Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

Thanks for the info on Green... from section A last night it appeared to be legit leadership and trying to pump up the team... definitely noticed multiple times Smith go directly to his seat and sit down when nearly everybody else went down the line giving 5s everytime they came out... I was going to come on here today and praise Green and complain about Smith..... glad I read the prior comments first. 

I've always been a Green supporter,  but this doesn't sound like something I can get behind. 

Yikes, just read through all that and honestly I just feel bad for guys like Juwan, Zach, Evan, and likely Romeo for their final college season to be negatively impacted by something like this. Juwan puts his heart and soul into this program—legitimately almost crying during the press conference last night —only to have his senior season ruined by negative attitudes like this. Romeo’s a once in a lifetime type talent to attend IU and his only season here had to go this way. Just sucks man.

Obviously I’d love to see Smith and Green kicked off as soon as possible. However I am worried for the slight chance one of them doesn’t in fact transfer and gets to play another year with “Indiana” draped over their chest. I hope to god they’re both gone if it was unclear.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

This is what I saw fwiw.

Maybe I'm just seeing things but did anyone else see Green when he was subbed out. He was jumping around high fiving everyone on the sidelines. Schilling looked pissed, grabbed him & told him to sit by Ostrom & Flint. . Greens enthusiasm looked over the top & a little odd. Almost like he was trying to make a mockery of what Archie said about players encouraging each other even if there on the bench. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into something that's completely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I also noticed that once when he was pulled out. At first it looked like he might have been fired up about the game and us making a little bit of a run (positively) but then the exaggerated, leaping chest bumps, acting like he just won 100million dollars etc soon made it clear that he was sarcastic/mocking and being a D@#K.

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

No, but had a close friend sitting right behind the bench tell me all about it this morning. I did see Green on TV get taken out early after a bad turnover and seemed to be jumping up down high fiving all of his teammates. I asked my friend about it, he said he was mocking the instructions of shaking everyone's hand when you come out. Also said they told him to sit between two coaches and he refused until Schilling grabbed him and put him in that seat. 

These entitled thinking kids make me sick. They're in for some hard life lessons down the road.

41 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

He got taken out because of a careless turnover yet he looks like he’s acting like he’s  jumping for joy over making a big time play or something...definitely looks like he’s over exaggerating and being a smart a**, in my opinion. Or maybe I’m just thinking it fits the narrative of all the other stuff he’s been doing. I’ve seen plenty of eye rolls, looking away when coaches try to talk to him, shaking his head, mocking movements, etc. 

He got taken out after Justin Smith ran straight into his back after pulling out of a 1-on-3 (or maybe 4), causing him to lose the ball after his ISS-style debris avoidance maneuver. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

He got taken out after Justin Smith ran straight into his back after pulling out of a 1-on-3 (or maybe 4), causing him to lose the ball after his ISS-style debris avoidance maneuver. 

Ah gotcha, thanks. I thought I saw somewhere it was when he turned it over by a bad pass out of bounds or something. 

Here is the event in question.  Doesn’t look nearly as bad as described here. 

Something seems off here. Several reports of those that were at the game recounting the disrespectful behavior of the two yet the video doesn’t look damning at all. Could it be a case of only being able to see snippets in the video and not hearing dialogue between the two players and coaches?

The fact that there are several reports of the same thing makes me wonder if we’re missing something from the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk