Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

JUCO: 6'4" SG Sean McNeil to West Virginia

26 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Good lord this team needs some of this scoring. 

Agreed. 

Sorry to ask about him in the Keion thread (someone had mentioned him on that thread so I brought up questions).  Thanks for starting this.  

This is not a sour grapes post if IU loses Brooks, of course we'd love to have him, and caveat that I'm just going off the above highlight clip of McNeil, but if Brooks is really set on being a 1 and done, then if this kid could perform/shoot at the Big Ten level even remotely close to what he's doing in JUCO, then he might actually be a better fit (2-3 years of him). Long shot since IU seems in late, but maybe the Dayton connections pay off. 

The grand slam would be Brooks picks IU and we get McNeil. 

Again, I'm just going off the one clip, no idea if he translates to this level, but in the clip he looks like a gamer with 'in the gym' range. IU could use some of that. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm just worried that we're getting on him too late. But two seasons of this kid couldn't hurt. 

Chris007, would he only be eligible for two years?  He is technically only a freshman on basketball eligibility. 

1 minute ago, ray said:

Chris007, would he only be eligible for two years?  He is technically only a freshman on basketball eligibility. 

I could be mistaken but I thought he started out at Bellermine or someone like that, then went to Juco. Someone hopefully will correct me if I'm wrong.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I could be mistaken but I thought he started out at Bellermine or someone like that, then went to Juco. Someone hopefully will correct me if I'm wrong.

He did, but he never played a game.  So, does the fact he was on the roster of Bellarmine (before season started) effect his eligibility?

2 minutes ago, ray said:

He did, but he never played a game.  So, does the fact he was on the roster of Bellarmine (before season started) effect his eligibility?

OK I did my own research and you are 100% correct since he didn't play he will have 3 years of eligibility left. Thank you for correcting me. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

OK I did my own research and you are 100% correct since he didn't play he will have 3 years of eligibility left. Thank you for correcting me. 

You're welcome.  I should have more specifically stated my question.  He received a scholarship from Bellarmine and enrolled in classes, but left before the season started.  Does the fact he accepted the scholarship (even though he didn't play) change his eligibility?  It shouldn't, I don't believe, if he never played a game.  I may be wrong though.

Those saying we got in late are right, and there are a lot of schools expressing interest (West Virginia, Virginia, Dayton, and others), but most (if not all) have just recently began to show interest.  I don't think anyone is much later than any others.

7 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I know Sinclair is a very, very respectable JUCO program and Archie is still held with high esteem in Dayton. You pair that with a high level big 10 team NEEDING a scorer? I think we get him if we want him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would not be the least bit surprised if someone from Sinclair called Comar and invited him to take a look. That's usually how it happens.

I'm gonna be a bit of an outlier here -- a bit. He indeed looks like a helluva shooter, but to me, he also looks a bit slow -- for a B1G player, that is. I'd be very concerned about how he can get shots off against B1G guards. Now, when you're chucking it from 35 feet -- nobody can guard that. But still, there's the level of competition in this video to consider.

I'm gonna be a bit of an outlier here -- a bit. He indeed looks like a helluva shooter, but to me, he also looks a bit slow -- for a B1G player, that is. I'd be very concerned about how he can get shots off against B1G guards. Now, when you're chucking it from 35 feet -- nobody can guard that. But still, there's the level of competition in this video to consider.

He’s 6-4 though so I don’t see many other Big Ten guards being that much bigger than him. Imagine him shooting some of the wide open shots others have had this season. It would help that much more just having another team having to track and outside shooter to let others have the lane.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Even if he doesn't shot, he has the ability.  That alone would stretch the defense out and wouldn't allow them to pack the paint like they do now.  He's a more athletic Matt Roth type shooter from what it appears.  Wonder what his background is on why he's JUCO route.

13 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

There are several clips of him on YouTube.  This one looks pretty reflective of what he is. I agree with you about the athleticism. You’d definitely have to run stuff for him. But on the plus side, there are a bunch of  examples of him shooting off the catch and he’s clearly comfortable being used like that. He looks to have a pretty strong frame, so if he’s a legit 6’4’ maybe he has a chance to defend. Looks to me like he has a chance to be a Zeisloft with a better handle. Would take that happily.

58 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have blind faith after experiencing the Zeisloft era. He seems grittier than Roth.