Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Purdue at Indiana Game Thread - 7:00pm ESPN2

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

Edwards missed a dunk and 20+ shots and Haarms lost a ball out of bounds earlier in the game. I believe a great coach wins it for us by it being our possession up 1 with less than a minute to play. And with a foul to give you actually use it. I like Archie and want him to succeed but he didn’t earn the paycheck tonight. 

We forced Edwards into an off balance shot. Couldnt ask for better. Morgan doesnt block out Haarms is why we lost.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

He shot .3% better. So he was able to shoot better from 3, even as slight as it is, on slightly more attempts, but worse from the line and 2 and that’s on Archie? Come on

Not to mention that while his free throw percentage was worse his senior year than his junior year, it was better than it was in both his sophomore and freshman seasons. His senior year percentage was better than the average of the three previous years on almost double the attempts (2.6 his senior year and 1.4 for the 3 previous years). 

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

We forced Edwards into an off balance shot. Couldnt ask for better. Morgan doesnt block out Haarms is why we lost.

I actually thought Morgan boxed him out just fine. The dude is 7-foot-3 inches tall. He just made the play. If Haarms is 6-11, we're in overtime. 

And yet, as Hoosierfan2017 pointed out, Rob shot better as a senior on more attempts..

Read his synopsis of Rojo’s shooting stroke. I don’t want to get in the middle of this at all, and I don’t necessarily agree with the direction he’s taking the info, but he’s right dead spot on with what happened to Rob’s mechanics. That happened exactly as he said it did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, cappymo14 said:

Read his synopsis of Rojo’s shooting stroke. I don’t want to get in the middle of this at all, and I don’t necessarily agree with the direction he’s taking the info, but he’s right dead spot on with what happened to Rob’s mechanics. That happened exactly as he said it did.

But if he shot better then how is it relevant? His point was Archie makes guys worse shooters

Go watch other conference games and you won’t watch this crap that seems to happen several times a week in the Big Ten. I love the Big Ten. As much as IU needs an overhaul in the administration the Big Ten needs one.

How is Eastern’s elbow catch Langford in the mouth and they don’t go to look at it? That tip in to win the game? JMo can’t jump up to get a rebound with Haarms on his back. They missed JMo’s goaltend on a layup. Edwards calls his own fouls in the first half. I’m sick and tired of watching the **** show that is Big Ten basketball.

**** Bo Boroski too. Dude is absolute trash.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Go watch other conference games and you won’t watch this crap that seems to happen several times a week in the Big Ten. I love the Big Ten. As much as IU needs an overhaul in the administration the Big Ten needs one.

How is Eastern’s elbow catch Langford in the mouth and they don’t go to look at it? That tip in to win the game? JMo can’t jump up to get a rebound with Haarms on his back. They missed JMo’s goaltend on a layup. Edwards calls his own fouls in the first half. I’m sick and tired of watching the **** show that is Big Ten basketball.

I think the ACC has the best brand of basketball by far. Coincidentally, they consistently have the most top teams and top 25 teams. Can’t be a correlation there at all. We always wonder why the BIG lacks in talent. I mean, even one of our main recruiting targets loves us but hates our conference because it’s tackle basketball. If that’s not alarming, idk what is. 

Just now, VO5 said:

The difference to me with Juwan and Edwards was Juwan got wide open shots from 3 and had point blank misses at the rim. We played brutal D on Edwards. He had a hand in his grill all night. Al and Rob did fantastic on him. I can’t say the same for the guys guarding Juwan

I agree and loved our effort tonight. A great  coach gives the ball to Romeo and says get fouled and win it period with less than a minute. He was getting fouled all game and the officials will call it this late in the game. Why not foul Edwards before the shot or foul Haarms to keep him away from the basket. Let the officials make that call as you can easily see Haarms push off before the tip and not get called. 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I listened to that last part of the game on the radio and was wondering the same thing about the blow Langford took.  The refs will go to the replay at the drop of a hat to determine if a player "hooked" another (why is that a major point of emphasis now?), but rarely do anymore - it's like somehow Romeo magically started bleeding or smacked himself in the face. But, I only heard it on the radio.

But, yes, Boroski is just plain awful - and there's a handful more that are similarly bad.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

I think the ACC has the best brand of basketball by far. Coincidentally, they consistently have the most top teams and top 25 teams. Can’t be a correlation there at all. We always wonder why the BIG lacks in talent. I mean, even one of our main recruiting targets loves us but hates our conference because it’s tackle basketball. If that’s not alarming, idk what is. 

Agree. If I’m casually watching a game, in which I don’t really care who wins, the ACC games are typically much more entertaining than watching the BT.  

Just now, schoosier said:

I agree and loved our effort tonight. A great  coach gives the ball to Romeo and says get fouled and win it period with less than a minute. He was getting fouled all game and the officials will call it this late in the game. Why not foul Edwards before the shot or foul Haarms to keep him away from the basket. Let the officials make that call as you can easily see Haarms push off before the tip and not get called. 

Your last sentence is kind of an oxymoron. Let the officials make a call after they missed one doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Romeo was getting bullied all game and had maybe 2 fouls called for him. I had zero faith the refs would make any sort of right call. We can’t act like Archie drew it up for Juwan to slip and fall on the baseline. 

13 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Ya but I think the refs truly had DeRon been in would have gotten Haarms to foul out. I think the refs were ready to call fouls on either player. 

I doubt he draws a foul on Haarms.  When the double came, and it would’ve come, DeRon would dribble away towards the three point line like he did all game.  

Edited by cchuntsman

The difference to me with Juwan and Edwards was Juwan got wide open shots from 3 and had point blank misses at the rim. We played brutal D on Edwards. He had a hand in his grill all night. Al and Rob did fantastic on him. I can’t say the same for the guys guarding Juwan

Yeah man. Juwan had some super uncontested looks from 3. Wasn’t really close on those to be honest. Would have been a real difference maker if he hits just a couple.

I mean, if you’re a lottery pick would you want to play in the Big Ten? Romeo just spent a few hours having Eastern draped all over him getting called for a foul once for every 5 committed. You don’t get that in other conferences like this.

How do you go to cut and get two hands pulling on you from the defender but nothing gets called? That’s good, hard Big Ten defense. I’m sick of this horseshit conference and what they consider basketball. How does Romeo get an elbow to the face on a non basketball play and they don’t even think about looking at it?!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I mean, if you’re a lottery pick would you want to play in the Big Ten? Romeo just spent a few hours having Eastern draped all over him getting called for a foul once for every 5 committed. You don’t get that in other conferences like this.

How do you go to cut and get two hands pulling on you from the defender but nothing gets called? That’s good, hard Big Ten defense. I’m sick of this horseshit conference and what they consider basketball. How does Romeo get an elbow to the face on a non basketball play and they don’t even think about looking at it?!

I’m right there with you man. It’s why outside of IU, I’m starting to watch less and less. It’s just not enjoyable 

6 minutes ago, schoosier said:

It looked like the play was designed to be a handoff to Romeo, but Romeo didn’t create space from Eastern.  Romeo needed to jab-step to the baseline before running to the dribble handoff.  Since Romeo didn’t set up Eastern to create any space, Juwan couldn’t safely do the handoff.  

I’m right there with you man. It’s why outside of IU, I’m starting to watch less and less. It’s just not enjoyable 

It’s a ******* joke but the Big Ten loves its “toughness” mantra. It doesn’t play in today’s game. Michigan has been the best representative of Big Ten basketball in the tourney recently and they don’t play that garbage.