many times last summer. I can tell you that what is being described from last game is 100% correct. I got it straight from someone involved. 

The way it was explained to me about the APR was yes he was told to keep all 3 signed recruits because of the APR situation that Crean left us. I'm guessing there are other people on here that know how the APR works better than me. I know for sure that Archie told a former player that some of these guys don't belong here but his hand was forced to keep them. That was last summer. 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He wanted to get rid of some of these guys at the end of last summer wasn't able too. Crean left us in a terrible situation with the APR that has forced his hand to handle this delicately. 

Why cant people understand this? Achie's hands are tied to some extent.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Playing well as a team? We've lost 11 of 12. We win like we shoot free throws, not very well. I've seen what I have described with my own eyes many times last summer. I can tell you that what is being described from last game is 100% correct. I got it straight from someone involved. 

The way it was explained to me about the APR was yes he was told to keep all 3 signed recruits because of the APR situation that Crean left us. I'm guessing there are other people on here that know how the APR works better than me. I know for sure that Archie told a former player that some of these guys don't belong here but his hand was forced to keep them. That was last summer. 

I agree, we've played terrible as a team.  Against Purdump is the first time I've seen them play well since November.  That's what I was referencing.

I've heard the Archie story too, I'm just fact checking it.  It makes me curious since he booted Gelon and kept all the recruits.

Does anybody know?  If you release a signed recruit before he ever enrolls, does that affect your APR?

40 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He wanted to get rid of some of these guys at the end of last summer wasn't able too. Crean left us in a terrible situation with the APR that has forced his hand to handle this delicately. 

Just a question.. I am confused .  If he decides to cut some loose after this academic year, how would that be different than last year? Will we still take a hit? Or when you say " he wasn't able too" , do you mean he was not allowed too.  So confusing. If was not allowed too last summer, will that be any different this summer?  Just curious. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

I agree, we've played terrible as a team.  Against Purdump is the first time I've seen them play well since November.  That's what I was referencing.

I've heard the Archie story too, I'm just fact checking it.  It makes me curious since he booted Gelon and kept all the recruits.

Does anybody know?  If you release a signed recruit before he ever enrolls, does that affect your APR?

Good question...would also be curious to know how this affects APR.

2 minutes ago, iamaparker1 said:

Just a question.. I am confused .  If he decides to cut some loose after this academic year, how would that be different than last year? Will we still take a hit? Or when you say " he wasn't able too" , do you mean he was not allowed too.  So confusing. If was not allowed too last summer, will that be any different this summer?  Just curious. Thanks.

I may be wrong, but I believe it was because of the poor scores in Creans last 2-3 season...our APR was so low, it couldnt withstand any additional roster turnover that would drive it below the threshold and result in a post season ban. 

Edited by monskisprodigy

10 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I may be wrong, but I believe it was because of the poor scores in Creans last 2-3 season...our APR was so low, it couldnt withstand any additional roster turnover that would drive it below the threshold and result in a post season ban. 

You are 100% correct

13 minutes ago, iamaparker1 said:

I  sent you a PM explaining how APR works

Here's a scenario I write about mainly in jest, but it's just a look at things from a different persepctive. And with the things the way they are now, you never know ... 

With being told he has to keep players he doesn't want (and those players causing more trouble than they're worth), with fans screaming derogatory things at him during games and writing nasty things about him on social media and calling for him to be fired and with all the other nonsense going on, Archie throws up his hands and says, "You know what? I've had enough. I'm tapping out. These people are unrealistic and just plain nuts."

He then goes to a place like Wake Forest, which has a pretty decent basketball history, and where Danny Manning's leash is apparently getting shorter and shorter.

Flash forward to 2024: After being allowed to run the program the way he wants and without much of the outside foolishness, the Deacons are a Top 10 team and get to the Elite Eight -- maybe the Final Four. 

Meanwhile (keep in mind, this is 2024): We're in the fourth year of the Dane Fife Era or Steve Alford Era (because to many, we JUST HAVE TO HAVE AN INDIANA GUY), and we're on our fourth year of finishing below fourth place in the B1G, haven't made it out of the quarterfinals of the B1G tournament and have won 20 or more games just once. After missing the NCAAs in two of the past three years, we're in, but are a No. 10 seed -- and lose to No. 7 seed Georgia in the opening round. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Here's a scenario I write about mainly in jest, but it's just a look at things from a different persepctive. And with the things the way they are now, you never know ... 

With being told he has to keep players he doesn't want (and those players causing more trouble than they're worth), with fans screaming derogatory things at him during games and writing nasty things about him on social media and calling for him to be fired and with all the other nonsense going on, Archie throws up his hands and says, "You know what? I've had enough. I'm tapping out. These people are unrealistic and just plain nuts."

He then goes to a place like Wake Forest, which has a pretty decent basketball history, and where Danny Manning's leash is apparently getting shorter and shorter.

Flash forward to 2024: After being allowed to run the program the way he wants and without much of the outside foolishness, the Deacons are a Top 10 team and get to the Elite Eight -- maybe the Final Four. 

Meanwhile (keep in mind, this is 2024): We're in the fourth year of the Dane Fife Era or Steve Alford Era (because to many, we JUST HAVE TO HAVE AN INDIANA GUY), and we're on our fourth year of finishing below fourth place in the B1G, haven't made it out of the quarterfinals of the B1G tournament and have won 20 or more games just once. After missing the NCAAs in two of the past three years, we're in, but are a No. 10 seed -- and lose to No. 7 seed Georgia in the opening round. 

Man, hurry and wake up from that nightmare.

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Unsubscribe

Mark me down as one of the people who doesn't understand the APR or why it was so bad after Crean left. I thought one of Crean's calling cards was getting his players to class and graduating. I don't understand how ours can be so bad when schools like Duke and Kentucky have a constant revolving door of players.

I agree, we've played terrible as a team.  Against Purdump is the first time I've seen them play well since November.  That's what I was referencing. I've heard the Archie story too, I'm just fact checking it.  It makes me curious since he booted Gelon and kept all the recruits. Does anybody know?  If you release a signed recruit before he ever enrolls, does that affect your APR?  

Played hard? Yes.

Played well? 46 points, 27.3% from the field, 61.1% from the line 17 turnovers is not playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Mark me down as one of the people who doesn't understand the APR or why it was so bad after Crean left. I thought one of Crean's calling cards was getting his players to class and graduating. I don't understand how ours can be so bad when schools like Duke and Kentucky have a constant revolving door of players.

Because Crean had tons of transfers the last several years. Not completely sure, but I don't think NBA defections hurt you in the APR the same way transfers do.