Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

JUCO: 6'4" SG Sean McNeil to West Virginia

24 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He’s gotten a ton of offers in the past few weeks from some legit schools including West Virginia and Texas Tech

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Based on the roll that Chris Beard has been on with undervalued recruits, that stamp of approval is all I need to hear. I’m in.

Bump. Shooter needed.
With the Brooks decision, which in all honesty should have been expected since no fall signing, this kid adds the best value for the open scholarship. If Hunter can play, he & Brooks would have been competing for the same minutes where as this kid serves a real void.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Feathery said:

Can this guy play defense? He can obviously shoot, but will he be a liability on the other end?

One mediocre defender can be masked.   We won't play many teams with 5 guys who can beat a defender one on one and score enough for it to matter.    No defender is going to be THAT bad.   If a kid is a lights out shooter, we need him.  Not necessarily THIS one; but I wouldn't hold out for a "complete" player if we can get a great shooter.   Romeo is not a very good defender much of the time.  Sheehey wasn't, as another example.   

One mediocre defender can be masked.   We won't play many teams with 5 guys who can beat a defender one on one and score enough for it to matter.    No defender is going to be THAT bad.   If a kid is a lights out shooter, we need him.  Not necessarily THIS one; but I wouldn't hold out for a "complete" player if we can get a great shooter.   Romeo is not a very good defender much of the time.  Sheehey wasn't, as another example.   

A la Jordy Hulls. No offense, I was a big JH fan. And he did improve defensively his senior year. But I miss that shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I think Romeo is coming back. That could end up better than any Grad transfer.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Funny that YOU would say that. We both living down here in Floyd Co. Because there is talk here that isn't as farfetched as most would think. Of course living in the same neighborhood as the Langfords, we hear things. I do know that RL's father wasn't happy at times with the way he was utilized i.e. standing down in the corner. But he also wasn't always happy with Romeo's effort and skills at times and knows there are improvements to be made. Probably not a high probability of him returning but not totally off the table.

32 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Looks like Indiana is not involved with McNeil moving forward....

Sean.thumb.JPG.81f043e109abb5a0a3f91232c58cb644.JPG

We were never involved. We called his high school coach to ask some questions and never went any further. I don't know why or what but we just never pursued him.