Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

Thanks for this one, 41. Wasn’t there supposed to be a comment somewhere from him saying that Justin wasn’t being utilized properly in the offense? One comment like that from his dad could solidify the thoughts an entitled kid is already having and embolden him to act out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

38 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

If Ed feels this way you know Justin does too. The team has been off every since Justin’s dad tweeted the first one. It’s sad that one or two bad apples can ruin the whole bushel.

Yeah, if Mr. Smith is that disgusted and adamant, then you know Justin is a lost cause now.

You're right, but that would be a tough pill to swallow. I'm guessing Coach Miller has really struggled between APR concerns and concerns about loosing his team. A couple of bad apples can cause big issues with chemistry. And that's not just related to basketball teams...
It's unfortunate, I think Green has so much potential and I really thought he was going improve this year. 

Completely agree. I was really hopeful on Green too. I am guessing just from what I have seen at the games I have been to (and said earlier in the year) if we were in a better spot APR wise I am sure we would be down a couple of players. These issues weren’t there last year. I didn’t see it on the bench last year. Just seems to be a lot of jealousy for this freshman class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Thanks for this one, 41. Wasn’t there supposed to be a comment somewhere from him saying that Justin wasn’t being utilized properly in the offense? One comment like that from his dad could solidify the thoughts an entitled kid is already having and embolden him to act out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There was.  It was back in January. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

When I watch the clip again, I see all his teammates smiling at him and getting along.  The team played well together for the first time since November.  It isn't at all how it's being portrayed on this board.

Please stop the player bashing.  

Yeah, except you combine this with other examples of, what appears to be, him mocking Archie, plus multiple people stating what they saw live was way different than the clip, the report locker room fight, and the suspension...

A lot of smoke coming from specific players. 

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

When I watch the clip again, I see all his teammates smiling at him and getting along.  The team played well together for the first time since November.  It isn't at all how it's being portrayed on this board.

Please stop the player bashing.  

If he was doing it in mocking manner then we have more to worry about than just Green and Smith.  The whole bench was smiling and laughing while he did it.

22 hours ago, Chris007 said:

No you have it exactly right except that Green was told to go sit by those two as soon as he came out and ignored them. That is when Schilling grabbed him and made him do it. 

He should've been sent to the lockers immediately. The coaches need to set a precedence that this behavior will not be tolerated. I'd say revoke their scholarships and send them packing, but I know that's impossible. I definitely don't think they need to practice or be anywhere around the team because they are cancerous.

43 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah, except you combine this with other examples of, what appears to be, him mocking Archie, plus multiple people stating what they saw live was way different than the clip, the report locker room fight, and the suspension...

A lot of smoke coming from specific players. 

There's smoke all over this program.

What's more reliable?  Eyewitness accounts or videotape?  Only one of these is without bias.

I have said before that Archie is stubbornly sticking with his way of doing things. I get that he wants to change the culture and he wants to do it his way. But how can you be so stubborn about that and let certain players totally screw up what you are trying to build? That is where the disconnect is for me if that is, in fact, what is happening .

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You mean eyewitness accounts or a clip without context and our interpretations of the clip?

Both are absolutely with bias. I watched live and my personal opinion is that the timing and actions were weird as hell.

I agree - I too watched it live and I thought it seemed totally out of place. I remember wondering why he was doing that.