Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

JUCO: 6'4" SG Sean McNeil to West Virginia

Obviously seems early to offer but probably the type of guy who would go to purdue and light us up with 6 threes if we dont get him. Always happens.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Painter has been picking up his communication with Brown in recent weeks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No defense in AAU.  Get a better read from him in his sectional when he'll play better teams.

That’s not true. Yes Delta is a good team defensively. They will be playing a 2-3 zone more than likely. I have also seen plenty of high level AAU game that had defense being played. So that’s not always the case.

4 hours ago, ap2345 said:

That’s not true. Yes Delta is a good team defensively. They will be playing a 2-3 zone more than likely. I have also seen plenty of high level AAU game that had defense being played. So that’s not always the case.

What are you talking about "it's not true?"    They're in a sectional with Delta as you mentioned (who's 22-0, 23rd in Sagarin right now...of 410), Hamilton Heights who is 14-8 and 8-2 in 3A this season; and New Castle who's 12-9, #48 in Sagarin with a top 50 schedule.

Blackford has played 4 teams all year 3A and above.  They will absolutely play better teams in sectionals.  What are you smoking??

What are you talking about "it's not true?"    They're in a sectional with Delta as you mentioned (who's 22-0, 23rd in Sagarin right now...of 410), Hamilton Heights who is 14-8 and 8-2 in 3A this season; and New Castle who's 12-9, #48 in Sagarin with a top 50 schedule.
Blackford has played 4 teams all year 3A and above.  They will absolutely play better teams in sectionals.  What are you smoking??

I was referring to AAU not playing defense. Some teams do and some teams don’t. Yes I know Delta very well I’ve coached against them this year and watched them a few times as I have almost every team in the sectional.

39 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I was referring to AAU not playing defense. Some teams do and some teams don’t. Yes I know Delta very well I’ve coached against them this year and watched them a few times as I have almost every team in the sectional.

This is why typed words suck.  I meant he'll play against better competition in his sectional than he has all season.  I coached in AAU for a while and have been on high school benches for 10 years.   Basketball in school when teams scout you and take away the better players (high school teams don't have the depth of talent AAU teams do) is a very different game than AAU which is more wide open.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Good stuff is Pendleton Heights in that sectional now?

12 hours ago, schoosier said:

Good stuff is Pendleton Heights in that sectional now?

No...Pendleton Heights is 4A and in with Connersville, New Pal, Mt. Vernon, Greenfield Central, and Richmond.  Connersville and New Pal both not bad.

Here's the link to Blackford's sectional.    http://indianahsbasketball.homestead.com/files/sect24.htm#loaded

Im thinking now that Archie will be building a team with many new pieces for next year. McNeil could be a valuable addition.

They haven’t offered him and many other schools have. I’m starting to agree with other people that have suggested IU is to late to the party on this one.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

They haven’t offered him and many other schools have. I’m starting to agree with other people that have suggested IU is to late to the party on this one.

Outside of Bob Huggins being there a couple times and a couple other schools visiting 2-3 times, who else was in on him so much earlier that you believe Indiana is likely too late? I’m only asking because from what I have read McNeil has only visited a couple schools and he’s had only a couple visitors who have come more than once. You may be right, but I think if anything he’s showing mutual interest in a couple schools because they have showed more interest and that interest came a little earlier. It’s natural for an early suitor to gain a bit of loyalty, but things often change in a hurry when a school like Colorado State is a kid’s  primary suitor but then other bigger fish come to see him and begin expressing interest. He may have already found his desired place, and if that’s the case, then you’re right. I haven't found enough info on this kid to come to that conclusion though. 

Last I checked he had 12 offers and 8 were mid majors. Not a tough list to beat out.