Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Purdue at Indiana Game Thread - 7:00pm ESPN2

14 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’m as frustrated as anyone but name a coach that comes in, is told he HAS to retain and recruit players that don’t fit his style of play whatsoever. Then he has the most extreme case of roster availability ive ever witnessed. 

To top this off, the players he was told he must retain, are causing turmoil inside the locker room. 

Deron Davis is obviously the most important piece to helping balance our offense. How’s his health been all season. 

My emotions run wild after these losses but then I sit back and look at the situation as a whole and I can’t think of more than MAYBE 1-2 coaches who I believe can make this season a success. Do I think Archie should be getting more out of what he has? Yes! But I’m not familiar with the behind the scenes issues this team is facing and they matter. 

I hold out hope in knowing that he turned Dayton into a consistent winner with time. Also, it goes a long way with me, that the Dayton fans miss him and didn’t want to see him go. They are one of the nations more knowledgeable fan bases. I trust their experience with Archie. 

This season just needs to be thrown in the dumpster, forgotten and never to be spoken about ever again. Cut the tumors out, medicate and allow the young coach the space to fix the issues that his predecessor placed at his feet. I’d be completely satisfied and supportive if Archie got rid of a FEW players and started with a new clay. This approach won Villanova 2 national titles in 3 years. 

Ill reserve my judgement on Archie until the end of 4 years. Some don’t have that patience. I question whether I can make it that long but I’m gonna give it a go. Because it’s the sensible thing to do. 

We have the weight of 30 years of mediocrity to shake off. It’s time to realize that this isn’t happening in short order. We aren’t a program that guys are going to leave historic NBA franchises or already successful and established programs for. Not happening. The sooner we come to terms with this fact, the sooner we can contribute to our reestablishment as an elite program. Otherwise just piss and moan and be miserable with your existence. I love Indiana Basketball but my life is completely fulfilled regardless of the number in the W column. 

I’ll go on a limb and say Archie Miller answers the bell In year 3. He’s a proven commodity in his time as a HC. This season is the definition of an outlier, as it relates to his body of work. 

Great post. A pleasure to read